5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

So, I really want to lose about 15 lbs this winter, increase my flexibility for golf, and all around just feel better.

I have a lot of problems getting into a routine, and I will do something for like 2 days and then just totally quit it.

I have copies of the P90X and Insanity, but it was more out a curiousity than anything. Did P90X for 2 days, and then quit it.

My question is, how do you motivate yourselves to keep on something? I can't use the "I don't have the time excuse", because honestly, I have at least 2 hours a night that I could be doing something to improve my fitness.
Lots of good answers to your question have already been given. As I said above if you will begin to regularly exercise you will begin to look forward to exercising. Good advise on posting here in this thread too, it gives you a form of accountability.

Down .2 for the week.
I was hoping for more but I didn't eat as good over the weekend and had to work back down. I was actually surprised to be down today after knocking back some good beer last night.

Down a total of 8.8. So ready to hit the 10 pound mark.

So, I really want to lose about 15 lbs this winter, increase my flexibility for golf, and all around just feel better.

I have a lot of problems getting into a routine, and I will do something for like 2 days and then just totally quit it.

I have copies of the P90X and Insanity, but it was more out a curiousity than anything. Did P90X for 2 days, and then quit it.

My question is, how do you motivate yourselves to keep on something? I can't use the "I don't have the time excuse", because honestly, I have at least 2 hours a night that I could be doing something to improve my fitness.

For me it was health concerns. My family is plagued with heart disease and some diabetes. Wanted to limit my chances of getting these so I'm eating better and losing the weight.

Also feels great seeing the results which had really motivated me also.

Down .2 for the week.
I was hoping for more but I didn't eat as good over the weekend and had to work back down. I was actually surprised to be down today after knocking back some good beer last night.

Down a total of 8.8. So ready to hit the 10 pound mark.

Good job. You'll get there before you know it. Also, you gotta have a break with a few beers every once in a while!

Setting myself a new goal for weight loss for the final few months of 2014. I ate a ton of junk food while rehabbing from hip surgery. Ice cream, cookies, and anything sweet was a craving for me. My exercise program could not keep up with the huge amount of calories I stuffed down. I'm setting a new goal to be reached by January 1st 2015.

I'm going all out with a 15 lb goal. The food eating season is here but some of this lard has to come off the ole belly. It's time to hunker down again!!!

Setting myself a new goal for weight loss for the final few months of 2014. I ate a ton of junk food while rehabbing from hip surgery. Ice cream, cookies, and anything sweet was a craving for me. My exercise program could not keep up with the huge amount of calories I stuffed down. I'm setting a new goal to be reached by January 1st 2015.

I'm going all out with a 15 lb goal. The food eating season is here but some of this lard has to come off the ole belly. It's time to hunker down again!!!

Thanks Buddy! I needed this kick in the pants today. Went to the Dr yesterday and the scale winced.

I am joining a UFC gym that opens in January. I am planning to take one or two of their classes (Boxing, Muay Thai, maybe MMA) 2-3 times a week. I did Focus T25 for 14 weeks earlier this year and with a slight change in eating habits dropped almost 20 lbs. Its hard for me to set a true lbs number to lose as my goal is to drop body fat and add some lean muscle. I weigh around 165 right now and would like to get to 155ish but if things go like I want i may weigh 160 and have the body fat loss I was looking for. In the mean time before the new gym opens I plan to do Focus T25 again.

I am joining a UFC gym that opens in January. I am planning to take one or two of their classes (Boxing, Muay Thai, maybe MMA) 2-3 times a week. I did Focus T25 for 14 weeks earlier this year and with a slight change in eating habits dropped almost 20 lbs. Its hard for me to set a true lbs number to lose as my goal is to drop body fat and add some lean muscle. I weigh around 165 right now and would like to get to 155ish but if things go like I want i may weigh 160 and have the body fat loss I was looking for. In the mean time before the new gym opens I plan to do Focus T25 again.

155ish...ah to be 13 again

I had one bad thing yesterday and that was a small blizzard at DQ after golf. A bunch of the seniors I play golf with hit either DQ or a popular Mexican restaurant after our weekly blitz. Ice cream has been put on the forbidden list at home. I can control my little splurge outside of the home however when the stuff is in the fridge, I turn into the cookie monster! :hungry:s

My weight loss thought is lard off the belly means a healthier 2015. Let's get this done folks! Believe you can do it and don't give in to spontaneous urges. :nono:

Pretty good article I read this week.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/harley-pasternak-the-man-behind-hollywoods-best-101063938218.html

Some of my favorites from this interview:

HP: Each meal should include a protein that is the mass of your hand, a palm-full of a high fiber grain or a high fiber fruit, and then all the non-starchy veggies you want. You want to base your meal around the quality of protein, fiber and healthy fats. That’s the holy trinity.

HP: Here is the good news. I work with Jeff Goldblum, who is in his 60s and looks as good as he did 30 years ago. There is almost a 60-year age difference between Miley Cyrus and Jane Fonda, and one day I trained them both. I would say I trained Jane in her 70s even harder than I did Miley who’s a teenager. I think as you become older it’s not about working harder, it’s about working smarter. Resistance exercise is paramount as you age, because it really is the fountain of youth. I think the older you get the less you can sit, you really have to be moving all day. Not intensity, you don’t need to do wind sprints, you don’t need to spin, just walk.

HP:I always say that Americans are working out too much, but are underactive. They are sitting all day, driving everywhere, ordering in lunch, and getting automated coffee machines next to their desks so they don’t have to go anywhere to get it. Then they are driving to a spin class, sitting on a stationary bike for 50 minutes, and thinking that is enough activity. When it should be skip the spin, and bike or walk to get your coffee. Park a couple blocks away when you get to work. Get off the subway one stop earlier. All those little things are exponentially more impactful than those super high intensity bouts of cardio two to three times a week. I tell all my clients, you need an activity monitor like a Fitbit, and to walk no less than 10,000 steps a day, optimally 12,000. I don’t care if you want to dance in your spare time, take the stairs, walk more, have a walking desk—just whatever you need to keep moving. If you’re a New Yorker you’ve got no excuse.

Back