Tour Event 2024 WM Phoenix Open

Good Putt Taylor

Class act, Charlie. Well done.

Solid win for Taylor. Wow

Pretty impressive to birdie 18 three times in a row to win.

Class act, Charlie. Well done.
The 47 year old fall short. At least he was beaten and didn’t give it away.

Three birdies on 18 in consecutive fashion, regulation and playoff, is incredible.
Especially when none of those putts were gimmes!

Taylorwon it. Was routing for Charlie. Nice playing by both.

Taylorwon it. Was routing for Charlie. Nice playing by both.
I was hoping Charley would win it too, but props to Taylor. That was a gutsy hard fought win.

Great win for Taylor. Played solid in the playoff.

Does Hoffman get free dump fees from WM?

Nice win for Nick Taylor!! 🇨🇦

Well played Taylor.

I'd have been more than happy with either Hoffman or Taylor winning.

Taylor's putting was outstanding though, off the tee he struggled but made up for it on the greens.

Scheffler's dart on 16 though...🎯🔥

Darn it!

I watched up until Hoffman was on 17 and it looked like he had the tournament locked up.

I switched to the Super Bowl kickoff, thinking I would read about Hoffman's victory the next day, only to find out that Taylor's putter got hot, and he won the tournament in a playoff.

Arrrggghhhh!

Did any of you go to see it in person? It's starting to look like they may have to do something related to the spectators. It's looking a bit more like a college party vs. a golf tournament on TV and if the clips you see on youtube/FB/Instagram, etc. Just wondering what it's like on the grounds vs. what they show you on TV.

Also, saw a fair amount of clips of what appeared to be 30-40 plus year olds face down drunk? I learned to monitor my alcohol intake as an adult and haven't been face down drunk since my early 20's (and I don't see that behavior out of anyone I hang out with). Maybe the people I've always hung around with are just the exception?

Man I am so sad for Hoffman on this one. I thought he had that thing locked up. I will be bummed out for a couple days.

Did any of you go to see it in person? It's starting to look like they may have to do something related to the spectators. It's looking a bit more like a college party vs. a golf tournament on TV and if the clips you see on youtube/FB/Instagram, etc. Just wondering what it's like on the grounds vs. what they show you on TV.

Also, saw a fair amount of clips of what appeared to be 30-40 plus year olds face down drunk? I learned to monitor my alcohol intake as an adult and haven't been face down drunk since my early 20's (and I don't see that behavior out of anyone I hang out with). Maybe the people I've always hung around with are just the exception?
Was there on Friday and didn't see anything crazy had a great time watching the golf. If i go next year will go on Thursday.

Some of what I heard is that people with Friday tickets were allowed to come in on Saturday because of the rain. That was a big issue because way too many people were on site so they had to turn people away with valid Saturday tickets. Not a good thing.

Also it has to be noted that these are not just Phoenix residents causing the problem. So many people from crummy snow bound cities come down just to get drunk and act a fool. That is fine as they are giving money to AZ but some of it is because people come here just to party. That course is going to take a long time to recover from all the idiots that decided to go mudding.

I used to go but now I just say no thanks when offered tickets. It's too many people for me.

I did not go this year but did last year.

I don't think its all that much different than last year, or years in the past. What happened this year was due to all the rain...it compressed people into areas instead of letting them spread out.

The glorification of the behavior is what drives all of it. How is it different than an NFL tailgate? it's not. This just happens to be golf. and 75%+ of the people attending do not care about the golf.

As for the clips....just like everything sensationalism gets the clicks. so that is the coverage. Is it a crazy frat party, with a golf tournament? yep.

But with a field missing many of top stars and a lot (~20??) Korn Ferry players in the field.... yet it still draws a packed house. (600-700k attendance at least) What other PGA tour event can claim that ?

Was there on Friday and didn't see anything crazy had a great time watching the golf. If i go next year will go on Thursday.
Same.. was there on Friday early and nothing too crazy. When I was leaving I did see a young man being carried to the shuttle by friends and the line was the longest I have ever seen to get into somewhere. Couldn't imagine waiting that long. We plan on going back out there but I will also be going Thursday if poss.

Seeing a lot of stuff pop up of golfers not having the best time on 16. Zach Johnson definitely was not happy out there on 16.

I wonder how different this event will look next year.. I am guessing a fair bit.

I wonder how different this event will look next year.. I am guessing a fair bit.
I'm guessing you are correct. Just watched a video of dudes fighting there at the tournament. I'm sure the PGAT is going to tell them to fix it.

Back