2023 Anthony Kim Rumor Mill….

Fun facts:
AK had no idea what a Trackman was. DJ had to show him on the range.

If this is "actually true" (higgghhhhllly doubtful) it is more concerning than it is fun. High school golfers know what they are and how to use them. He's a "professional golfer" getting handed a butt load of cash.

Not t sure where this was pulled from. But, I strongly doubt AK had no clue what it was.

If this is "actually true" (higgghhhhllly doubtful) it is more concerning than it is fun. High school golfers know what they are and how to use them. He's a "professional golfer" getting handed a butt load of cash.

Not t sure where this was pulled from. But, I strongly doubt AK had no clue what it was.
I can’t speak for the veracity, but it was mentioned in the round two highlights video above.

I can’t speak for the veracity, but it was mentioned in the round two highlights video above.
Noted. I'll take it with a grain of salt then. AK has been away from the game a while. But it's not like he was living in a cave and didn't own golf equipment since his injury

Time to go low(er) for the final round. Just happy the guy is back! Will tune in to hear him tell his story when the time is right.

1709427572549.jpeg

I expected something a little better after two rounds but where he’s at makes sense given the talent around him. Money games are way different than professional events. I’m not making excuses but if this is the floor I’ve seen enough flashes (the par run today to close out the round) that tells me he just needs rounds under his belt to get going. The nerves are real and it’s showing in spots

How has he never heard of a Trackman? He’s hit balls at OU, they have them. He’s never once been like hey what is that thing?
I think they existed before he quite golfing too. Seems far fetched. He supposedly was playing golf and looks to have been playing a good bit to play as well as he has. I don’t buy it.

I think they existed before he quite golfing too. Seems far fetched. He supposedly was playing golf and looks to have been playing a good bit to play as well as he has. I don’t buy it.
I agree, this one isn’t passing the sniff test

I agree, this one isn’t passing the sniff test
I don’t get takes like this.. but the golf media all over the place is gobbling AK content up.

Read a lot of interesting stuff the past few days about him all over the place.. lots to do with what’s going on with his face..

I don’t get takes like this.. but the golf media all over the place is gobbling AK content up.

Read a lot of interesting stuff the past few days about him all over the place.. lots to do with what’s going on with his face..
I’ll wait for him to answer the question when asked. May not ever be our business, and I’m good with that just the same.

lots to do with what’s going on with his face..
He’s almost 40 instead of mid 20’s? We just missed out on seeing him gradually age like every other golfer who has been in the limelight for the last 12 years.

I’ll wait for him to answer the question when asked. May not ever be our business, and I’m good with that just the same.
Sure. I don’t care if we ever get answer on stuff like that but it is also ok for me to wonder..

He’s almost 40 instead of mid 20’s? We just missed out on seeing him gradually age like every other golfer who has been in the limelight for the last 12 years.

Sure, I am pretty certain there is way more to it..

100%. I’d like to think it was something cool like a belt buckle making situation gone wrong
I am sure it was from a good time.

11 straight pars to finish today.

A string of 36 straight pars would have put him at T44 out 54. Pars in that league don’t do anything for you. I think he will get better and I am not surprised by the rust but I would be shocked if he becomes competitive. Kim last won on tour 14 years ago and he wasn’t that effective his last couple of years. 14 years is a lifetime in pro golf even if you have been playing. Never mind if you were just hanging out.

My only question about the Trackman would be how did he get new equipment. I assume he didn't just roll up to a golf shop and picked stuff up off the shelf. I am sure he got fit and had some type of launch monitor to get fit into the specifics of his WITB.

My only question about the Trackman would be how did he get new equipment. I assume he didn't just roll up to a golf shop and picked stuff up off the shelf. I am sure he got fit and had some type of launch monitor to get fit into the specifics of his WITB.
Maybe he just didnt know it by name?

It was mentioned in Rd 1 as well.

Two shot improvement in round 4 and tied for the worst round of the day. Something to build off heading into the next event. The comeback tour seems a little premature or half-baked. Hopefully onto better things and lower scores.

Two shot improvement in round 4 and tied for the worst round of the day. Something to build off heading into the next event. The comeback tour seems a little premature or half-baked. Hopefully onto better things and lower scores.
There is no replicating tour level tournament pressure. The last 2 rounds he settled down after some bumpy starts. I don't think he wins anytime soon but there are some good things to see out of him. He needs rounds at this point to figure out if he wants to grind his way back into relevance.

There is no replicating tour level tournament pressure. The last 2 rounds he settled down after some bumpy starts. I don't think he wins anytime soon but there are some good things to see out of him. He needs rounds at this point to figure out if he wants to grind his way back into relevance.
Optimistic for some momentum during his wildcard run. Also looking forward to not a 3am start so I can watch some live golf.

I think the first event will be viewed as a success by all. The fanboys got their boy back, and will look at this as a building block. “Haters” got their +16. I hope this was a rust result opposed to pressure.

Back