ACCRA I Series Steel Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that read the latest THP Digital Magazine, you saw some info on these shafts. Should have hit your inbox, but if not, check spam folder or click below.

Decent looking shafts, being the hippie that I am, I like seeing a more green option for coating the shafts.

I dig those. Is this expansion into steel part of their acquisition by True Temper?

I dig those. Is this expansion into steel part of their acquisition by True Temper?
They’d begun messing with steel prior to being acquired.

Yeah, saw that. I had heard steel was coming. I am interested in knowing more. They look to have a bit of a smokey tint. I like that if so.

These would be fun to try. Considering I'm looking in to building another set of irons, I'll have to look in to these.

I've been wanting to try their graphite iron shafts, so I guess I'll add these to the list of shafts I want to try too.

I thought I had read somewhere that Accra made steel shafts before? I can’t wait to start seeing some reviews

Seems very interesting. Any word on pricing?

Accra is really on my mind since @+7 KPTT suggested some shafts. I love that they made it in Volume 2. I’ve got a lot more to learn about the brand.

They’d begun messing with steel prior to being acquired.

Yes but from what I heard on their live video today or yesterday on Instagram, they didn’t have the means to do it properly or to make it worth while until being bought correct?

I love the Accra graphite iron shafts, can't say I'd ever revert back to the steel shafts. :drinks:

Yes but from what I heard on their live video today or yesterday on Instagram, they didn’t have the means to do it properly or to make it worth while until being bought correct?
I didn’t watch but that’s in line with what I’ve heard. When we were sitting with DB at PX in Cali I asked the question of what did the acquisition change for both sides. Don’s answer was that Accra would keep functioning as normal, but now they’d have access to TRUE’s production and prototyping which is a huge deal. Samples produced in days not months.

They’d have gotten it done without the partnership but it’d have taken a lot longer and cost would’ve been a lot more.

Reading up on these again. I hope I can get some swings at some point.

Accra is really on my mind since @+7 KPTT suggested some shafts. I love that they made it in Volume 2. I’ve got a lot more to learn about the brand.

I have a friend that is playing nearly a whole bag of ACCRA after his fitting at CC.

I have a friend that is playing nearly a whole bag of ACCRA after his fitting at CC.
I’m really thinking about it a lot. I’ve got to play graphite this year for my wrist issue but I need the best fit I can find. I like the weight similarity to the DG 105 I’ve been playing.

I’m really thinking about it a lot. I’ve got to play graphite this year for my wrist issue but I need the best fit I can find. I like the weight similarity to the DG 105 I’ve been playing.

These are interesting to me from the stand point of fitting. So many options to really dial someone in.

These are interesting to me from the stand point of fitting. So many options to really dial someone in.
I really love that I can dive into a fitting without any bias because I have never hit any Accra shafts. I'd love to find a fitter who would be willing to go through all the paces to see what's what and all the possibilities.

Love love love that people have come around to ACCRA. They’ve always made some damn good shafts.

I really love that I can dive into a fitting without any bias because I have never hit any Accra shafts. I'd love to find a fitter who would be willing to go through all the paces to see what's what and all the possibilities.

I haven’t ever been fit into ACCRA. Nothing wrong with them, just always found something that fit me a little better. I know Club Champion fits a lot to them.

They’ve got a much broader range than I think many realize.

I’m suddenly pondering these :unsure:

👀

Back