NEWS 2024 Grandaddy Announcement

I was explaining the Goat Cup to some guys at the local Dicks Sporting Goods the other day and then tried to put into words what the Grandaddy is.... the real thought I could gather is "a dream." I had to pull up the forum and show them it was real.

I was explaining the Goat Cup to some guys at the local Dicks Sporting Goods the other day and then tried to put into words what the Grandaddy is.... the real thought I could gather is "a dream." I had to pull up the forum and show them it was real.
It's hard to explain the Grandaddy in a way that people will actually believe you, it sounds too good to be true!

It is both, who will the captain look to for support and who on the team will step up to lead and be helpful.
It will take a couple of people on the team stepping up and taking some responsibilities off the captain to make it work.

It will take a couple of people on the team stepping up and taking some responsibilities off the captain to make it work.
Be on time for the bus! Lol

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

I thought a lot about this after reading some of the feedback from Goat Cup and every other THP event. I certainly have a strong opinion. I would not consider myself to be a FAST player but certainly am not slow and this comes through that lens. I also must acknowledge I am not someone on the forum during the round usually. So, my suggestion to everyone is learning how to balance the forum and moving. I probably spent 24 of the 27 holes standing on the tee waiting for my playing partners last week. That can't happen. I would say make sure you are ready to go at all times, should not be any moments where you can hit where people are not playing. If that means you post while I am hitting, fine, but be ready to go and go when it is your turn. There is a difference between having a slow routine and being slow. But, being both is a detriment to the field and everyone around us. Particularly at the Hideaway where we are guests out there and they normally play in 4 hours. Taking longer than that does not make our chances better of always being able to return - this does play a role in the event coming back and the ability for it to be at The Hideaway. So, always think about it this way - would you want to be part of the reason the event could not return to The Hideaway because I was not ready to go and played "slow".
This should just be pinned to the top of the experience threads.

I know of 2 so unless @JB has a big mouth it may be less
I didn’t even ask when we had a drink this week. I’m all in for it being a surprise when announced…not to mention asking would have received a swift no!

Loving all the latest insight being dropped in here

Genuinely curious to the past Grandaddy members:

If going again, would you change how you prepped, what you concentrated on, and what you think/thought was important?
I thought I was decent at live posting. I was wrong. The Grandaddy moves much quicker and you need to almost have live posting as easy as second nature.

And maybe I wouldn’t open up team chats while playing. As posting live in the chat doesn’t work very well. 😂

On the serious side, I do think anyone that is going their second time as Captain or just a team member is going to have a huge advantage in knowing how to prepare the team and what to do.

I thought I was decent at live posting. I was wrong. The Grandaddy moves much quicker and you need to almost have live posting as easy as second nature.

And maybe I wouldn’t open up team chats while playing. As posting live in the chat doesn’t work very well. 😂

On the serious side, I do think anyone that is going their second time as Captain or just a team member is going to have a huge advantage in knowing how to prepare the team and what to do.
But the hamster wrangling….😂 I kid.

You have good updates, but updating in a private message instead of the forum? 🤣🤣🤣

This thread keeps giving…

I got to thinking, If Finley really wanted to give THP a shot at winning this thing, he would bring back the 12 guys who, over the years, have the best records in the event. 🤷‍♀️

I got to thinking, If Finley really wanted to give THP a shot at winning this thing, he would bring back the 12 guys who, over the years, have the best records in the event. 🤷‍♀️
The Grandaddy is about the community overall.

While An all-star team would be interesting and possibly fun what happens when they lose …again. Haha

It would be the end of the Grandaddy because there would be nothing left and nobody wants that.

The Grandaddy is about the community overall.
Unquestionably! Though it is impossible given the size of the THP community, it would be great if every single member got to have this experience at some time. Unless you’ve been there, it is unimaginable, as you know! I was just commenting on his statement that bringing back one previous participant as Captain increases THP's chances of winning! I hope that is true.

Unquestionably! Though it is impossible given the size of the THP community, it would be great if every single member got to have this experience at some time. Unless you’ve been there, it is unimaginable, as you know! I was just commenting on his statement that bringing back one previous participant as Captain increases THP's chances of winning! I hope that is true.
I agree that everyone should experience it. That’s why it’s important who goes because there’s no way hundreds of thousands of people can physically attend. But everyone can read the updates and follow along and feel like they’re a part of team thp. Thus the importance around not just updating the thread but be engaging.

An experienced captain will help. A lot. And whoever that guy is, they’ll have the support of myself and (almost) every other AssCap and Captain that’s gone.

Who will this year's captain rely upon to help?

He can rely on all of us past participants for any kind of help. Who ever it might be, all they need to do is ask and I'm very sure anyone will be very happy to answer and assist with anything.

Back