2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

@echico this is the right thing to do and I have a ton of respect for Abreu with how he’s handling it

Unbelievably humble statement from Abreu. I hope he finds it again.

A bee swarm delays the Dodgers vs Diamondbacks game. Bees.

M's pitching is making me giddy. I think we're due to lose 1 to the Braves tomorrow, though.

M's pitching is making me giddy. I think we're due to lose 1 to the Braves tomorrow, though.
Just to expand on this, the M's starting pitchers have allowed 15 runs in their last 14 games. That's pretty neat.

Hopefully Shoto Christo can salvage a series win for CHI tonight. The gold glove infield has been shaky this year and it stung them last night.

I really hope this is the beginning of the Astros starting to turn it around.

I am enjoying all the unbridled Brewer hate on social media these days.

I am enjoying all the unbridled Brewer hate on social media these days.
I missed the brawl last night. I need to go see the dust up.

how do so many of these dudes in baseball spend a decade plus in the US and never bother to learn English?

That's so weird to me.
I've always thought that was interesting too. Seems like most the NHL guys speak English? Seems like with their media obligations it would be much easier.

I wonder what the percentages of first language for MLB players is?

They are trying to act like the Clint Hurdle era Pirates.
I just saw it and immediately thought of this

Big Brother Fight GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

So, here is a dumb rule.

Perez just got hit by a pitch during him swinging (in the hands). The first base umpire said he didn't go but he was DEFINITELY through the zone. They are about to review the hit by pitch (was not called), but they can't confirm the swing through that they can CLEARLY see while confirming he was hit in the hand.

So effing stupid.

So, here is a dumb rule.

Perez just got hit by a pitch during him swinging (in the hands). The first base umpire said he didn't go but he was DEFINITELY through the zone. They are about to review the hit by pitch (was not called), but they can't confirm the swing through that they can CLEARLY see while confirming he was hit in the hand.

So effing stupid.
Will never understand why every sport overcomplicates reviews.

Will never understand why every sport overcomplicates reviews.
I don't mind them reviewing it, but the rule should be that you can't initiate a review on a check swing.

if they confirm during the review of something else that he did go, it should be confirmed as such.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
Back