3 Putt From 2 Ft?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
When’s the last time this happened to you?

I can honestly say never. It’s never happened to me.

*Now that I say that, I’m sure it will 😂

And he’s using a new putter this week 😳 Yikes!

It happened to me a couple of years ago. The first putt was a little over 2 feet and very downhill on slick greens at my home club. The comeback putt was a 5 footer and also lipped out.

@JDax hate to see it 😎

8th hole on my course has a nasty slope. If you miss from the high side it will roll a long way.
When I play that hole a three putt is OK. A 2 putt is great! I've only made a one putt for Par in three years,.

I’m sure at some point in my golfing years it has. Don’t remember but maybe I’ve blocked such bad memories out of my mind.

I was thinking the same. Friends don’t let friends putt gimmes lol
I’ve said that often when over a short putt, “when I play with friends, they’d give me this one” 😂

Can't say that I remember doing it, but I would not be surprised if it has happened previously :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That first one was a gimmie in my world. In Rory's world it's just more Sunday scar tissue.

Happened to me once. Pin position was pretty much on a side slope down hill section of a 3 tiered green. Hit a nice chip (I thought) but somehow it stayed above the hole. I breathed on it and it missed and went 7ft by to the back edge. 2 putt from there. I was ummmm not happy. That is burned in my brain for life. Stay below the hole on those crazy pin positions.

@JDax hate to see it 😎
Dance Dancing GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Can’t say I’ve ever done that. I’ve 2 putted from 2 feet, but never 3 putted.

Guess that’ll happen this year 😂😂😂

Seeing that made my day.

In answer to the question, even I haven't done that, I think...

Oh I’m positive I’ve done that.

I can't remember a specific instance, because I've probably blocked it out. But there's a couple borderline false front situations at my home course where you could very easily do it and I know I have at least once. Not sure about 2 feet but definitely from close range.

Last time I recall is about 10 years ago. Straight downhill 2 footer that lipped out and left about 7 or 8 feet for the 2nd putt. Left it a few inches short then tapped in.

I’m not sure when but that completely fits the script for me.

I don’t remember doing that but I’ve played enough golf that odds are that it happened.

Didn’t Kiz do the same thing yesterday? Said it was Speith getting him back. 🤣

I have done it in a tournament before. Ran the first putt well past similar to that and missed the comeback.

In an alternate shot club tournament this summer the guys we were paired with 5 putted from 4 feet. The first putt was downhill and down wind in a 30 mph wind. The first player literally lipped out and it ran 8 feet past. The guy with the 8 footer ran it 4 feet by. Come back missed again and finally was made.

I couldn’t really laugh about that too much because a few holes later we took 5 to get out of a fairway bunker.

Cannot watch that.

Back