2023 Galway Bay Rainwear Collection

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For the avid golfer, rain gear might be one of the most useful pieces in your closet. Yet for many, it is completely under thought of. Galway Bay hopes to change that thought process with unique items that not only work, but bring comfort to the waterproof section.

The vision for many of rain gear is that thick plasticky thing that looks more like a wrestler cutting weight by sweating than it does something that would allow the golf swing. It doesn’t have to be. While breathable and waterproof don’t exactly go together in the mind, they can be real to a degree and light weight doesn’t mean less protection. The new 2023 collection from Galway Bay brings the best of both worlds, so before getting to usage, let’s dive into the technical side a bit.

Continue reading...

Hopped over to the website to take a look. Very, very nice. Depending on where you live, the jackets could get a ton of use on and off the course.

As you mentioned in the article, the neck/chin taper is a great touch and looks good too.

I have on multiple occasions just about bought a pair of their all weather rain-proof pants because my Gortex set has pants that despite 100% waterproof are far from being tailored and bulky. It is just a big investment for me at this time given it is not like I will get 10-15 years out of them. I typically on average wear my rain suit 5X per season either when I get stuck mid round or on a guys trip or competition and have no option but to play.

I have heard for a few years the quality of the Galway Bay rain gear so maybe this will be the year I will take the plunge. Looking forward to hearing more.

Like that it isn't just black or grey and has a pattern and some color. Not a huge rain gear person as I try not to play in it but if I do need rain gear this will get a very serious look.

Galway Bay is based out of Atlanta, GA. They make good stuff. Highly rated.

There products are well made and durable. I’ve got a pair of their unlined pants. A pair of their zip off pants, now sadly discontinued. A short sleeve pullover and a full zip long sleeve jacket.

Occasionally they have clearance sales on their website of previous year models at close out prices.

I highly recommend their products.

If I played more in rain, or that Scottish dream trip, I’d buy Galway Bay. Friends who’ve been to Scotland swear by it.

This stuff looks pretty sleek for rainwear.

After dealing with some heavy rain this September I know I need something like this so I'm taking a chance on the short sleeve that's on sale.

Looks like really nice rainwear - Buy once and keep forever...

I will check these out later today on their website. I am always in the market for some good rain gear.

These items look great. Now I’m :unsure:ing.

Well, s**t. This thread just cost me money. Only took about 12 minutes of full on ponder mode. I even ponied up for 2 day shipping to make sure it gets here before I leave for my Bandon Dunes trip this weekend. There's a good price break on bundled gear, by the way, if you're looking. Jacket and pants together is $400, which is quite reasonable if the gear is good. I really love the idea of just wearing the pants as pants, and not something to pull over the top of my regular clothes. I went this route with some Goretex trousers last year, and it's definitely the way to go. Not only does it allow for a lot better movement, but it also keeps you from looking like an overstuffed burrito. Now I'll have some blue ones to go with my black Goretex ones.

Great write up! Definitely impressed by the looks compared to other rainwear. If I found myself in the market I would probably spend up based on this review

I have a pair of their unlined rain pants that I wear just as my regular pants not over my pants and I have been very happy with them. They keep nice and dry, are comfortable and I don’t over heat with them on.

Love it. This gives me a better option than my FJ waterproof parachute pants. Color choice seems solid, too.

Really really love the look of the pants. They make my bulky gore tex pants look like those really wide Mossimo jeans from the late 90's. Need to figure out if I can justify the price tag here as I don't need to wear "dress" pants at work any longer and these would really become a niche article of clothing for me.

Good looking stuff. Been pondering Galway all year but price keeps making me hesitate

Looks good for rain gear. I really like that they've tapered the collar so it isn't poking you in the chin.

Dang it. Wonder if they’ll dip into ladies soon? ☹️ I need some rain gear.

This stuff is FANTASTIC!

Looks like really well made stuff. Very high quality. But, at 70 years old and rarely playing in the rain, it's a no go for me.

This is the year I finally have to get a pair of their tailored pants. I am tired of wearing baggy, poor fitting pants… somehow I need to make it happen.

Oh my, I need some of this. I bought some cheap rain pants and just regretted it the first time I used them. This looks really good. Gonna have to spend some time on their site.

This is the year I finally have to get a pair of their tailored pants. I am tired of wearing baggy, poor fitting pants… somehow I need to make it happen.
Wearing the pants at Dormie Club last week in a heavy rain and i didn’t feel a drop and they look totally normal.

Wearing the pants at Dormie Club last week in a heavy rain and i didn’t feel a drop and they look totally normal.
Do you have the lined or just standard pants?

Do you have the lined or just standard pants?
I have the standard. I love the idea of lined, but I am not sure if they would get too warm in the FL weather. I figure I will add some longer under layer at some point to take it to another level in the cold rain when traveling.

Back