ALL-FIT Universal Shaft Adapter

yeah it said make sure your sleeve was set first, so wanted to ask. Did you use the washers off your OG callaway screw? I have them on there right now but wasn't sure if I was supposed to use them.
I kept the retaining washers with the OEM setup so as not to lose them if I needed it. It main purpose is to keep people from loosing the screws or dropping them accidentally in the heads on some.

I kept the retaining washers with the OEM setup so as not to lose them if I needed it. It main purpose is to keep people from loosing the screws or dropping them accidentally in the heads on some.
Ok. I have them on there with the Callaway as the hole is a little bigger. I was afraid that the screw head wouldn't seed and go completely through. Maybe I need to take the washers off? I take it you didn't need them on the Callaway one or did you do a different manufacturer?

Ok. I have them on there with the Callaway as the hole is a little bigger. I was afraid that the screw head wouldn't seed and go completely through. Maybe I need to take the washers off? I take it you didn't need them on the Callaway one or did you do a different manufacturer?
Most of mine were done on cobra and Titleist. The screw heads were rather large already to begin with but I’d use one if it eases you mind especially to avoid damage to a head.

Most of mine were done on cobra and Titleist. The screw heads were rather large already to begin with but I’d use one if it eases you mind especially to avoid damage to a head.
Yeah, the more I think about it, I will probably leave them on. Epoxy should be set by time I get home this evening so I will be screwing the head on.

Looking at this on that website. It's not the same as the adapter I have presented in this thread. Although, same concept, not sure I would go with this one as it has two pieces that you have to screw together (one being the tip and the other being the adapter to change out the shafts) and then you add the sleeve for the manufacturer. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing, but not sure how I would feel about having to screw an adapter on and then screw a head to that. Have you used these ones?
I'm not that familiar with these things but from what I read in that other forum they were the same. Billy Bobs buys them from All-Fit. They look pretty much the same to me. It looks like they both use the same adjustable sleeve and an OEM specific collar.
https://www.allfitgolf.com/collecti...fit-universal-golf-shaft-adapter-sleeve-0-335

I'm not that familiar with these things but from what I read in that other forum they were the same. Billy Bobs buys them from All-Fit. They look pretty much the same to me. It looks like they both use the same adjustable sleeve and an OEM specific collar.
https://www.allfitgolf.com/collecti...fit-universal-golf-shaft-adapter-sleeve-0-335
Although they look pretty much identical. The writing on the sleeves is different, but maybe it's just different models. I was looking at the others on his site that looks like a 2 piece adapter before the sleeve.

Although they look pretty much identical. The writing on the sleeves is different, but maybe it's just different models. I was looking at the others on his site that looks like a 2 piece adapter before the sleeve.
I see. I was just going by what I have read on the other thread. Maybe someone on the other forum can give more details.

Got the head installed. This is a 9* EPIC Max LS set to 8.25*D with the weight all the way in the heel. I think this is going to work out fantastic this weekend. Seems just as sturdy as the OEM adapter.
890F9978-7F8E-4846-9355-D377740C1880.jpeg

Does this adapter keep the shaft in the same position (a la Callaway Opti-Fit) or does it require you to rotate the shaft (like Cobra)?

Does this adapter keep the shaft in the same position (a la Callaway Opti-Fit) or does it require you to rotate the shaft (like Cobra)?
The shaft will have to rotate.

I have not had a chance to get this out to the course yet since installing as right after I got it fixed daughter and I test positive for covid. Hope to hit some balls this Friday morning even if it’s on a range.

@ttucliffhanger and anyone else how has this adapter worked out for you?

@ttucliffhanger and anyone else how has this adapter worked out for you?
It worked just fine but based on which head you have length could be affected. I have not used one in a hot minute.

I wanted them to be “the answer”, but found the quality lacking, imo.

I wanted them to be “the answer”, but found the quality lacking, imo.
Same experience for me. Wanted them to be the answer. Didn’t pan out.

Back