9-9:30am is the best tee time

I’d say 8am. Done by 12-1 and low chance of a backed up course

6am because the temps are still below 100 now. No pace issues and back in time for work.

On the weekends maybe 7ish so I can grab an early lunch at the course.

My body wakes up ready for action still so no need for an extra time frame to loosen up.
I wish we had 6am tee times here.

Crazy talk. 7ish is bliss
Must agree! Our group has the first tee time 7 days/wk. We play NASCAR golf. 2 or 3 and we'll play 18 in under 2 hours. 4 or 5 and it might take us 2 1/2 hours.

Playing early gets us back home before the heat of the day. It also does not get us stuck behind slow players. There are two drawbacks. One is dew. The greens are slow with dew as we start. As they dry out during the round, the speed changes. Also, playing that early we face the sun on #1 and #3. Tough to see the ball flight.

I have been an early riser for decades. When I retired, never changed. Always up and around before 5 a.m. Wife likes to sleep in. So, I can play 18 and still be home close to the time she is up and around. Gives us the day for other plans.

I feel 7ish is the best tee time. You get done you get lunch and drinks with your buddies. Or you could look at it 10ish then you grab lunch at the turn and drinks after, until dinner. This way does make for a long day.

Teeing off without eating lunch first is uncivilized.

You'd have to pay me to do anything as early as 9:00 or 9:30am. I'm retired so that's not happening.

First off at or before first light is the ideal! 2:30 to 2:45 for a foursome is the norm. A buddy of mine teed off at 9:00 AM on Tuesday with his nephew. When they pulled their cart into the parking lot to put their clubs back in the car, it was 2:00 PM.

Too early for me. I like the 11am time slot.

Usually perfect time to get up and to the course for practice. Then during the turn grab a hotdog or burger for lunch. And you are still done in plenty of time to enjoy the 19th hole or spend the day at home with the family.

11am for me works great

While I enjoy that tee time, I'm still taking the earliest I can. Get on an off the course before the rush starts is the best. Always.

In that window, the heat is rising and the dew is evaporating. You are literally in a sauna of suck.

I like the 8am slot better most of the year here, but 9am is better than 7am unless it is the worst heat of summer

I like 8-8:30. Still ahead of everyone and it’s beautiful morning golf.

No, puts you 11:30-12:00 finish best case, and that half a day gone.
But that’s right at lunchtime and part of the reason why I picked 930. Step off the course go have a nice lunch and relax for the rest of the day. Maybe a little different for me since I don’t go to sleep until around midnight.

Are all of you guys saying the best time is way early in the morning not considering dew? Doesn’t bother you? If the 7am slot didn’t come with wet EVERYWHERE then I’d agree.

Maybe it’s because I’ve played in it all year, but I am so sick to death of the wet nasty conditions that time of the morning produces. And that was the primary driver for me creating this thread.

But that’s right at lunchtime and part of the reason why I picked 930. Step off the course go have a nice lunch and relax for the rest of the day. Maybe a little different for me since I don’t go to sleep until around midnight.
Or get done by 9:00-9:30 and get stuff done, then grab lunch.

Are all of you guys saying the best time is way early in the morning not considering dew? Doesn’t bother you? If the 7am slot didn’t come with wet EVERYWHERE then I’d agree.
If it isn't dew, then the course is or has just been watered. The advantage of playing at our own, quick pace, and of not waiting on any shot, is worth putting up with the moisture.

7-8:30 am depending on the time of year.

Crazy talk. 7ish is bliss

Yup I like being between 6:00 and 8:00 at the latest during peak daylight hours.

I normal work before and after my round and 9-930 means I just feel rushed.

As early as so you can play and still be home before lunch is ideal for me.

I enjoy an early morning round, but truth be told, I have a slight preference for late morning or early afternoon, mainly for the sake of stable green speeds. I don't mind if it takes a little longer due to congestion on the course (I've reached a point in life where being in a hurry to get somewhere/finish a task is something I try not to stress over if I don't have a good reason).

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 9.50.19 AM.png

Nope put me out there at 7:30 and I am happy. Get my round in and then get home and till have all afternoon to do whatever.

Back