2024 Srixon Q Star Tour and Q Star Tour Divide Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Though it seems like we have limitless options in 2023, it’s easy to forget there was a glaring hole in the golf ball market back when Srixon first introduced the Q Star (and eventually, Q Star Tour). With some exceptions, it seemed like most major brands offered a low-end ball and a high-end line, but there wasn’t much available in the middle. The Q Star was designed to offer a slightly more premium experience for customers not possessing the skill or swing speed to best utilize a Tour-level golf ball. Since that time, the line has evolved, most notably into the Q Star Tour, which offers many of the same features as the venerated Z Star with a softer feel and lower price point. 2024’s version of the Q Star Tour, the line’s fifth generation, continues this well-received tradition and builds on it with some design changes.

Continue reading...

Played this quite a bit, including at the Srixon event at Briggs Ranch we hosted with THPers and they all got to put them in play with their new equipment early. This to me was much more of an evolution than expected. Quite different than in years past. Its firmer, faster and performed significantly better for me personally.

The QST often gets lost in the shuffle when discussing premium golf balls and I think you can make the case using the phrase pound for pound right now that it will make a lot of golfers happy.

Thanks for the stats, always been a fan of the Divides and look forward to giving the QST a go.

Receiving these early was such a nice surprise at the Srixon Experience. The Q Star Tour was already my ball of choice as it is the perfect ball w/ my swing speed. Love the Divide line and they will be my ball of choice for a long time. Price point is fantastic as they perform like a $55/doz ball.

Great article, love hearing that this is the ball you guys got to try out at the Srixon Experience, can't wait to hear more from that group about these balls now. I love the divide concept, it's interesting that Srixon isn't using the "spin skin" on these and instead going a matte finish I wonder what the difference in spin between the divides and regular q-star tours is.

Love the qst it’s been my go to. Can’t wait to see what the new edition feels like.

QST was one of the balls I tested when looking for a gamer last year. Loved the feel, but lost too much from the tee. Gave them to my dad who loved them.

Will need to give the new ones a fresh look.

Great review Ryan! It seems like 2024 will have a lot of options for golfers out there from a ball perspective. It has been quite some time since I’ve put a Srixon ball in play. I may need to pick up a sleeve to do some testing with. Great price point.

Is the Orange/Yellow version of the Divide new?

Good write up @Hawk

The thousand layers with each increasingly softer from the middle sounds interesting. Is that just how solid core golf balls are made or is that something they are doing exclusively here? It sounds intricate.

Probably my favorite ball from Srixon is the Q-Star Tour. I have plenty of the yellow and divides in my inventory. Will pick up the new ones when I am depleted.

Big fan of QST! Well written @Hawk! The fast layer core is very interesting. That would be fun to watch manufacturered.

QST lb for lb is probably the most underrated golf ball. While I personally don’t know how this one performs. If it performs as good or better than the last 4 generations. It definitely needs a look for many to go in the bag. Solid ball!

Good write up @Hawk

The thousand layers with each increasingly softer from the middle sounds interesting. Is that just how solid core golf balls are made or is that something they are doing exclusively here? It sounds intricate.

That was a question of mine too. And then how do they do it?!

The Q-Star Tour has been my go to golf ball for several years now and the Divide being my go to since its release. At $32.99 and $34.99, they were always the best bang for your buck offering. I’m glad to see Srixon continue to innovate.
I was hoping to see more color combinations for the divide and maybe a non-matte finish, so that is a little disappointing. My only criticism of the divide was how fast they got dirty.
In 2024, I think I’m going to do some golf ball testing. With the new $39.99 price tag, that puts them inline with the TM Tour Response Stripe and the Wilson Triad.

Definitely held up to the driver a little better which was always the biggest concern with the past QSTs.

Still pretty low spin overall.

Played it alongside the prior QST a bit in SA and while still soft overall, noticeably firmer.

I could play it all year and be pretty happy.

Love the qst it’s been my go to. Can’t wait to see what the new edition feels like.
Saw you mention that recently and have been excited for you to see the new ones. I think you're going to really like it.

Great article, love hearing that this is the ball you guys got to try out at the Srixon Experience, can't wait to hear more from that group about these balls now. I love the divide concept, it's interesting that Srixon isn't using the "spin skin" on these and instead going a matte finish I wonder what the difference in spin between the divides and regular q-star tours is.
I wish I could have got that done, but had a very limited number of Divides and foolishly lost my last one before I hit the monitor with it.

Great review Ryan! It seems like 2024 will have a lot of options for golfers out there from a ball perspective. It has been quite some time since I’ve put a Srixon ball in play. I may need to pick up a sleeve to do some testing with. Great price point.

Edit: I believe so.

Last edited:
Good write up @Hawk

Sorry, I don't really know about the manufacturing process. I doubt they are laying layer after layer, though I can understand how it might read that way. I'm thinking layers of firmness. I dunno really lol. Probably the most important takeaway in my opinion is just that it's a little firmer and quicker than before, which was a common complaint about previous versions (too soft/slow).

I thought the orange yellow was new but now hawk has me questioning.

Definitely held up to the driver a little better which was always the biggest concern with the past QSTs.

Still pretty low spin overall.

Played it alongside the prior QST a bit in SA and while still soft overall, noticeably firmer.

I could play it all year and be pretty happy.
I still think you and I are awesome for knowing the core was firmer before we knew the core was firmer.

I think your last line is most telling to me. This really isn't a ball for a player with your speed, so the fact you would/could play it at all is worth mentioning.

The orange/yellow version is not new. I played them for quite a while 2 years ago and from a visual perspective they were the easiest to spot on the ground no mayter which side landed up. The half red or half blue version were tougher visually to locate on the ground.

Glad to see a refresh on these! Not the ball for me as in the past it has felt like a marshmallow, but I don't think this ball is intended for me (audience wise), but I now A LOT of peeps that like this ball, so cool to see the refresh for them.

I thought the orange yellow was new but now hawk has me questioning.
Dang it. I think you are right. My bad.

Edit. Lmao. We need an official ruling here.

Back