NEWS 2024 Grandaddy Announcement

Mr. Finley videos from Briggs Ranch... there was way more going on at the Goat Cup than the golf action and it was fun!

December is only 9 months away :)
There was a reason he was wearing a Hideaway hoodie

Genuinely curious to the past Grandaddy members:

If going again, would you change how you prepped, what you concentrated on, and what you think/thought was important?
I do not think I would change how I prepared. I would however, be even more engaged in conversations. I talked a lot. but at times im a step back and absorb it all guy. My one "regret", it's in air quotes because it is not really a regret, was stepping back a little too much for the uniqueness of the experience.

Excited to follow this along! I’ve heard amazing things about the Grandaddy. Having an experienced captain seems like it may help the THPers. Experience about how this event is can go a long way!

If going again, would you change how you prepped, what you concentrated on, and what you think/thought was important?
Its funny looking back on my experience as a player and as AssCap both, what I thought was important may not exactly what I think is important this go around.

Its not important how internet golfer your bag ends up after fittings. Its important that you trust your fitting and trust your equipment to perform for you. Its not important how low your handicap is, its important that your handicap is a true representation of your game when it comes to playing courses that arent your home track.

Understanding the importance of what you represent as a team member is something that cant go without mentioning. You represent the thousands who will follow along the event thread and will most likely end up being the first consumers to talk to the public about the equipment you are playing. You have a responsibility to Callaway, your team and THP to talk about your gear. Its a unique responsibility because there's really no "perfect" way to do it but man there are definitely bad ways to do it.

Of course. GD21 was my first THP event. Mostly though, going into the Grandaddy you have an idea of the gravity of the event, but you really don’t know until it’s over.

Hell of an announcement! Definitely some mixed emotions with it though. Eliminating the AssCap is something I figured would happen at some point, but it’s hard because I now know first hand how important that role CAN be.

I know how much is on the captains plate. Being able to help him during the lead up in a supporting role with ideas on how to handle situations and team members and anything that came up, felt like it was useful. Knowing that either of us had support from the other when we made a decision or talked through one was big, instead of feeling like you’re going it alone.

it was hard as hell not being able to play last year though so this is a pretty damn cool opportunity for alumni! I’m excited (even though I won’t be going back in 24 😜) and can’t wait to see who it ends up being!

Overall, I’m truly quite honored to be the last one. Unless it’s leaving because of something I did 😅

If that's the case, it's because the bar would be set too high.
Yes. @Muchmore was like the smart kid in school and ruined the bell curve for everyone

Play more courses and Play a lot more match play. Find someone to compete against.

I think it's a great idea having the Captain be a past player since there will be no AssCap. Can't wait to see who that person is. 2024 is the year!!!!

Yes. @Muchmore was like the smart kid in school and ruined the bell curve for everyone
Or...he Set the Tone....and showed us all what it means to truly give it all for the Grandaddy, Callaway, and THP

Wow!!!!!! Crazy to see that someone will be returning to the event... This time with views through the captaincy

200.gif
& amazing as ever

I would learn to be quicker at posting live i can do it but i feel i could be better. Bringing the forum along is absolutely crucial and needs to be done quickly. The videos took a bit longer than i thought but i go them done. The Grandaddy flies by while you are there so i missed pic opportunities and i feel i didn't take enough. Prepping the golf game would not change. I would work on getting my swing to travel better and not be so nervous about it

That is really cool - what an exciting thing for the non-captain GD veterans!

Must be a pretty cool morning for former participants today. I know just about all of you have said you’d do anything to go back. Golden opportunity

Play more courses and Play a lot more match play. Find someone to compete against.
One former Captain's opinion ... those are the wrong types of things to think about. Playing great is something we all want to do but the event is about a lot more than just that. I respect that others may feel differently...just putting it out there though.

Great question - I don't think I'd change how I prepped the game. I think I'd spend more time with the team, more time with Callaway. More time with my cartner, to get to know them and get to bond a bit

One former Captain's opinion ... those are the wrong types of things to think about. Playing great is something we all want to do but the event is about a lot more than just that. I respect that others may feel differently...just putting it out there though.
I don't know. He's been. He knows. All alumni tell people that it's about way more than the golf. But I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to be comfortable in the format of the golf. EVERYONE has more fun when they are playing at least decently compared to playing like crap regardless of what the event is about.

If I get to go back and play as a player or a captain, I'd want to be better prepared for the golf too. We "know" what to expect and what the event is about. Wanting to go back and play good golf isn't that crazy to me

And this is coming from me who stressed ALLLLLLLLLLL year to the team any time they listened that it's not about the golf. But getting to go back and have a chance to play again is definitely something that I'd be preparing for

Every THPers should stop reading your post, right here!
And then do that.
especially with the sun tucking behind the mountains at like 4

Last time, what I thought was important initially, was being good at golf. It wasn't, well to a degree anyways.

The important part was posting, interacting, being quick on the updates (on course). Supporting people, accepting the support of others, and being ready to try anything.

Most of all, I think where I would want to improve most, is enjoying it. I took as much in as I could, but missed out on muchmore. More interaction with my team, more with Callaway, and more with THP.

I would say I would like to be more active in the live thread. I put my phone down for most of the bus rides and during the matches I did not post as frequently as others.
Also, seat swap a little more to talk to the different Callaway staff.

That is what I thought the question was about. Asking how we would prep.. Maybe I missed it. As far as the rest of the event goes.. I think it is about getting everyone to buy in and be willing to be tired and still involved and try to be the last one to bed.. I think that is where it is really won.. Be involved and go of someone says " hey lets..."..

At the grandaddy, you want to be the ultimate yes man..

I don't know. He's been. He knows. All alumni tell people that it's about way more than the golf. But I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to be comfortable in the format of the golf. EVERYONE has more fun when they are playing at least decently compared to playing like crap regardless of what the event is about.

If I get to go back and play as a player or a captain, I'd want to be better prepared for the golf too. We "know" what to expect and what the event is about. Wanting to go back and play good golf isn't that crazy to me
I agree with this, especially when it comes to the controllable. You cannot control how anyone on your team plays so not getting too upset over someone not playing well falls into that "more than golf" bucket for me. But your right. The most upset people I have seen there have been the ones who did not meet their own performance expectations on the course

Back