2023 Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid

I don’t carry a fairway and use this as a 3 wood replacement. Probably a little less forgiving off of the deck but is iron like off tee. Heel misses get punished a bit in sound/feel and distance.
Would you say it's less forgiving than a 3 wood off the deck vertically or horizontally (or both)?

Would you say it's less forgiving than a 3 wood off the deck vertically or horizontally (or both)?
Heel strikes. It’s the only fault I’ve had with the club. I can play it low or high without much issue. Can’t afford to miss it in the heel.

Simulater today revealed something I seen on the course but had no numbers to back it up. Short tee and centered strike on full speed swing.

Club head speed 109mph. Ball Speed 158 Back spin 3200. Ball flight was a dead straight shot tracer. Carry 264. These are damn near driver numbers. Total was 275. I just gotta release the Kraken and let this thing rip. I might not carry a driver most rounds next season if this keeps up.

Simulater today revealed something I seen on the course but had no numbers to back it up. Short tee and centered strike on full speed swing.

Club head speed 109mph. Ball Speed 158 Back spin 3200. Ball flight was a dead straight shot tracer. Carry 264. These are damn near driver numbers. Total was 275. I just gotta release the Kraken and let this thing rip. I might not carry a driver most rounds next season if this keeps up.
That is absolutely moving it. I am still intrigued by this one. Wish I had given it more time because I think it could be really fun to have in the bag.

Had a 224 yard par 3 that I poked my SH on about 35 feet from the hole. A nice 3 putt and on to the next hole. SH put me right where I needed to be.

Finally got another round in with the super yesterday. I am loving that thing.

I had a green about 220 out after a duffed 3 wood from the tee and stuck the green maybe 2-3 yards of roll out. I know there's some talk of this being too low spin and running out but that has not been the case yet. Yes the greens were a bit soft out here however the pitch mark indicated a landing angle that was similar to some higher lofted irons.

The thing is also more automatic off the tee than the 3 wood currently.

Finally got another round in with the super yesterday. I am loving that thing.

I had a green about 220 out after a duffed 3 wood from the tee and stuck the green maybe 2-3 yards of roll out. I know there's some talk of this being too low spin and running out but that has not been the case yet. Yes the greens were a bit soft out here however the pitch mark indicated a landing angle that was similar to some higher lofted irons.

The thing is also more automatic off the tee than the 3 wood currently.
I couldn’t agree more. So easy off the tee and easier to strike from deck (for me anyways)

I couldn’t agree more. So easy off the tee and easier to strike from deck (for me anyways)
My swing has also been dog water and this thing still helped a bit. It's by no means a miracle club but I've definitely tested how forgiving it can be. Now that my swing is semi okay I'm really looking forward to testing this out. Unless I really do something funky I can't really hit my usual fade. I can however hit lots of draws and some duck hooks 🤣

My swing has also been dog water and this thing still helped a bit. It's by no means a miracle club but I've definitely tested how forgiving it can be. Now that my swing is semi okay I'm really looking forward to testing this out. Unless I really do something funky I can't really hit my usual fade. I can however hit lots of draws and some duck hooks 🤣
I never thought I’d consider taking the King Tec out of the bag but I could play this at 20 degrees and have no problem

I spent a good 30 minutes hitting this in the Tech Studio last night. Working on a range of things but really comparing ball speed vs the predecessor.
For those wondering, when hit on the button, ball speed I saw was the same for this one vs the previous. Missing out towards the toe, the story is totally different. +5 vs the previous and only -3 off the center.

Still in the pretty low spin realm and for the 18* I have currently, that fits pretty well. This will be a great bridge club for me going from driver to hybrids or irons.

Once the new clubs are released next month I'm going to rebuild the top of my bag. With that said, other than knowing I'm going to upgrade my Paradym Drive to the new offering I'm not sure how I'm going to build it between driver and irons. My choices:
3wd, SH
3wd UW
SH, SH
UW, UW
Combination of UW & SH

I'm currently playing the New 17* UW and the Epic 21* SH to the 4i. I may even pull the 4i in favor of another SH or UW.

It's definitely going to be a difficult decision.

I spent a good 30 minutes hitting this in the Tech Studio last night. Working on a range of things but really comparing ball speed vs the predecessor.
For those wondering, when hit on the button, ball speed I saw was the same for this one vs the previous. Missing out towards the toe, the story is totally different. +5 vs the previous and only -3 off the center.

Still in the pretty low spin realm and for the 18* I have currently, that fits pretty well. This will be a great bridge club for me going from driver to hybrids or irons.
Did you get any specific numbers on the heel strike drop off?

Had another fantastic round with this club. It’s by far my favorite “I need one in the fairway” club. It’s borne out by the stats too. Its also has incredible ball speeds. When I catch one good it goes 230-240. But it also is able to hold greens. I really need to get a custom fit shaft for this fantastic club. IMG_5886.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5884.jpeg
    IMG_5884.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5885.jpeg
    IMG_5885.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 3
This thing is a freaking weapon!!!!

This thing is a freaking weapon!!!!
It would be fun to mess with just to see what sort of ball speeds I could get

Last edited:

Is this one a true distance club for you or are you able to hold greens?

Today in the simulator I played with the settings a little. -1 D is the best of the tee but the standard stock setting is best from the deck.

UST LINQ hybrid Black 100F5 waiting to be tipped and gripped.

Today was “Ho-hum” until it wasn’t. Drive into a tree leaving me 248 to the pin. The good college try of swinging “fast” and hope for the best. “TING” and find my ball green side after the flag was waving around. Never been that accurate off the deck with anything.

I dropped a ball in the fairway the next hole with the GPS reading 240. Ball lands on back of green and barely runs off.

This club is firmly planted in my 2024 bag so far. It seems to be the perfect bridge club between drivers and a hybrid to irons for me.

This club is firmly planted in my 2024 bag so far. It seems to be the perfect bridge club between drivers and a hybrid to irons for me.
Are you using the Super Hybrid in various lies, ie fairway or rough? What distance is this filling in for you?

Are you using the Super Hybrid in various lies, ie fairway or rough? What distance is this filling in for you?
I think with the size of the head, it will be more for cleaner lies or the ball sitting up. Its essentially a FW Wood replacement for me. I'm seeing about 225 out of it and that is a pretty solid bridge to the next spot in the bag.

Short rough it works well in my experience. The wider sole and high rough plus the combo of low loft I can't hit it out of rough that is "over the ball" for lack of a better measure.

Back