5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
Today KellyBo and I are joining a gym. I would like to challenge any and all takers on this forum to a 5 - 10 - or 15 lb weight loss. You do not have to post your current weight! This is totally on the honor system. You choose one of the catagory's for your personal loss program and report back prior to the May THP outing whether or not you have reached your goal. I personally think the 15 lb. loosers should have a brief recognition at the THP dinner but that's totally up to JB & GG. If you are not going to the May THP outing and want to enter the challenge, simply report your weight loss on here the week of the outing. Remember if you put your name in this thread, you are commiting yourself to report back to us.

Ok I am commiting to the 15 lbs. weight loss prior to the THP May outing.

Good luck to all and guess what, you may have to shop for some new golf attire prior to the outing or your Spring golf season! :clapp:

I would love to do this. I will commit to 15 lbs. Goal: 190 to 170
Today KellyBo and I are joining a gym. I would like to challenge any and all takers on this forum to a 5 - 10 - or 15 lb weight loss. You do not have to post your current weight! This is totally on the honor system. You choose one of the catagory's for your personal loss program and report back prior to the May THP outing whether or not you have reached your goal. I personally think the 15 lb. loosers should have a brief recognition at the THP dinner but that's totally up to JB & GG. If you are not going to the May THP outing and want to enter the challenge, simply report your weight loss on here the week of the outing. Remember if you put your name in this thread, you are commiting yourself to report back to us.

Ok I am commiting to the 15 lbs. weight loss prior to the THP May outing.

Good luck to all and guess what, you may have to shop for some new golf attire prior to the outing or your Spring golf season! :clapp:

Last edited:
cool ole Gray and kellybo. I am joining a Gym here soon as well, mostly because of my work hours. but also to get into shape. I currently am weighing in at 192, which really isnt big for 6'2". But my goal is to get to around 185 and just turn everything into muscle. I dont wanna be a big muscle guy, its not my style, just to be in better shape.

edit: so I am not commiting to any certain weight because muscle mass will be more than my fatty. so I dont really know where I will be. Just in better shape

Since I have more to lose than you my friend I will commit to losing 25lbs by the May outing. I really need to do this for my health. Great idea Gray and Kelly!!

cool ole Gray and kellybo. I am joining a Gym here soon as well, mostly because of my work hours. but also to get into shape. I currently am weighing in at 192, which really isnt big for 6'2". But my goal is to get to around 185 and just turn everything into muscle. I dont wanna be a big muscle guy, its not my style, just to be in better shape.

edit: so I am not commiting to any certain weight because muscle mass will be more than my fatty. so I dont really know where I will be. Just in better shape

The cool part is you are commiting to a healther lifestyle and good for you! Gym work will tone those muscles up and push that fat stuff out of your veins....

Since I have more to lose than you my friend I will commit to losing 25lbs by the May outing. I really need to do this for my health. Great idea Gray and Kelly!!

Man I am PROUD of ya dude! Good luck to better health and longer life.

Thanks Bill, I have been trying here for a couple of months butnot getting anywhere. Maybe 5lbs lost. This is what I needed, I finally put the number down and now I gotta live up to it.

Great idea guys! I am down for 20 lbs which is where I would feel comfortable.. Thanks for the extra motivation, I love it

Great idea guys! I am down for 20 lbs which is where I would feel comfortable.. Thanks for the extra motivation, I love it

Hey this is a Team effort bro. Glad to have you and Thainer aboard! I think it's cool we can root each other on to better health and who knows, maybe better golf in the end :thumb:

I am in for 20lbs. Great idea

I think it is really cool how some folks on here just jump right over the top category (15 lbs) and go for the Gold :clapp:. Extra thumbs up for the 20 - 25 lbs champs! :thumb:

edi thumbs

Are we going to be updating throughout?

Are we going to be updating throughout?

Yes if you like, that might motivate the rest of us. If you rather keep it quite until May and let the drum roll begin so be it. Either way we are committing to better health and those unwanted lbs going away.

Last edited:
This is a great idea Ole Gray... Good to have people working and supporting each other towards the same goal. I have lost 20lbs in the past few months and it's made a difference. It's a matter of making lifestyle changes. I'll commit to losing another 15 lns. Good luck to everyone!

This is a great idea Ole Gray... Good to have people working and supporting each other towards the same goal. I have lost 20lbs in the past few months and it's made a difference. It's a matter of making lifestyle changes. I'll commit to losing another 15 lns. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats to you lcsmrtn! Wow a 20 lb loss is great. Congratulations partner and thanks for the testimony :clapp:.. You look at the guys on tour and most of them have flat bellies. Even the Champion Tour players.

Now there are certainly some instances where you should consult with a Doctor. It might strain your heart to lose alot of weight quickly. If you watch the big loser show, it is amazing how much weight those contestants lose! I would think the benefits of slimming down would out weigh the hazards of being a couch potato.

Congrats to you lcsmrtn! Wow a 20 lb loss is great. Congratulations partner and thanks for the testimony :clapp:.. You look at the guys on tour and most of them or flat bellies. Even the Champion Tour players.

Now there are certainly some instances where you should consult with a Doctor. It might strain your heart to loose alot of weight quickly. If you watch the big looser show, it is amazing how much weight those contestants loose! I would think the benefits of slimming down would out weigh the hazards of being a couch potato.

Thanks! After I stopped playing competitive hockey and went to school, my weight creeped up and before I knew it was getting a bit too crazy. Luckily I stayed active so making changes in my eating habits and working out wasn't too big of a change. It's a matter of making durable and progressive changes!

You can bet I'm in. I'm at my normal winter weight of 240 thanks to hibernation mode. Once the spring time rolls around I should melt down to the 215-220 range easily. Right now I'm completely revamping my eating habits so I'm hoping to surpass the 215 and get to around 10-12% body fat, but I always like trying to over-achieve.

I already committed to doing this for myslef at the beginning of the month but I'll join in here as well

Current weight- 200
Goal weight- 190

Muscle mass may affect this # but as long as I'm close to my goal with a better fat/muscle ratio I'll be happy

Great idea Gray! Currently the doctor doesn't want me to lose any weight, but who know what will happen during the winter! So I'll commit to maintaining my current weight...if that counts.

KellyBo might have some before and after pics of a weight loss gig I went through a couple of years ago. I started at 238 and went down to 200 lbs. I felt better than I have in years. Now the next time I lose a substantial amount of weight, I want it to be a life style change to maintain a healthy weight, blood pressure,and not to mention how much better your joints will thank ya. It's good to lose the weight but even better to maintain your optimum weight for your height, age, etc. My turning 60 this year has spiked my interest in getting and keeping the weight off. Let's do it guys/gals! If ya dream it, commit to it, and not quit, the goal can be obtained.

Great idea Gray! Currently the doctor doesn't want me to lose any weight, but who know what will happen during the winter! So I'll commit to maintaining my current weight...if that counts.

That counts brother and we are proud of ya. Do what the Doc says and he will know when it's healthy for you to change directions.

Back