2023-2024 College Football Thread

From a text conversation about the viability of the current bowl system and 12 team playoff, should bowl eligibility automatically mean you’ll get a bowl bid?
I think, with opt outs and transfers, we are watching the demise of bowl games. I think eventually it will be playoffs and then maybe a few post season exhibitions from those that don’t make the expanded playoffs. Mass bowl games seem like they are on the way out.

I have seen some bad no calls for Liberty but Oregon finally throwing a beating

I know right? I hope today is Matt House’s last day.
I wish I could do my job as poorly as he does and still continue to cash a check every other Friday.

I also still wish it was Sunkist or Tostitos Fiesta Bowl

I didn’t expect the Badgers to be up in this game

I think, with opt outs and transfers, we are watching the demise of bowl games. I think eventually it will be playoffs and then maybe a few post season exhibitions from those that don’t make the expanded playoffs. Mass bowl games seem like they are on the way out.
Have to imagine some of these sponsors didn’t get anywhere near the ROI they thought they would

Last edited:
This is the least surprising result of the entire bowl season.

Not sure I’d call that a pick when the ball moved, despite how much I want it to be

Wow, I’m surprised by that one

Wow, I’m surprised by that one
Clearly hit the ground. But, for first half spread purposes, I’m fine with it!

I probably makes me a jerk but I love seeing college kids upset about a call. Sad coeds make me laugh so much.

They are learning they just don’t belong.It stinks to have a once in a lifetime season;However, a division 2 style competition doesn’t count

Bo Nix definitely looks like a legit NFL prospect
I mean he's only been playing college football since the Bush administration

Do you want a guy that has played and improved every year or a guy (kid) that has only played 1 year?
you know that's a good question. I think if you look at say Anthony Richardson, I think there is more upside to him. But honestly, I don't know and can't really generalize that.

Have to imagine some of these sponsors didn’t get anywhere near the ROI they thought they would
Sad, just hate seeing so many kids in the portal or opting out of playing.

Wonder what the answer is. Expanding the playoffs doesn’t seem right

Sad, just hate seeing so many kids in the portal or opting out of playing.

Wonder what the answer is. Expanding the playoffs doesn’t seem right
It’s tough. The answer is change the portal date to January but if you are transferring you kind of have to be able to make that decision before January because of the whole school part of college football.

It’s tough. The answer is change the portal date to January but if you are transferring you kind of have to be able to make that decision before January because of the whole school part of college football.
wait, there's an educational element to this whole thing?

Do you want a guy that has played and improved every year or a guy (kid) that has only played 1 year?
sounds like a Stetson Bennett/Brandon Weeden argument. History says you don’t want those guys (or Bo Nix)

Back