3 Putt From 2 Ft?

Normally that 1st putt would be given by friends but I have done this similarly but probably from about 3ft not 2ft. On a severe downhill putt I blew it by the hole and it just kept rolling, missed the 6ft putt coming back and then made the 3rd putt.

He won twice last year. If you can win any tour event you can win a major. It’s just getting it to click at the right time. It’s sad these spotlights keep popping but.

When you are one of the best and have been one of the best for as long as he that glare shines brighter..
Sarcastic Shade GIF by Mariah Carey

3444 days and counting…

Probably at Victoria National

He won twice last year. If you can win any tour event you can win a major. It’s just getting it to click at the right time. It’s sad these spotlights keep popping but.

When you are one of the best and have been one of the best for as long as he that glare shines brighter..
Clearly, he can’t.

I've done it especially when greens are super fast. No one is immune to a 3-putt from 2 feet.

It happens.

Few years back I was playing a mens league match. 8 pars in a row coming into the final hole, a par 5. I was about 3 feet above the hole, putting for birdie. All I had to do was make that putt to shoot a personal best on 9 holes. I 3 putted for a bogey. In my defense, it was a severe downhill breaking putt. Ball rolled over the cup edge and about 6 feet past, maybe further. Watching that 3 foot putt miss, my brain pretty much froze up.

Twice beginning of last year. Swore I'd spend more time practicing Putts after Sand Traps... it's working.

I think the last time it happened to me when it wasn’t a gimme was approximately 15 years ago Club Championship on the 16th hole. I was in the final threesome that day and was playing really well. I was about 3 feet away, big breaker, 1 under at the time and in convention and I 3 putted. At the time was devastated, ended up 3rd and I believe won low net.

I have had the same experience, especially in the winter when the greens are hard and the grass is dormant.

That brings up the question I always ask when I see this happening - is that pin position reasonable or not? On many courses I don't think they pay much attention to the pin locations, other than not having them too close to the edge. On others they have a rotation of about 5 or so hole locations that fit the original course design while presenting fair challenges.

I was told by a friend of the well-known course designer Arthur Hills that all of his recommended pin positions have very low slopes within a 5 ft radius.
I agree with this. Having a sub 5 foot slider that if hit too hard could end up 10 feet away is just evil.

Everytime I putt like crap I’m watching this video to feel better about myself lol

I don’t think I’ve ever had this happen to me.

I don't think i've ever 3-putted from 2 feet....but i've missed putts under a foot. Not sure which is worse

“Pressure is a privilege “ is a solid line and truth

I feel for Rory, but it's been quite some time I have 3-putted from that short. I know it happened when I was new to golf so it is probably around 15 years. Also the reason I leave putts short. Don't want to blow the short ones way by.

I can't remember it ever happening, but I'm sure I've done it at some point.

Bounce back birdie on the next hole said a lot.

Actually happened to me yesterday. A hole cut just above the up hill shoulder.

A 2+/- foot breaking putt I missed. Then I pushed the second putt, leaving me a tap in.

I've done it before. It happens when I'm not focused.

The fourth hole of where I play sometimes has a weird break. I don't know whether the low ground and being next to a lake has anything to do with that.
I played it with a random partner and he tried a tap in putt to see the break again and sure enough it didn't go in.

It can be brutal putting with winter gloves but one some days I putt just fine wearing them.
Not something I worry about with everything else I need to work on!

Last edited:
Bethpage Black #15. I was 2 feet away in 3. The par putt had a slight break in it and because I am a thinking man's golfer I decided to hit it firm to minimize the break. Hammered it past to 4 feet. Now the knees start knocking and I lipped it for a smooth 6. Lost the hole. I still feel the pain.

Back