2023-2024 College Football Thread

sounds like a Stetson Bennett/Brandon Weeden argument. History says you don’t want those guys (or Bo Nix)
please don't lump Bennett in with Weeden.

I think, with opt outs and transfers, we are watching the demise of bowl games. I think eventually it will be playoffs and then maybe a few post season exhibitions from those that don’t make the expanded playoffs. Mass bowl games seem like they are on the way out.
In its current configuration, yes.

The players cannot be allowed to opt out. I am not sure that can be universally fixed without the players being employees.

The Portal window should probably happen after bowl / playoff season.

sounds like a Stetson Bennett/Brandon Weeden argument. History says you don’t want those guys (or Bo Nix)
Not the same, wheedon was 29 when drafted and stetson is 25 and 5'11. I'm not saying he is going to be Patrick Mahomes but it's easy to see his potential

Huge hit for the Badgers

Actually, I still like my original idea the best for dealing with the Portal: we go back to having players sit out a year for ‘regular’ transfers (ie, you still get a free transfer if you graduate and if your coach leaves). If a school wants a kid they can still pay for him but their football ROI doesn’t start for a year. We would probably need an anti-trust exception to be enacted for this, which likely won’t happen.

Who ends up with more career starts? Weeden set the bar at 25
That’s a good bar for Nix. I think he hits over. He probably will end up getting one season as a starter at least. Then if he gets 2-3 more starts over 10 years as a backup he hits the over.

Great punt for the Badgers. Need a stop

I think if Oregon scores here it might be over.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Wis-LSU is a ballgame! What a great couple of passes and catches just now!

LSU right now

Im Back Wake Up GIF

Did they score too quick is the question

Wow, from their own 2 yard line, and quickly. May have scored too quickly tho.

From a text conversation about the viability of the current bowl system and 12 team playoff, should bowl eligibility automatically mean you’ll get a bowl bid?
Im pretty indifferent but if it gives kids a chance to play why not?

What a crappy last 3 plays 🙃

Geaux Tigers… Never a doubt.

And the most frustrating LSU season in recent memory is over at 10-3.
Must be nice to have a frustrating 10 win season.

I’ll trade ya.

I’ll trade ya.
Its like the local WVU fans wanting to fire Neal Brown after winning 9 games when projected to win 3. Unrealistic expectations.

I’ll trade ya.
I know what you mean, but squandering a generational QB with an Outback Bowl season, will always bother me.

Back