As I continue lose a few MPH off the ole fastball this line intrigues me. Not a fan however of the closed look of the fairways and hybrids.

Maybe our paths cross this year. If so, I'll have it available for you to try.
I think the thing that stand out to me when you hold as how detailed the clubs.
The paint and finish on the heads looks just a little better along with the shafts.
It cost a little more however I'm sure the QC that goes in it is above and beyond normal club manufacturing.

Great article… I’m always intrigued by their gear.

Nice article, @Hawk. I like that XXIO has established their lane and are content to stay in it, there's a big potential in that demographic of golfers. The tech story is interesting, and it's fun to see how all the different OEMs approach it.

Nice write-up! How much for just the cannon sole? 😅

Fantastic and very informative write up! I think that driver would be absolutely perfect for me! Thanks for the info!
Have you tried anything from XXIO in the past? I think I like the color scheme on the ladies line better than the mens. Definitely dig the head covers. I didn't see any of it in person, but here are some details if you're interested in more info.
SCR-20240112-gtvy.png
SCR-20240112-gtzu.jpegSCR-20240112-gueh.png

SCR-20240112-gugj.png

In the past, XXIO driver shafts marked R were actually Senior while those marked S were actually R. I got that info directly from their engineering department. Is that true if the new 13 as well?

In the past, XXIO driver shafts marked R were actually Senior while those marked S were actually R. I got that info directly from their engineering department. Is that true if the new 13 as well?
Hi Dennis. There's nothing in their product sheets saying that specifically, but the shafts are definitely light and soft.

Seriously, with so many manufacturers now offering a lightweight option - Ping G430 HL, Taylormade QI10 HL, Callaway AI Smoke Max Fast - is there really any advantage that the XXIO brand offers? Asking for a friend.

Seriously, with so many manufacturers now offering a lightweight option - Ping G430 HL, Taylormade QI10 HL, Callaway AI Smoke Max Fast - is there really any advantage that the XXIO brand offers? Asking for a friend.
Lightweight is only one part of the story (the article highlights a lot)

But is that really any different than saying why have all these brands releasing drivers when Srixon has three heads.

Your friend must not like options.

Sorry - minus the sarcasm, I think the biggest benefit is that XXIO is 100% invested in this player. It's really their only focus.

Your friend must not like options.

Sorry - minus the sarcasm, I think the biggest benefit is that XXIO is 100% invested in this player. It's really their only focus.
yes, it's not something new for them. This is their wheelhouse.

yes, it's not something new for them. This is their wheelhouse.
We've all walked by the driving range. This line could/should get all kinds of play.

We've all walked by the driving range. This line could/should get all kinds of play.
I remember my first time reviewing a set...fall 2015ish. Gave the driver and irons to my dad after becuase he hits the mark. A bunch of his golf buddies have mixed in some XXIO stuff since then. The X line, yeah that's a different venture for them, the regular and prime lines...man we all know people who can play that stuff and see the benefits.

I remember my first time reviewing a set...fall 2015ish. Gave the driver and irons to my dad after becuase he hits the mark. A bunch of his golf buddies have mixed in some XXIO stuff since then. The X line, yeah that's a different venture for them, the regular and prime lines...man we all know people who can play that stuff and see the benefits.
I love turning people on to new things like that.

It hasn't really been commented on, but these irons have a Ti face. Pretty wild.

I love turning people on to new things like that.

It hasn't really been commented on, but these irons have a Ti face. Pretty wild.
that is wild. XXIO isn't shy on using those materials

Regarding lofts on the driver, I found the XXIO 9 10.5 degree launched high with high spin. I am not someone who needs help with higher launch but with a 78 mph swing speed I am in the target audience. Did the 9.5 degree exhibit a lower launch than the 10.5 degree?

Regarding lofts on the driver, I found the XXIO 9 10.5 degree launched high with high spin. I am not someone who needs help with higher launch but with a 78 mph swing speed I am in the target audience. Did the 9.5 degree exhibit a lower launch than the 10.5 degree?
Hey there. Unfortunately I didn’t test both lofts.

From the TourSpec website on the XXIO 13 Driver:

1705417333578.png

47m/s to mph is 105
39m/s to mph is 87.25
36m/s to mph is 80.5

I don't think this isn't too far off.

Awesome article, thank you. I am really liking the irons in this release (visually). I once played a XXIO 9 driver ( 9 or 10 I think) for testing on course. It was said to be a regular shaft but too 'floppy' for me, I guess I may have been off with the swing speed. Like the driver on this release as well, but it's tough to try these out around here.

Back