Tour Event 2024 Sony Open in Hawaii

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From Waialae Country Club
Last Year's Winner was Si Woo Kim

Tough break for some new Tour members who were told they would be in the field.

Even more bad luck with those trying to qualifying having really bad weather and high winds during the Monday Qualifier.

Have always enjoyed watching this event. I think it’s because it is in Hawaii while I am in the middle of winter. And I like the course, a 1927 Seth Raynor design.

Tough break for some new Tour members who were told they would be in the field.

Bummer for the players and frustrating that for a lot of the guys this will be their introduction to the top level tour.

Bummer for the players and frustrating that for a lot of the guys this will be their introduction to the top level tour.
Just to add insult to injury, they got rained out today and weren't able to finish. People are going to have to change travel plans and scramble for lodging.

I don’t see JT in the field. For a guy that couldn’t scrape top 70 points last year, you’d think he be taking every chance he could get.

Just to add insult to injury, they got rained out today and weren't able to finish. People are going to have to change travel plans and scramble for lodging.
My nephew was in the qualifier. He shot 5 under in the pre-qualifier to make it in. He finished his qualifier round because he went out early, but won't make the top 4. Four players shot 6 under and 5 under, but might even go lower because there is a lot of pretty known PGA player names in that qualifier.

Last edited:
Has Monahan been fired yet?
What's the hold up?

I don’t see JT in the field. For a guy that couldn’t scrape top 70 points last year, you’d think he be taking every chance he could get.
He strikes me as a guy that thinks it will just be given to him.

I’m actually eager to watch a bit of this one

Has Monahan been fired yet?
What's the hold up?
It's baffling they hitched their wagon to this guy.

The players board "unanimously" voted for Jay to handle all negotiates so the board is okay with him.

Good to see Willy Z back in an official event but this is the problem with limited field events it makes these tournaments look like the JV team.

Dubai Invitational with Rory may be a good watch this weekend.

I'm watching to see Woodland and hope he can win this thing and complete the comeback.

Love watching this one every year. Generally getting to see a large crop of the new guys trying to jump start the season......not so much this year

I'll be watching mostly football.
Maybe a little golf in the evening.
I don't know why, but this tourney never really grabs my attention.
I do like the Aloha swag that all the OEM's put out every year though!

He strikes me as a guy that thinks it will just be given to him.
Interesting as I was thinking the same thing during the fall. If JT was in some of those end tourneys he might have moved up some spots. But then again, at lease for this year and maybe a few more- if JT asks for a tournament exemption which tournament is going to refuse since he still draws a crowd.

I might catch some. I haven’t hardly watched any events lately.

Last edited:
I'm watching to see Woodland and hope he can win this thing and complete the comeback.
I think Woodland will be an interesting watch early this season as well. I'm hoping he can come back to more than what he's been the last couple years.

Has anyone here played the course? What did you think about it?

Love watching this one every year. Generally getting to see a large crop of the new guys trying to jump start the season......not so much this year
I think I saw somewhere that 13 of the 30 KFT graduates ended up in the tourney. Not great I agree, but I thinks it’s more a sign that there are too many cards out there at the top level.

I wonder how many OWGR points this tournament is getting.

Back