2023 Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid

I find my self using the Epic Super Hybrid much much more than my 3-wood. Easier to hit, higher ball flight, and no loss of distance.
The Paradym Super hybrid will replace the Epic in the bag next week when it arrives...........hoping for the same results from it.
Getting the right shaft is super critical too.

My 24* Super Hybrid has arrived. This is a photo of the Super Hybrid on the left and my 21* UW on the right. This is a bit strange for me for the lower lofted club to have a smaller head than the higher lofted club. It will be an interesting experiment. If this works, my club progression will be:

6 iron - 26*
Super Hybrid - 24*
UW - 21*

View attachment 9236823
The Super Hybrid appeared bigger to my eye when I hit it and I felt like I could see more loft on it than the UW, which for those who want to see the loft should help with confidence.

Picked up an 18* to try as a potential 5 wood option. I gamed the original SH and briefly tried the Epic version. I braved the cold garage over lunch for a few initial swings. Biggest change I notice over the prior versions is the sound, one of the more satisfying sounding clubs I've hit in recent memory. Teed up ball speed and distance definitely keeps up with the 5 wood, with a slightly flatter flight. Off the deck like previous versions I struggle a little bit to unlock all the distance from lower face contact compared to more compact hybrids or fairway woods. I find even with the Softy mat it's a little easier to get under the ball with this kind of club on grass. It does seem that there has been improvement in the sole such that those strikes aren't going to turn into a straight worm burner even if there's some drop in distance.

Ordered yesterday morning...............Tracking number this morning
CPO is super fast

Will be here Saturday.......... before next weeks indoor league night, put it right into action.

Last edited:
are you seeing 1.48-1.51 smash on pretty much every swing?
No clue. The big thing is, I hit this flush and rarely get that contact with a 3 wood.

The heel of the club yields 1.00 for me lol

Have a couple more sim rounds in the books with this. Starting to get more comfortable of the deck. Tried working it a couple times and definitely have to work hard at it. I've has a couple swings that felt like they'd be pulls with a FW that just went straight. Being shorter it seems a little easier to dial down the distance than a 5W would be.

Playing around with it like this kinda get why they go up to 6h. Seems counterintuitive to have a bomber 6h but having a really straight 6h definitely doesn't.

First time on a launch monitor today with the 5 Super Hybrid. I started out with it at 24*. I was hooking it a bit and the spin was still too high. I lofted it down to 23* and started seeing more of what I want. The head looks large for something in this spot in the bag, but I can habituate to it. There certainly is some potential. This was a typical swing:

IMG_6345.jpeg

First time on a launch monitor today with the 5 Super Hybrid. I started out with it at 24*. I was hooking it a bit and the spin was still too high. I lofted it down to 23* and started seeing more of what I want. The head looks large for something in this spot in the bag, but I can habituate to it. There certainly is some potential. This was a typical swing:

View attachment 9237112
Its a monster of a hybrid. Perfect replacement club for those that don't get along with fairways

Its a monster of a hybrid. Perfect replacement club for those that don't get along with fairways
I had the OG Super Hybrid. I wondered what the numbers would be on one that is this high lofted. The 1.50 smash factor is eye opening.

I had the OG Super Hybrid. I wondered what the numbers would be on one that is this high lofted. The 1.50 smash factor is eye opening.
The ball speed these create is in-freaking-sane. Are the higher lofted ones good out of the thick rough or is the sole still the issue?

I am tempted to get one around the 19 mark but I have a sentimental club that works really well for me. I’m afraid this hybrid as a 4 iron replacement would be way to long

The ball speed these create is in-freaking-sane. Are the higher lofted ones good out of the thick rough or is the sole still the issue?
I don’t know. I just received the 5 and have only hit it for one session on a mat indoors. That is going to be one of my questions, particularly with that larger head.

initial impressions of the 2h in std settings.

First the good. Hit over 150 ball speed pretty consistently.

But looks wide wide open at address and was snapping off some nasty hooks, everything was left left. Also spinning up to 4900. The hooks make me regret going with the F5 flex, but then the spin, I dunno.

Will be curious if I can overcome the setup.
Holding off on strong conclusions as it was about 35 in the garage with the Rapsodo I haven’t had set up in several months.

initial impressions of the 2h in std settings.

First the good. Hit over 150 ball speed pretty consistently.

But looks wide wide open at address and was snapping off some nasty hooks, everything was left left. Also spinning up to 4900. The hooks make me regret going with the F5 flex, but then the spin, I dunno.

Will be curious if I can overcome the setup.
Holding off on strong conclusions as it was about 35 in the garage with the Rapsodo I haven’t had set up in several months.
FWIW I had this issue the first few swings. The loft would dictate a rather forward ball position but the length of shaft leads me to suggest moving the ball back a little. It made a massive difference for me.

FWIW I had this issue the first few swings. The loft would dictate a rather forward ball position but the length of shaft leads me to suggest moving the ball back a little. It made a massive difference for me.

I was definitely playing it in a fairway wood placement. hmm

I was definitely playing it in a fairway wood placement. hmm
I know it sounds silly but it took me a little bit to figure out how to use it off the deck. Off tee it didn't make a lot of difference. Move it back a ball or two. Let me know if it helps the same as it did me

This club was the topic of the entire clubhouse today. The guys next to me asked if I was hitting a second driver when they seen the numbers. Several of them hit it and though its not fit for them, fell in love. They were starting to research the club on the website. The ultimate club compliment.

Finally pulled the trigger and have the 2 hybrid coming! (In my range testing it is just better than my 3 wood. Hoping the on course results follow what I'm seeing!!)

Got to play a cold 9 today. Hit this a lot. It is such a bomber at the 17*.

What sort of ball flight do you all see with this, compared to your normal ball flight?

What sort of ball flight do you all see with this, compared to your normal ball flight?
I've only hit the demo at the range (about 8 times or so). I was comparing it to my Rogue ST Pro 3 HL. I was seeing a slightly lower flight but 5 or so yards more carry and 5-10 yards more total. The biggest difference for me was that my dispersion was much tighter and mishits were fewer

Back