2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

I honestly would love a Noot Jersey - but at some point how many jerseys does a grown man need.

I know JB would say Zero - but I like to wear them
I mean his name is Lars. You need one.

As long as they are signed and hung all of them. Now that you are going to be small market, enjoy buying them and Lebronning them later when the Dodgers and Yankees sign your talent
they signed a FA starter for more money than Snell and Monty. Crazy right?

they signed a FA starter for more money than Snell and Monty. Crazy right?
It is crazy.
Especially because they are one of the teams wrecked by TV deal.

I think the cardinals have missed a golden opportunity not selling a candy bar at the games called the Nootbaar
instant revenue

I think the cardinals have missed a golden opportunity not selling a candy bar at the games called the Nootbaar
This is a travesty that they aren’t doing this there.

Day off today ✅
Raining all day ✅
Going to do absolutely nothing and watch mlb all day ✅

@echico I have a couple and these are great quality. Keep you eyes out

I have very high hopes for the Phillies this year. A healthy Harper is huge for us. We do need things to drop right in the pitching department. Besides Wheeler and Nola, the Phils don't have much else. We need Ranger to have a good year for sure and maybe make a deal on a trade.
Ranger is very underrated. I hope Sanchez can continue his quality starts. Mick should get a callup this year. Painter will be fully healthy next season. I think were solid on the mound for starters. Bullpen is a different story.....think we got a 3 year window to get it done with this group.

There is a Burger moment in here @JB that you will love I think.

Ranger is very underrated. I hope Sanchez can continue his quality starts. Mick should get a callup this year. Painter will be fully healthy next season. I think were solid on the mound for starters. Bullpen is a different story.....think we got a 3 year window to get it done with this group.
I think Sanchez could have a breakout season, we'll have to agree to disagree on Ranger, hopefully it works out like it did for Alvarado last year. Repping today even though they aren't playing.

IMG_3693.jpeg

Would've been nicer if PHI was in Atlanta and the NYM in Milwaukee. I'm not familiar w/ how schedule is done but assume that wasn't poss?
Mind boggling to me that when you start this early you don't plan for all of the elements.

so Franco is on Administrative Leave until June 1. Allows for some flexibility depending on the case.

Only a few hours until I can declare the Reds season a failure of disappointment like I normally do.

Mind boggling to me that when you start this early you don't plan for all of the elements.
To be fair, it can rain anywhere, which I believe is the problem in Philly, but when there is a warm weather team playing a cold weather team on opening day, having it at the cold weather stadium makes no sense to me.

Only a few hours until I can declare the Reds season a failure of disappointment like I normally do.
Should be a fun young offense again. How's the pitching staff after Greene? I was shocked to hear Montas was starting game one, maybe he'll have a big bounce back?

To be fair, it can rain anywhere, which I believe is the problem in Philly, but when there is a warm weather team playing a cold weather team on opening day, having it at the cold weather stadium makes no sense to me.
Yeah I'm just being salty because I was amped up for this opening day and my team won't play now. But it just seems like they could be better at adjusting this, but oh well.

so Franco is on Administrative Leave until June 1. Allows for some flexibility depending on the case.

Kind of odd that he is still getting paid and technically still in the league, right?

that division is open. They are young that's for sure and lack some veteran leadership. Could be a fun season.

Yeah I'm just being salty because I was amped up for this opening day and my team won't play now. But it just seems like they could be better at adjusting this, but oh well.
Also opening day might be the only time I can be excited about the Brewers chances. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Bus

Its still so strange to me how little is out there on this.
Paid leave is fine for this year. It becomes a battle for next.
My gut says come June 1st, we still have no answers.

Kind of odd that he is still getting paid and technically still in the league, right?
the entire story has been strange. One thing for sure, nobody wants a diddler playing SS. Although I'm told the Dodgers need one. Not a diddler, but a SS.

Back