Adrian Peterson Indicted For Child Abuse

But are those numbers comparing multiple RB's combined at that team to just AP? If so, that goes to show you how good he is that he is getting numbers close to the same as 2+ guys combined.

He is clearly the best RB playing in the NFL and I think AP will go down as one of the top 3 backs of all time when he's done. He is a game changer that defenses have to scheme for and certainly makes any football team better. I hope he stays a Viking but I was pointing out that Zygi Wilf can make a business argument for not keeping AP. McKinnon and Asiata have a combined salary of about $1.4 million and AP is due about $14 million a year.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, given the coaching staff and reports that the locker room stands behind him.

Interesting.

I hope he doesn't raise his hand to his children again. I hope this shed some light on the topic and others follow suit in not hitting their children.

I could care less if he plays or not. Sadly most only care about that. He's a talent and he will run this out of everyone's mind.

Nike drops Adrian Peterson as spokesman
Gary Mihoces, USA TODAY Sports

Nike, the Oregon-based sports apparel giant, said Thursday it had dropped Adrian Peterson as a spokesman. "Adrian Peterson is no longer a Nike athlete," said the Nike statement.

In September, Nike had "suspended" its relationship with Peterson after the Minnesota Vikings running back was indicted in Texas on a felony injury to a child charge for allegedly beating his 4-year-old son with a switch. In a plea agreement Tuesday in Texas, Peterson pleaded no contest to a reduced charge of misdemeanor reckless assault. He was fined $4,000 and ordered to perform 80 hours of community service. Peterson has been on the NFL's exempt/commissioner's permission list, which has entitled him to continue receiving pay while not playing for the Vikings.

He remains subject to potential NFL discipline under the league's personal conduct policy.

When Nike introduced new Vikings uniforms in 2013, Peterson was pictured in the promotional effort.

"I've worked closely with Nike designers for years to provide input on the way this uniform should be built," Peterson said in a 2013 press release. "The way a uniform fits really does matter when you're out there on the field. I think fans will love the new design — it's the way a Viking is supposed to look."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-drops-adrian-peterson-as-spokesman/18619667/

A will see what his future holds .. But the sentence for him and others of these awful crimes should be brutal and long . My recommendation is to dump them in the middle of the ocean with no life vests ... And or Alligator pit
film it .. Broadcast it .. And let it deter other sickos out there

harsh words from me , but not as harsh if i had my say in punishment

That's just so wrong.

History shows us that it doesn't work, hasn't worked, will never work.

That's just so wrong.

History shows us that it doesn't work, hasn't worked, will never work.

Yes :: hurting and abusing defenseless minor is wrong . Happens to much lately , so obviously the law isn't working . Time to get stiffer on the punishment .. And Petersons plea proves the system stinks

we will see what kinda of Athlete Adrian is if my above law was in effect .

Especially with Peterson having far more talent than Vick. And Vick actually did jail time, Peterson is getting a slap on the wrist.
I think you must have forgotten just how good Vick was before he went to jail. Ran as fast as pretty much anyone in the league and with the flick of the wrist could throw a laser.

Murray will leave and Dallas will sign Peterson. It's written in the stars.

It'll never work.

And you have to look at the whole context of Peterson life, he was raised different from you. What he did crossed the line, but not so far in the eyes of many, including the boys mother.

From everything i've read charges were not even going to be pressed by the mother.

Different culture.

Peterson has done things already before the charges were even brought up that show he knows he screwed up and wants to change.

Raised different? That is a joke right?

mom didn't press charges because ole Adrian is her meal ticket .

Here is a ? If you had a young one at home , would you feel safe to drop them off at Adrian's house to babysit them ?

I'm sure everyone will be cheering on this thug soon enough.

Me , I will be more than happy to drop him off into the middle of the ocean . But I would be friendly and tell him to enjiy the swim before I pushed him in

Yea, how you're raised, where you are raised, plays a huge part in how you view corporal punishment.

Heck, I remember getting beat by nuns, babysotters, teachers, neighbohrs, mom, dad, uncle, grandpa, grandma, great uncles, great aunts, second mom, second dad (great family friends I view as second parents.) With hand, belt, switch, spoon, paddle, stick, leash, ruler, tack, lats.

That was only 17 or so years ago, no one had an issue with it then.

That was part of parenting.

That's how my family was raised, how my friends were raised, how a lot of my classmates were raised.

That's probably why I view this differently from most people, Peterson messed up as a parent, he raised his kids the way he was raised and it's no longer culturally accepted, for the most part. He crossed the line, the man manned up sought help.

He's in the process, or has made changes, and yet you want to kill the man.

It's messed up that corporal punishment is so bad in your eyes, but somehow torture and capital punishment is fine?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

It looks like Adrian is free to get back to NFL football. I don't think AP or his agent have much leverage in pushing a trade as I don't see any other team willing to give up draft picks and pay hime the $45 million he is due the next 3 years. I also think the owners talk to one another and don't want the precedent being set that a player under contract can force a trade because he or his agent thinks it's a good idea.

I think Bill Polian has it right. Where do you think he plays this year?

ESPN analyst Bill Polian, a Hall of Famer and former NFL general manager, doesn’t think the Vikings will bend to any public pressure from Dogra.
“Let’s take away the hypotheticals for a moment,” Polian said. “Despite anything his agent may say to the contrary … the following are the facts: He has a valid contract, a multi-year contract with the Minnesota Vikings. And if the Minnesota Vikings decide that they want him to play football for them, he will play football for them or play football for no one.
“So I think that is a fact. It’s very clear-cut. It’s black and white, despite any protestations to the contrary.”

Back