2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Yeah that is exactly my point.
I would worry about the ability to improve on it going forward, or I guess have those improvements be accepted and ultimately sold well, but I don't think companies really care about that. Sell it, find a way to sell the improved, every new one will solve your problem, yadda yada...

I would worry about the ability to improve on it going forward, or I guess have those improvements be accepted and ultimately sold well, but I don't think companies really care about that. Sell it, find a way to sell the improved, every new one will solve your problem, yadda yada...

The stealth is a first for taylormade. 20 years In The making or whatever? I don’t know, and Don’t really even care about that aspect. It is a fantastic first driver with new to them tech. All indications for me point to it doing exactly what they wanted it to do. That is a success. There is really good tour adaptation as well. Adam Scoot put one in the bag for the players. Now he proceeded to hit some pretty wide left balls into the drink but he probably would have done that with his tsi4 too. But there are many others as well. The ball speed retention on hits all over the face is really really good.

All that said I am a big fan, but even I have to admit I am not sure it is the driver for me this whole year. It but it is right now lol.. some really good products out there making for a fun equipment year.

The stealth is a first for taylormade. 20 years In The making or whatever?
you were in a live chat with their head of industrial design at that time, head of products, etc. you should have asked

you were in a live chat with their head of industrial design at that time, head of products, etc. you should have asked

You know, I didn’t put those dots together during that. Lol.. next time I see him I will be sure to ask. Lol.

I am 100% sure I would get an honest answer. But I am not sure I want to ask that question in that setting. Feels a bit loaded.

The stealth is a first for taylormade. 20 years In The making or whatever? I don’t know, and Don’t really even care about that aspect. It is a fantastic first driver with new to them tech. All indications for me point to it doing exactly what they wanted it to do. That is a success. There is really good tour adaptation as well. Adam Scoot put one in the bag for the players. Now he proceeded to hit some pretty wide left balls into the drink but he probably would have done that with his tsi4 too. But there are many others as well. The ball speed retention on hits all over the face is really really good.

All that said I am a big fan, but even I have to admit I am not sure it is the driver for me this whole year. It but it is right now lol.. some really good products out there making for a fun equipment year.
I like that he seems willing to tinker, and that it never seems to go all that well for him. Lol

It takes a lot for something to stay in my bag for the year, too. And it definitely won't be the only one getting played, but it does seem like a very good fit for me, and won't be easy to beat.

View attachment 9073000

Still zero issues with the face too. I wasn't kidding when I said mine looks pristine after hitting tons of range balls and a bunch of rounds.

the demos in our local shop usually take a beating and for some reason the majority of the balls they use are pretty beat up. The face on the TM’s are showing now wear at all which to be honest kinda surprises me

the demos in our local shop usually take a beating and for some reason the majority of the balls they use are pretty beat up. The face on the TM’s are showing now wear at all which to be honest kinda surprises me
I don't think it surprises me that they seem plenty durable, but the feel of it always keeps it in the back of my mind that something maybe should happen to it. Lol And I didn't putt hardly any stock in those pictures people were trying to circulate with the beat up facesface. That stuff always seems intentional. Like when a new ball is released, some jackass usually shreds the cover on one in some ridiculous way and posts a picture with 😲🤨😧😕🥺 faces and starts a bunch of durability nonsense. And it's rarely an actual issue.

Saw those couple by Scott @templeton80 . Back to back dunks. Eesh. They were pretty good drives, nothing crazy about them. Just bad start lines. He's moving it to. Get the feeling he's a decently big guy, but mid 180s is pretty legit. Spotted him hitting a real nice Stealth Plus fairway shot too.

Saw those couple by Scott @templeton80 . Back to back dunks. Eesh. They were pretty good drives, nothing crazy about them. Just bad start lines. He's moving it to. Get the feeling he's a decently big guy, but mid 180s is pretty legit. Spotted him hitting a real nice Stealth Plus fairway shot too.

The one he finally hit In the fairway was 185 Ball speed. That’s cooked! The two bad shots looked like bad pulls. The were out In the water from the minute they left the face. That’s a swing issue. Not a club issue.

You thought the red face was fast?????

check out the club speed with the blue!!!!

B50F7CE6-15EA-4FD8-B0D4-CCA04838D23E.jpeg

Had my first session today with the MyStealth and white crown. What’s noticeable right away after almost 2 months with regular stealth+ is the white makes the head seem bigger. The all black top line looks much better at address but I said that even before ordering a MyStealth. I just wanted a red white and blue driver

I don’t think it looks bad at all, still a great looking driver at address, but the all blacksuits my eye more.

The blue face however is a game changer!! Hit a new personal best swing speed of 207mph. Before that I was stuck at 117 with the red face

I finally hit some balls with the Stealth Plus driver. It was a 9 degree head, with the Hzrdus Red 6.0 stock shaft, the weight was all the way to the heel side.

There is absolutely no question in my mind that for me, this driver produces the fastest ball speeds of anything that I have hit this year. I am hoping to increase my speed a bit as my swing finds a groove coming out of winter, but I have consistently been around 146/147 ball speed with driver so far this year. The Stealth Plus was consistently 3 mph faster than that, putting me right at 150 ball speed and that has been my magic number with driver, where I feel elated. The launch was right where I would expect from driver and the spin was staying right around 2300 to 2600. The ball dispersion was excellent as well.

The launch monitor I was using is one I have used previously, so I know what to expect numbers-wise. Just for kicks, I compared it today to a Rogue Max LS. The Rogue had a Tensei White stiff shaft, which is not my best shaft, but the numbers were back in that 146 range and it had lower spin than the Stealth Plus, which may be a function of the shaft, but I simply could not generate the same ball speed with the Rogue that I could with the Stealth Plus.

The sound/feel is definitely different, but it is not off putting to me at all. As some others have described, it almost has a bit of a rubbery feel coming off the face.

My takeaway is that based on this one short experience, this driver will likely beat out anything I could hit. I would like to see it head to head with my Cobra LTDx, which is going to happen.

That’s pretty much my experience with it as well. I usually don’t test on LM frequently, but when I do, my good swings are 155-160. Stealth plus was consistently in 160-162 range with the Tensei 1K and ZF.

I‘m seeing those results translate to the course. It’s been very long for me in colder weather. Played in 45* the other day and made green side bunker on side of front of green- 317 yds to center of green. GPS showed it as a 303yd drive. I’m actually not sure I made it quite that far last summer on same hole. I’m finding it to be quite forgiving as well. No idea what Shiels is talking about, other than being an idiot.

20220313_184831.jpg

Recent spread. At pretty ridiculous yardage.

It STHUCKS! :p

Last edited:
So dispersion is good, but when you're only half swinging to 100 yards it's not a valid test :LOL:

I can only imagine what those real yardages are. That is some crazy accuracy and consistency
What's wrong with bump and run drivers?! :LOL:

No, it's over 3 bills average. I'm curious what it will actually be be when it warms up. It's hard to judge with winter conditions. It's been mostly softer, but we have some downhills off the tee, also some where you just bury into uphills,.. It's tough to say. I feel like it's usually 5 or 6 yards more in the prime season though compared to now, which would be 🔥. Took me a bit to dial it in, but it's entering weapon stage.

No, it's over 3 bills average. I'm curious what it will actually be be when it warms up. It's hard to judge with winter conditions. It's been mostly softer, but we have some downhills off the tee, also some where you just bury into uphills,.. It's tough to say. I feel like it's usually 5 or 6 yards more in the prime season though compared to now, which would be 🔥. Took me a bit to dial it in, but it's entering weapon stage.
I tried the Stealth and it didn't work for me...oh well saved me $600

That is incredible nicely done. I am patiently waiting for mine to show up. It is going to be really hard to boot the Rogue out of the bag but we will see.

Back