Ala the former Dell guy... "dude I'm getting a

WMac19

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
...backyard putting green!

100% wife driven inspiration by my non golfer better half.

She wants one because she loves their look and has ideas about how to landscape and beautify the property in order to accentuate the green.

Her lone condition, LOL... is that I don't attempt to do it myself, it MUST be done professionally.

1st estimate was today, second tomorrow, I still kinda can't believe this is a go.

Whoa! Great score, definitely want pictures of the work in progress

Thanks, will do. Still can't believe the wife is spearheading this.

First company today was NOT cheap but their reputation is fantastic and the grass samples were really very impressive.

Although I can't take a pic that accurately represents how good it looks in person, here's a pic of the fringe. I love how it has the realistic inclusion of thatch:

4910a6afb398192ffea77066b6b244d9.jpg

Does your wife have a twin and is she single lol?

Sent from HTX

That's awesome! Hope you'll chronicle the build here - I'm really hoping to do this someday.

Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great gesture by her! Quick, pick a company and get that first deposit down before a mind is changed!! Also, start cleaning things you never cleaned around the house before. You know, get that positive mojo floating around the house.

What a great addition! Definitely update the thread as the build/install progresses.

LOL and thanks guys... nobody was more surprised than me because when I floated the idea some years back when we were in NY, I was summarily shot down.

Maybe there's something to the NC air because I said nothing, never even hinted a thing, and she just came right out with it one day over lunch, "I want to get estimates for a backyard putting green. I don't want huge but I do want really nice. I want one and I have a plan."

Uh... "yes, boss!"

LOL and thanks guys... nobody was more surprised than me because when I floated the idea some years back when we were in NY, I was summarily shot down.

Maybe there's something to the NC air because I said nothing, never even hinted a thing, and she just came right out with it one day over lunch, "I want to get estimates for a backyard putting green. I don't want huge but I do want really nice. I want one and I have a plan."

Uh... "yes, boss!"

Now, THAT'S how you close a deal!

Now, THAT'S how you close a deal!
Ha, that's how she is, a talented and matter of fact businesswoman.

Despite my being the one who manages all of our finances, she didn't, not even once ask me of the financial viability, my opinion, timing, etc... Nope, nada. Not one shred of her entire being seemed to care.

Just, "this is what I want and YOU'RE gonna make it happen."

You can betcha pa-tooty, I will.

Sounds great Bill! I'm subscribed & will follow along. It will be interesting to see what you go to get this thing done. How many square feet are you thinking?

Nice!!! I can’t wait to see how it comes out. Artificial I assume?

Good for you....will be a fun follow, please post pictures of timeline, will be interesting.

Yes daze, artificial. Low-maintenance is alllll me.
Sounds great Bill! I'm subscribed & will follow along. It will be interesting to see what you go to get this thing done. How many square feet are you thinking?
Well, because we decided only moments ago to go with the more expensive company, we'll have to limit size to 500 sq ft at 25' x 20'.

Could've gone larger with the cheaper options, maybe even have had a bunker installed, but at the end of the day, the vast difference in materials won out. Can always consider a bunker in the future.

Southwest Greens is the company, recently learned that lots of pros have apparently used them for their own home greens. Vijay, Sergio, Hale Irwin, Jim Furyk, Justin Rose, among many others.

John Smoltz has a few holes with their product on his mini home course:

https://youtu.be/zX9MELgMlfA

Just in case you want to have it tested....I’m not terribly far away. ?

That is very cool!!!

A guy I know through church is a builder of high end homes here in DFW, and just today he posted this picture of a home they built with these putting / chipping areas.

Looks amazing....

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 4.32.39 PM.png

A guy I know through church is a builder of high end homes here in DFW, and just today he posted this picture of a home they built with these putting / chipping areas.

Looks amazing....

View attachment 31557

Now that is sweet! Looks like a short par 3 at the back. Quite the set-up.

Just in case you want to have it tested....I’m not terribly far away. ?
You're already invited!

Only, it'll be a while as they're backlogged and running at a "4 to 6 week delay" until they can even start the job.

Works though actually, because there's still a few trees to come down, stumps to be grinded, roots to be removed.

Tomorrow is gonna be a loonnnggg day of yard work.

Looks amazing....

View attachment 31557
That's sick! Yeah... mine would be the toddler's Barbie Dream House version of that property.

And we're not talking to Ken at the moment. He skipped his rent payment which means for an ever smaller green installation now.

I really need to keep an eye on this thread! I have plenty of room for something like what your going to do. Can’t wait to see it finished! Such a cool gift for yourself. Maybe it will help your wife with her non-golfer fault. J/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool! Looking forward to watching this all go in and see the final product. With my wife was as awesome about a putting green as yours!

Would your wife have lunch with mine? I'll buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back