LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2024 THP Staff Retreat - Join Us Virtually

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hawk saw my Shot Scope Data ⬇️, and mentioned that it might be a good idea to ditch my 5 iron and get a 5 hybrid.
View attachment 9258467

We discussed at Briggs, and then @MWard and I played let’s built one at the Airport bar (Got a shaft recommendation from Danny), and I have it in my cart. That’s where we are.
Why hasn't the buy button been clicked?

@Hawk saw my Shot Scope Data ⬇️, and mentioned that it might be a good idea to ditch my 5 iron and get a 5 hybrid.
View attachment 9258467

We discussed at Briggs, and then @MWard and I played let’s built one at the Airport bar (Got a shaft recommendation from Danny), and I have it in my cart. That’s where we are.
Do it. Ditching my 5 iron was a good move for me.

Would you guys say the short game practice area is similar to the course conditions?

I thought the course lies played a bit firmer. Everything else, yes.

View attachment 9258467

It only makes sense. I’ve done that for 10ish years. I just put a 5i back in the bag out of curiosity, but won’t be shocked to see a 5h back at some point.

View attachment 9258467

Looks like you could lose the 4i too, it's gapping between your 6i and 7i.

A 5h plays about a club longer than a 5i for me, it replaces what would be the 4i slot in my bag.

I thought the course lies played a bit firmer. Everything else, yes.
Agreed. Short game area lead to taming some weird divots. Course was scrape city

It only makes sense. I’ve done that for 10ish years. I just put a 5i back in the bag out of curiosity, but won’t be shocked to see a 5h back at some point.
It was a topic of conversation and I need to put my pride aside and get a more consistent club in that spot.

Looks like you could lose the 4i too, it's gapping between your 6i and 7i.

A 5h plays about a club longer than a 5i for me, it replaces what would be the 4i slot in my bag.
The 4 iron is a UT that I put in the bag and took it out after poor results, put the 21° hybrid back in.

It was a topic of conversation and I need to put my pride aside and get a more consistent club in that spot.
Yes sir. It’s a conversation I’ve had plenty with myself. I used an OG apex hybrid for a long time. Loved the shape and hit the number I needed.

That’s what caused the build debate, need something to carry 180-185 yards. We went back and forth on how to build it and decided that it needed to be adjustable and probably play the shaft like a 1/4 inch short.

You'll have to cut my hand off for me to get rid of my U85s, my Son on the other hand who tends to thin his Long Irons love my old TM 5 and 3 Hybrids. Hybrids are a great equalizer.

Charging iPad and diving deep on some THP experiences this and the live thread tonight.

I’m very agile and nimble, I’m difficult to run over. I’m basically a cat.

jane seymour call me kitty cat GIF
Carrie Brownstein Television GIF

Had everyone played Briggs previously? What were the favorite holes for everyone?
I somehow missed this in all the fun! This was my first Dormie course, so the bar is now set at Briggs Ranch as #1.

I enjoyed 13, granted I think I only played well one time. The green is pretty wild, and you can use some of those slopes to funnel a shot a lot closer to the hole location if you are out of position or in between yardages etc.

That being said, the Wednesday pin? I missed above the green up on the collar. Caddie and I tried something and it did not work, and I wound up about 40yds off the putting surface. Oops.

I somehow missed this in all the fun! This was my first Dormie course, so the bar is now set at Briggs Ranch as #1.

I enjoyed 13, granted I think I only played well one time. The green is pretty wild, and you can use some of those slopes to funnel a shot a lot closer to the hole location if you are out of position or in between yardages etc.

That being said, the Wednesday pin? I missed above the green up on the collar. Caddie and I tried something and it did not work, and I wound up about 40yds off the putting surface. Oops.
With that pin I was so sad I missed my birdie look. Good drive, crappy 5 iron, great pitch that just died over that slope. Would have been fantastic. Sadly I had to wait some dude who putted from the green and had a 30 yard shot coming back haha.

That location was BRUTAL. Fun hole though.

With that pin I was so sad I missed my birdie look. Good drive, crappy 5 iron, great pitch that just died over that slope. Would have been fantastic. Sadly I had to wait some dude who putted from the green and had a 30 yard shot coming back haha.

That location was BRUTAL. Fun hole though.
You mean waiting on someone to catch up to the rest of the play is brutal? ….. No kidding…

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

This week was your first Dormie course ?

View attachment 9258467

This has since been ordered right? Dump both those irons and pop that hybrid in my man!

Fantastic thread and thank you for the follow behind the scenes. Such a cool group of guys. Well deserved retreat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back