A thread for SoCal golfers.

Is everyone is at the first tee

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It was nice meeting you all. Hope to play with you again. On a slower green... haha

It was nice meeting you all. Hope to play with you again. On a slower green... haha
Why. 14 on the stimp meter to hot for you.

Just kidding. The golf course took our best and smiled her way to a 18 hole unanimous decisions.

Beautiful day. Indeed. Were we prepared for PGA tournament conditions. I don't think so.

The putts rolled true and the greens were super fast. What more can you ask for? A par once in a while. Nope. Lol.

I had a blast and was tested to my limits.

Can't wait for the next round.

Cheers to all.

And finally this year's Spicoli Award goes to all the SoCal Crew that made the journey and endured the best that Goose Creek have to offer.

It was an amazing day and a honor to enjoy The Company of a Fine group of players from our area.

c21eb3eb515929a2254a20adfd40121a.jpg

Did anyone take pics?

Yesterday's get together was a great time for all who showed up @ Goose Creek. I know I had a wonderful time at that course (even with the funky greens). It reminded me of THP get togethers from a few years ago where a bunch of people with a wide range of skills and abilities meet at a golf course and just enjoyed the game with each other. Yesterday no one really cared if you did not hit the perfect shot it was all about the game, making new friends and just having a good time. I look forward to the next time we do this, maybe in a month or so and next time maybe we go to San Fernando Valley area for a change. I know some courses were mentioned over beers at the end of the round, I for one will drive to meet up as you guys have driven down this time.

Maybe also down the road we can work on something with our friends from NoCal and get a real nice event going at some point midway.

Yesterday's get together was a great time for all who showed up @ Goose Creek. I know I had a wonderful time at that course (even with the funky greens). It reminded me of THP get togethers from a few years ago where a bunch of people with a wide range of skills and abilities meet at a golf course and just enjoyed the game with each other. Yesterday no one really cared if you did not hit the perfect shot it was all about the game, making new friends and just having a good time. I look forward to the next time we do this, maybe in a month or so and next time maybe we go to San Fernando Valley area for a change. I know some courses were mentioned over beers at the end of the round, I for one will drive to meet up as you guys have driven down this time.

Maybe also down the road we can work on something with our friends from NoCal and get a real nice event going at some point midway.
Truly it was my pleasure to meet the Face behind the White Rhino.

Already looking forward to the next stop on the SoCal Crew Train.

To give everyone a voice why not everyone post your choice for the next event location. Links pictures and a brief description, why you are nominating the particular golf course a plus.

April and May are wide open.

Week day versus weekend dates can even lower our green fees.

I am free after 11 every day Tuesday through Friday. I would be down to play anywhere from Ventura up to Northridge or so. Rustic Canyon is one of the best public courses in Southern California. We should definitely try to play there soon!

Truly it was my pleasure to meet the Face behind the White Rhino.

Already looking forward to the next stop on the SoCal Crew Train.

To give everyone a voice why not everyone post your choice for the next event location. Links pictures and a brief description, why you are nominating the particular golf course a plus.

April and May are wide open.

Week day versus weekend dates can even lower our green fees.

Great idea!!!! This thread is for everyone to have a voice… speak up and say where you want to play next time anklet's start to work up some potential days.

Thanks guys for a great day on the course. Those greens were something else. I'm convinced the course is built on a Indian burial ground. Never seen a put break up hill so many times. Look forward to the the next one.

Couldnt have asked for a nicer day or finer course. THose greens had all of us under their spell for sure. It was my first time meeting up with you THP'rs and it was fantastic. Cant wait for the next trip out.

Thanks guys for a great day on the course. Those greens were something else. I'm convinced the course is built on a Indian burial ground. Never seen a put break up hill so many times. Look forward to the the next one.

i can't believe the greens were doing the same thing as they did when we played last lol. I guess you might be right with all the weird stuff that happens there!

i can't believe the greens were doing the same thing as they did when we played last lol. I guess you might be right with all the weird stuff that happens there!

You would have thought that first round would have helped. :confused2:

When the Golf Gods get angry no putter is safe.

I just looked. I thought I putted aweful but recorded 37 putts. Not horrible but also had 5 three putts in there. So thats not great lol.

I just looked. I thought I putted aweful but recorded 37 putts. Not horrible but also had 5 three putts in there. So thats not great lol.
Your sacrifices to the gods where accepted.

You may play in peace.

You played great, Mike! Just imagine if you took out those 3 putts... you would've shot low!

i didn't have an issue with the speed so much after a couple holes when we played as i usually prefer greens like that. but when you have putts with "secret" breaks....i just don't know how you can putt well without taking PGA tour time to read from every angle. Even with having played there before i don't even think I'd be able to trust previous knowledge when you're staring down a putt and the past is telling you one thing and your brain and eyes are telling you another

You played great, Mike! Just imagine if you took out those 3 putts... you would've shot low!

I dont think I have had a better driving the ball off the tee. You should light that VRPro on fire lol.

I dont think I have had a better driving the ball off the tee. You should light that VRPro on fire lol.

Oh I got rid of that Nike as soon as I got home. Haha
also a new 3 wood, and got two ATV wedges.
I have issues, man! I know it wasn't the clubs' fault but I had to justify my bad playing on something...

I have issues, man! I know it wasn't the clubs' fault but I had to justify my bad playing on something...

You will like the ATVs. They amazing out of the sand

I played at Saticoy Country Club for the one and only time this past summer.

Beautiful, and (very) challenging course.

My friend (who is a member) was coaching me on how to read the greens there, while I was standing over my putts. I was totally tuning him out, thinking 'I can read my own green'.

After a few holes I was ready to pull my hair out (but, I'm bald as an acorn).

The course is built into a canyon. So it's not just the read of the green that matters. The green may read downhill, but you had to also read where you were in relation to the canyon...what looked like a significant downhill putt could actually be totally flat, or even uphill.
Then to make it even harder, virtually every green is a 'turtleback'

I played a great round of golf (one of my 3 best rounds since I took up golfing), but still shot a 103. Had a nice score going on the first 11-12 holes, but when frustration set in, think every hole was a 3 or 4 putt t close out the round.

I could live with the learning to read the greens part, but I think 'turtlebacks' are silly.

Hopefully I can join you guys for your next THP outing!

I played at Saticoy Country Club for the one and only time this past summer.

Beautiful, and (very) challenging course.

My friend (who is a member) was coaching me on how to read the greens there, while I was standing over my putts. I was totally tuning him out, thinking 'I can read my own green'.

After a few holes I was ready to pull my hair out (but, I'm bald as an acorn).

The course is built into a canyon. So it's not just the read of the green that matters. The green may read downhill, but you had to also read where you were in relation to the canyon...what looked like a significant downhill putt could actually be totally flat, or even uphill.
Then to make it even harder, virtually every green is a 'turtleback'

I played a great round of golf (one of my 3 best rounds since I took up golfing), but still shot a 103. Had a nice score going on the first 11-12 holes, but when frustration set in, think every hole was a 3 or 4 putt t close out the round.

I could live with the learning to read the greens part, but I think 'turtlebacks' are silly.

Saticoy Country Club in Somis?

Young Skywalker. It is always the club. Use the force Luke.

Back