2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons

It was a really fun combo. I've pretty much decided to change into graphite in irons as well, but for some reason I've been thinking about lighter ones in the 75-95 range. The 105 wasn't bad at all! It definitely took a few swings to start finding the combo, but I could easily game that pair. The King Tours just went to the forefront of my thinking in irons...
Very cool that they had the MMTs in 105 weight for you to get swings wiith. Every shop I have been to around me has a very sparse selection when it comes to graphite and the majority of them are lighter.

Very cool that they had the MMTs in 105 weight for you to get swings wiith. Every shop I have been to around me has a very sparse selection when it comes to graphite and the majority of them are lighter.
It was! We also talked why the selection is limited in graphites. According to his fitting sheet, King Tours need a tapered shaft. And not many models have those. If you compare the Cobra site and the selection of shafts you have in King Tours and say Darkspeed, there's a difference.

I mentioned it casually in a few other places around here, but I picked up a set of the KING Tours a bit before the Morgan Cup last year. They kinda fell into my lap, so I took a flyer for fun.

Well, they have found their way in the bag for the last 2 months and I am loving what I am seeing. They are way more forgiving than they look, and I am getting some great distance. I don’t have quite the same control with the 4 and 5 irons that I have with the OL Aerojets, but that’s to be expected I think given my current talent.

I’m taking the next step now, and I just ordered a set of UST Mamiya Dart V 105 F4 shafts to install in this set. I am real excited to give them a good run. I think these may be quite successful for me.

I mentioned it casually in a few other places around here, but I picked up a set of the KING Tours a bit before the Morgan Cup last year. They kinda fell into my lap, so I took a flyer for fun.

Well, they have found their way in the bag for the last 2 months and I am loving what I am seeing. They are way more forgiving than they look, and I am getting some great distance. I don’t have quite the same control with the 4 and 5 irons that I have with the OL Aerojets, but that’s to be expected I think given my current talent.

I’m taking the next step now, and I just ordered a set of UST Mamiya Dart V 105 F4 shafts to install in this set. I am real excited to give them a good run. I think these may be quite successful for me.
Saw that on the Dart V thread. One would think it'll be a great combo. Can you walk me through why you chose the V's please instead of something else?

Saw that on the Dart V thread. One would think it'll be a great combo. Can you walk me through why you chose the V's please instead of something else?
I have a Dart in my current 4 iron that I use as a driving iron. I love it. I thought hard about going with the Darts again. I think it’s probably the right choice for me.

But the Dart V’s intrigue me. My favorite all time shaft was the Recoil 110 Prototypes I still have. They were also my most successful. I think the Dart V in the weight and flexes available match those most closely.

Plus, they look freakin’ awesome. All black is sweet. And I have never tried them, so why not?

I have a Dart in my current 4 iron that I use as a driving iron. I love it. I thought hard about going with the Darts again. I think it’s probably the right choice for me.

But the Dart V’s intrigue me. My favorite all time shaft was the Recoil 110 Prototypes I still have. They were also my most successful. I think the Dart V in the weight and flexes available match those most closely.

Plus, they look freakin’ awesome. All black is sweet. And I have never tried them, so why not?
Why not is a fantastic question. No reason why not to. They look great, the feeling based on the reviews is fantastic as are the results.

I was just wondering if the profile was something you were looking for specifically. I've understood the V's to be a bit lower launch/spin than Darts. But with the King Tours, that might be just the ticket.

Why not is a fantastic question. No reason why not to. They look great, the feeling based on the reviews is fantastic as are the results.

I was just wondering if the profile was something you were looking for specifically. I've understood the V's to be a bit lower launch/spin than Darts. But with the King Tours, that might be just the ticket.
That’s true. The combos that fellow THPers have used and reviewed makes me think it will be a great combo.

That’s true. The combos that fellow THPers have used and reviewed makes me think it will be a great combo.
I just got the Recoil Darts put in my Tours but cant get a decent weekend of weather to try them. I'm excited to give them a go tho.

King Tours and recoil dart or dart V combo have found pretty good success for a number of folks around here. I went recoil dart to get a little higher launch and spin vs dart V.
I go down to 5i in the King Tour and I may hit that one better/ more consistently than my 9i and have had no issues holding greens.
I will continue to spread the word on these because I want to get them out from under the radar.

The way you guys keep talking about the foregiveness in these…

What do you all attribute it to?

In my case with the CBs it is elite ball striking.

Design. After spending a weekend having with Yags, definitely by design. Low weight, big sweet spot, mass in a smart place.

Design. After spending a weekend having with Yags, definitely by design. Low weight, big sweet spot, mass in a smart place.
Did you get any details you can share? I don’t want this to come off wrong, but seems like it’s a 5x forged head with a pocket milled out. Is the pocket milled wider? Wider sole brings CG down so more playable? Looking for details beyond just a milled out chunk as that’s been down to various degrees if that makes sense

I have a 4-pw set of king tours sitting in my garage by the sim for the last couple of months and I can’t hit them. I take them out of the bag every once and awhile to admire them and the are beauties. Wish I could even swing a little bit LH without hurting myself or wrecking something in shop

Did you get any details you can share? I don’t want this to come off wrong, but seems like it’s a 5x forged head with a pocket milled out. Is the pocket milled wider? Wider sole brings CG down so more playable? Looking for details beyond just a milled out chunk as that’s been down to various degrees if that makes sense
I don’t know anything specific to those irons, or any inside information. I’m just basing that on the general conversations I had while at the Morgan Cup. I have loved them though, and hit them really well. I was surprised how well I was able to hit them based upon how small the profile is.

Definitely short heel to toe that gives them a compact look from address but the sole has a little width to them. @BigDill are they going to your set for 2024?

Definitely short heel to toe that gives them a compact look from address but the sole has a little width to them. @BigDill are they going to your set for 2024?
I think so. Certainly to the middle of the year. Unless something totally blows me out of the water, I think they will last a while in that spot.

Reactions: MH
I think so. Certainly to the middle of the year. Unless something totally blows me out of the water, I think they will last a while in that spot.
Right now this is only 1 of 2 sets that could potentially pull me away from the 723 pro irons at some point this summer.

No specific design/engineering conversations on my end either. I am going to follow up with Jos and Yags this year because I too really want to know how they did this. I will attribute to magic for now.

I think the sole width is surprising for how compact it looks at address. There are a number if comparison photos throughout the thread but I remember this one specifically.

Post in thread '2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons'
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...ng-tour-mb-and-cb-irons.8948300/post-11419976

No specific design/engineering conversations on my end either. I am going to follow up with Jos and Yags this year because I too really want to know how they did this. I will attribute to magic for now.

I think the sole width is surprising for how compact it looks at address. There are a number if comparison photos throughout the thread but I remember this one specifically.

Post in thread '2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons'
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...ng-tour-mb-and-cb-irons.8948300/post-11419976
Yeah, I recall seeing that photo. Im just really curious about them in terms of the forgiveness everyone talks about relative to their size

Yeah, I recall seeing that photo. Im just really curious about them in terms of the forgiveness everyone talks about relative to their size
For me the biggest hurdle is me and my contact. I can live on quite a large area of the face on irons. But I felt with these, albeit a limited exposure, that when I caught it even decently, they were flying on a nice arc.

For me the biggest hurdle is me and my contact. I can live on quite a large area of the face on irons. But I felt with these, albeit a limited exposure, that when I caught it even decently, they were flying on a nice arc.
Thanks. I fight the same struggle in exploring the face. But these kill it in terms of look and feel, so hearing the playability piece gets my attention. I appreciate you all sharing.

Thanks. I fight the same struggle in exploring the face. But these kill it in terms of look and feel, so hearing the playability piece gets my attention. I appreciate you all sharing.
Before I hit them, I was firmly of the opinion that these would be beyond be. Not any more. I'll need to get some serious time with them in a fitting, but right now I'm thinking about gaming 7-GW in King Tours and supported by a DS 6i.

Before I hit them, I was firmly of the opinion that these would be beyond be. Not any more. I'll need to get some serious time with them in a fitting, but right now I'm thinking about gaming 7-GW in King Tours and supported by a DS 6i.
The 6 is easier than you think to hit. I would consider going 6-GW and then supporting it with a hybrid at the top. Just my .02. I love the GW in this set. It’s a weapon.

Back