2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons

These are in the back of my mind but I feel like I want to give forgiveness a try
Just a reminder that if it’s the King Tours that you have in the back of your mind, they pack ALOT of forgiveness in them. I test that aspect six ways to Sunday.

Can’t speak to the CB’s but I think those would surprise you as well in the forgiveness category.

Just a reminder that if it’s the King Tours that you have in the back of your mind, they pack ALOT of forgiveness in them. I test that aspect six ways to Sunday.

Can’t speak to the CB’s but I think those would surprise you as well in the forgiveness category.

CB are surprisingly forgiving

they have been on my mind a lot lately.

I’ve been pondering new irons for a bit and keep coming back to the King Tours at the top of the contenders list (I really like the CB’s too.) I’m currently playing i200’s and bounce around between 11 and 15 index mainly due to lack of play.

I think it’s time to bite the bullet and go for a fitting to see if I can put the King Tour in the bag…. Just love reading the positive reviews on these irons.

I’ve been pondering new irons for a bit and keep coming back to the King Tours at the top of the contenders list (I really like the CB’s too.) I’m currently playing i200’s and bounce around between 11 and 15 index mainly due to lack of play.

I think it’s time to bite the bullet and go for a fitting to see if I can put the King Tour in the bag…. Just love reading the positive reviews on these irons.
I had i230s tours are just as forgiving in a much better looking profile.

Got to swing the King Tours yesterday for the first time in weeks, albeit in a sim environment but these are so much fun still. I’m convinced this is the best ”players” iron Cobra has produced

As I continue to use the CB's I am amazed at just how good these irons are. I would of never thought I could fit into these but they are so easy to hit and really has made me a more confident golfer. I may not be any better but I certainly feel like I should be. :ROFLMAO:

These look good at address.

IMG_7916.jpeg

Watched a video on YouTube and picked up some tips on how to hit the ball lower and how to take some of the hook out of iron swings. I went to the range to see if I can get the feel of the new swing ideas into play. Well I will tell you the CB's are very responsive to change. :ROFLMAO:

I could fly the ball lower, for me, and not pull the crap out of it when I did it. I also was able to control the right to left spin. I then also able to cut the ball again as the fade has not been fading for awhile. The CB's gave me all the feedback I could ask for and good swings were rewarded with great results. It is so nice to get a club that is this workable and the knowledge to know when the flight will come.

I then started to think about the Morgan Cup bag and would I put the set GW in again if I was lucky enough to be selected again so I played around with the CB GW to see what I could do with it. Flop....check. Low pitch....check. Full swing draw...check. Full swing fade....check. Choke down chip....check. Everything I tried with the GW was like I was hitting a specialty wedge. It was a lot of fun.

These are just so overlooked and shouldn’t be

IMG_2210.jpeg
IMG_2212.jpeg
IMG_2216.jpeg

Maybe the best iron released last year..
Yet despite our efforts here they are still overlooked. Rickie has the tours in the bag still, not the CB or MB...the tours, that should tell you a little something about how good they are

Yet despite our efforts here they are still overlooked. Rickie has the tours in the bag still, not the CB or MB...the tours, that should tell you a little something about how good they are
Oh.. I know. They lack nothing.

I really wish the tours didn't have the badge in the cavity. I'm sure it contributes to feel, but the TPU insert with the cavity of the CB would be the perfect iron. If I had money to burn I would buy a single iron and try removing the badge just to see if it made a difference.

More people need to know. MUST YELL LOUDER!
Something that is special about these irons…Ricky, on one end of the spectrum, then on the total opposite end of the spectrum is a high capper like me. There is a ginormous swath of golfer in between that can game these and would absolutely love them.

I distinctly remember seeing the King Tour photos right after the release last year. Absolutely LOVED the look of them but thought they would not be for me based on the type of player they are geared toward. Never thought about them again and quite frankly never would have. Having been so fortunate to been a part of the Morgan Cup allowed me to actually give these a go. Even then then there was quite a bit of hesitation as I still thought that there no way I should be playing these. As said many times before, so so underrated. Yet so playable. I dont think they will disappoint if you give em a chance.

Ok, I was wrong. I have loved the looks of these since they were released, but didn't feel like there was any way they fit my game. I was wrong. I was able to hit both the King Tour and Darkspeed irons (both with KBS TGI 75g) today and came away shocked with the results. While I hit the Darkspeed very well, I hit the Tour even better.

Avg ball speed:
Darkspeed - 112
King Tour - 110

Avg carry (7i):
Darkspeed - 162
King Tour - 155

Avg backspin:
Darkspeed - 4500
King Tour - 5520

Avg launch angle:
Darkspeed - 16.9
King Tour - 20.2

Avg offline (dispersion):
Darkspeed - 7.4 yds
King Tour - 1.5 yds

Avg descent angle:
Darkspeed - 41.7
King Tour - 46.3

I feel like I could confidently game either set, but these King Tour were so extremely good. They were so much more forgiving and easy to hit than I'd ever imagined. I expected to lose more distance from the Darkspeed, but was pleasently surprised with how well these launched. So, so good! Buttery, forgiving, and aesthetically my speed! Ricky Fowler's level, I am NOT, but I truly believe these irons would shock folks if given then chance!

Ok, I was wrong. I have loved the looks of these since they were released, but didn't feel like there was any way they fit my game. I was wrong. I was able to hit both the King Tour and Darkspeed irons (both with KBS TGI 75g) today and came away shocked with the results. While I hit the Darkspeed very well, I hit the Tour even better.

Avg ball speed:
Darkspeed - 112
King Tour - 110

Avg carry (7i):
Darkspeed - 162
King Tour - 155

Avg backspin:
Darkspeed - 4500
King Tour - 5520

Avg launch angle:
Darkspeed - 16.9
King Tour - 20.2

Avg offline (dispersion):
Darkspeed - 7.4 yds
King Tour - 1.5 yds

Avg descent angle:
Darkspeed - 41.7
King Tour - 46.3

I feel like I could confidently game either set, but these King Tour were so extremely good. They were so much more forgiving and easy to hit than I'd ever imagined. I expected to lose more distance from the Darkspeed, but was pleasently surprised with how well these launched. So, so good! Buttery, forgiving, and aesthetically my speed! Ricky Fowler's level, I am NOT, but I truly believe these irons would shock folks if given then chance!
I was in Forged Tecs (2020) and thought I would just transition into the King Tours. When I went for a fitting the Tours were great but I was shocked at how much easier it was for me to hit the CB's than the Tours. Everyone will go into fittings with preconceived notions but allowing your mind to be changed is what it is all about.

I was in Forged Tecs (2020) and thought I would just transition into the King Tours. When I went for a fitting the Tours were great but I was shocked at how much easier it was for me to hit the CB's than the Tours. Everyone will go into fittings with preconceived notions but allowing your mind to be changed is what it is all about.
That is true. Preconceived notions can really cause us to miss out. I never put a swing on the CB/MB, but would be so curious to swing the CB's just based on what you're saying. It's amazing how differently clubs can fit different people.

That is true. Preconceived notions can really cause us to miss out. I never put a swing on the CB/MB, but would be so curious to swing the CB's just based on what you're saying. It's amazing how differently clubs can fit different people.
I also swung the MB's and was hitting them well. I only allowed myself to graduate so far that day. While I was waiting for the order I kept asking myself if I had made a mistake. I picked them up from the pro shop and took them right to the range and was pleased at how well I hit them. They went right in the bag and into competitions.

This whole line is criminally underrated as is Cobra as a whole IMO. You don’t see a whole lot at them in the stores (at least I don’t). They are a great shape. Feel good and are very consistent irons.

STILL in the honeymoon phase with the King Tours. For an unbelievable early March outdoors round in Minnesota I had zero expectations for how I would play. I put some bad swings on the ball with these irons but was not severely punished. Right around the greens on alot of mishits. Now if the King Tours could mask my hosel rockets…
I flushed a couple 7irons that I really just had me smiling, just feel so good.

I still really really like the cbs

Back