2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

Interesting results today . I went in kind of expecting a full set of T200's.

Even though my clubhead speed was around 77 mph, my best results were with the T100.

I've got a shallow angle of attack and present my clubface really neutrally at impact (as in I don't have much shaft lean). The sound of the strike was so much better, and ballspeed was higher than the T150. There's an argument that last year's T100s would have been a good fit.

U505 4 iron HZRDUS 80 6.0, T200 5 Iron, T100 6-pw Steelfiber i95S 2 degree strong

I went in with Steelfiber 95S in mind and that was the best fit. Project X IO R was decent but the extra weight was not my friend. Kbs Tour V R was OK, but was missing left.

Also a possible trial of the AVX balls as well to lower spin a touch from Pro V.

Even though my clubhead speed was around 77 mph, my best results were with the T100.

I've got a shallow angle of attack and present my clubface really neutrally at impact (as in I don't have much shaft lean). The sound of the strike was so much better, and ballspeed was higher than the T150. There's an argument that last year's T100s would have been a good fit.

U505 4 iron HZRDUS 80 6.0, T200 5 Iron, T100 6-pw Steelfiber i95S 2 degree strong

I went in with Steelfiber 95S in mind and that was the best fit. Project X IO R was decent but the extra weight was not my friend. Kbs Tour V R was OK, but was missing left.

Also a possible trial of the AVX balls as well to lower spin a touch from Pro V.
While I am anxiously awaiting my T150s to arrive, I continue to wonder whether I should hold onto my T100S irons. My swing is much like yours, shallow and neutral. I hit the T100S so solid, definitely better than my T200 5 and 6 irons, even taking into account that the T200s are longer irons.

While I am anxiously awaiting my T150s to arrive, I continue to wonder whether I should hold onto my T100S irons. My swing is much like yours, shallow and neutral. I hit the T100S so solid, definitely better than my T200 5 and 6 irons, even taking into account that the T200s are longer irons.
I was so surprised that I hit the T100 as much better as I did, it's not as if the T150 was chunky.

I half expect a T100s to launch half way through the product cycle.

Interesting set that you were fit into, but numbers don't lie. That's exciting!

Finished my data collection and put ANOTHER multi day tournament on the T100's so I've got a good thought for where things are, and thus have started digging in on writing my review of them.

I hit them really well, the biggest things for me are that 1) the smaller profile and weaker lofts fit me both visually and what I want distance wise and 2) the feel is right where I hoped this iteration would be in the CB's.

Next step is to reshaft, as the 1/2" short of what I play is the only real hiccup I have seen for me, plus bending the lie from standard a bit.

Ohhhh I love to see these irons pour in!

Pumped to read your experiences, gents.
I am breaking mine in for the first time tomorrow in my semi final match in club championship match play. I will give an update after. Probably not my smartest move but you know I am a little crazy

Playing on course for the first time today...playing TPC Las Colinas, will take some pics and copious notes on shots, as I am certain what my numbers are in the Lab (Simulator) but not on course, and will be great to have those down...Also have my year end tournament back in my home state first week of September, so trying to get all ready for that!!

Payed my first round with the T150’s today, was semi finals of match play and I won 3 and 1. I am in love with these irons. They are forgiving and workable. They are about 10 yards longer than my hogans were. I also love the Tensei AV2 blue shafts, it’s a nice set up!

I completely confused myself on what to order a few times now, shaft is nailed down though. 1st dilemma was where to split the set between the 150/200 and now the Callaway apex pros have entered the ring. I hit all 3 again last night after work and i really can't decide, the 150's and apex were so similar

Had my fitting for these last week or so. Was very interesting and didnt turn out how I expected. I was playing 2021 P790s and expected to be fit into some sort of T200 combo maybe into T350. Although I did really want to try the T150 and was hoping to maybe have the Titleist fitter suggest a T150/T200 combo.

I have known the fitter for a little bit, so he knows my game well enough and has seen me swing enough that we started with my older gamer shaft (Nippon Modus 105 Stiff). however he put me straight into the T100s and we did all the shaft options with the T100. Went through Nippon (felt familiar), KBS Tour Lite (felt great on smooth relaxed swings with easy launch, but anything stronger I lost the timing), PX LZ (Really liked and felt I had a better control over shot shape) and then what ended up being the optimal shaft for me which was the PX IO 6.0. The shaft just felt incredible and timing was so well perfect.

I then moved up to the T150 and after the T100 they didnt feel that much bigger, but my goodness did they feel easier to launch and hit. Was stupid impressed. We then hit the T200 which did seem bigger, not bad bigger, but bigger. Again stupid easy to launch and was really impressed with the feel as well. I dont know what I expected, but it wasnt that. Very impressed overall.

I did hit the T350 after and because I had been in the smaller ones for so long it looked huge. It wasnt, and would argue it was smaller than the P790, but was turned off by them at this point. I was getting good numbers out of the others so with everything hit and time up I asked him to write me up what he would fit me into... the answer floored me. T100 P-6 and T150 in 5 and 4.

While I liked them, I wasnt quite getting the distance numbers I wanted with the T100s. They would have been almost too short (reminding me of the Cobra Amp Cell Forged). So rather than placing the order I went home to ponder and wonder what to do. I think I have decided to go in a 3 way set. T100 P/G leading into T150 with irons 9-6 and T200 in 5 iron (I dont carry a 4 iron normally). Still debating on pulling the trigger, but these irons are that good... plus I did sell my P790s on the weekend and am back to my Sub70 659s which are great dont get me wrong, but do lack to forgiveness that was certainly here in the T series. Oh decisions decisions!

I was getting good numbers out of the others so with everything hit and time up I asked him to write me up what he would fit me into... the answer floored me. T100 P-6 and T150 in 5 and 4.

Out of curiosity, was the dispersion with the T100's not tight enough to lose some distance? I noticed that I lost distance when I was fitted into the T150/T200 combo but my dispersion was much tighter so it was still a go.

I've been hitting a few with the T200's and not sure I can say that they are necessarily softer feeling than the T300's. Could be I'm still adjusting to them and finding the center of the face consistently will take a little time because it is a little smaller than the T300's. Distance seems comparable when finding the sweet spot.

I miss having a 4i, definitely will have one in the bag with this set

I miss having a 4i, definitely will have one in the bag with this set

I am very excited to have a 4i in the bag again with the T200. I haven't gamed one since over 10 years ago...but based on fitting results I am definitely excited!!

First the Eye candy...TPC Las Colinas (being renamed, the Nelson golf and sports club) Course condition was excellent, and greens were in pretty good condition, had been micro punched within 2 weeks, and clearly there were a good number of people that werent fixing ball marks....

Beautiful course, incredible closing view, and worth the time to play it..

Nelson 18th.jpg

Today was day one of trying the T150's (7-GW), and T-200's (4-6) on course...Have already posted SIM data, and indoor feel, etc. and outdoor felt equally great, they are noticeably better through turf than my older AP2's...I relaly need to get real world dialed in on distances, especially missed shots...Missed shots is where these are MASSIVELY different numbers than my AP2's...

For instance, hole 17, 181 yard Par 3, downhill, Wind was at our back, so pulled 7 Iron, normally this number is VERY consistent for me, AP2's was right around 178 carry...know these were a little stronger lofts, but chocked up and tried to place a smooth swing on it, ended up catching it thing...expected it to go into water (I hit a Draw normally) as thin was going very straight and honeslty didnt even look, only to find my call back of green above the hole...

wont let me post image in here will post this in a second...

Here is hole 17, neat little hole...I totally mis hit and thinned the ball, and it sailed nicely right over the left edge of the water, landing on the green, and rolling to the back of the green...for this mishit with my AP2's I would have never stayed online, and would ahve been in the water (sadly seen that shot before :) )

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 8.21.28 AM.png

However, for the T-200 5 Iron, only had one opportunity to play it...was on the 15th...443 yard Par 4...had a Meh drive, left me 202 yards in...For me, normally my 5 iron is a carry about 200...ball was slightly above my feet, knew it would draw a little, and was a little uncertain of the distance, as the 5 Iron on Sim was carrying 205+, and great stopping...So, put my best version of a poor hit on it, and was a little toey, but shape was perfect, was pin high 15' left of flag...

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 8.27.13 AM.png

The forgiveness of these irons both in the T-150's and the T-200's is REAL, however they cannot fix my poor swings and poor play on a great course...

First the Eye candy...TPC Las Colinas (being renamed, the Nelson golf and sports club) Course condition was excellent, and greens were in pretty good condition, had been micro punched within 2 weeks, and clearly there were a good number of people that werent fixing ball marks....

Beautiful course, incredible closing view, and worth the time to play it..

View attachment 9201002

Today was day one of trying the T150's (7-GW), and T-200's (4-6) on course...Have already posted SIM data, and indoor feel, etc. and outdoor felt equally great, they are noticeably better through turf than my older AP2's...I relaly need to get real world dialed in on distances, especially missed shots...Missed shots is where these are MASSIVELY different numbers than my AP2's...

For instance, hole 17, 181 yard Par 3, downhill, Wind was at our back, so pulled 7 Iron, normally this number is VERY consistent for me, AP2's was right around 178 carry...know these were a little stronger lofts, but chocked up and tried to place a smooth swing on it, ended up catching it thing...expected it to go into water (I hit a Draw normally) as thin was going very straight and honeslty didnt even look, only to find my call back of green above the hole...

wont let me post image in here will post this in a second...
Beautiful course

Just looked at my bag and went from 6 to midnight

PXL_20230825_190818223.jpg

Brought home a couple of heads to help me decide which to order. Had a couple of sessions 2 hours apart and can’t decide. Wish I could hit outside off the turf to see which head works better. Both are beauties, slightly leaning T-150 but not sure, the sole of the t-150 looks to have less bounce? Need someone who has hit both of turf to chime inIMG_7761.jpegIMG_7760.jpegIMG_7764.jpeg

Last edited:
Love these irons

Attachments

• IMG_5001.jpeg
    IMG_5001.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 20
Out of curiosity, was the dispersion with the T100's not tight enough to lose some distance? I noticed that I lost distance when I was fitted into the T150/T200 combo but my dispersion was much tighter so it was still a go.

Dispersion was really close on all of them truthfully. Not too much in them one way or another. The T100 in the 7 iron for sure did not get the complete distance I wanted (again coming from P790 being a distance king) I dont mind giving up a little, but not a lot. That is why I liked the T150 in the 9-6 irons. Going T100 in PW and GW just allows for that slight bit of additional control and precision on what I consider scoring clubs. They would also be bent 1 strong to help with gapping. Same sort of idea for T200. It is because of where I use the club and how it is used. 5 iron is normally a get it up close to the green or placement tee shot so a little extra power there helps.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

Yesterday, I hit the new T200 5 iron for the second time on the course. The hole was a par 3 that kind of gives me the fits. It is a little uphill and plays around 200 yards. The green is huge and has all kinds of slope going in different directions, so it is very easy to three putt. I measured the flag at 204 yards and thought it might be a little much for my 5 iron, but I would have had to take something off my 4 hybrid and you don’t want to be above the hole, so I chose 5 iron. I took my swing and one of the players in our foursome said, “that is a laser!” I ended up 7 feet from the hole, about hole high and I was able to make the putt for birdie.

IMG_5860.png

Last edited:
After another day of testing between the apex pro and t-150 I have finally made my decision, and ended the constant back and forth mind games I was playing with myself. At the end of the day the t-150 was just a little bit more consistent for me, good for good they were so similar. Just got more good easier with the Titleist. Ordered 5/6 t-200 and 7-GW t-150 with px 5.5. Almost went with the 6.0’s as I have had success with them but wanted something just a bit softer. Hoping I have them before the end of September’s tournament

Back