All things Edel: Irons, wedges, putters.

edelguy

be kind to your swing
Reaction score
Handicap
I started this thread for *all things* Edel.

I couldn't find another thread like this through the search box, but I am new to the forums so @moderators please feel free to shut me down and point me in the right direction.

For those of you on THP playing Edel irons(variable or single length), wedges, and putters, how's it going? Let's talk!

I just bought a set of raw forged cb heads. Excited to get them

I just bought a set of raw forged cb heads. Excited to get them

That's awesome! I actually switched to my irons from a set of Mizuno JPX 900 Forged irons(saw your signature). What made you get these? Are you sticking to 6-GW for irons or replacing some of the hybrids in your bag right now?

We have some pretty exciting things coming up with Edel in 2021 that I think THPers will want to pay attention to.

We have some pretty exciting things coming up with Edel in 2021 that I think THPers will want to pay attention to.

Exciting things from Edel sound....exciting!!! What are we talking about here, contests? Special merch? Please give a little more info if you can? Thank you in advance! I am personally super new to the forum so I have no idea what you mean and don't have context for "exciting things from manufacturers for THP members".

Exciting things from Edel sound....exciting!!! What are we talking about here, contests? Special merch? Please give a little more info if you can? Thank you in advance! I am personally super new to the forum so I have no idea what you mean and don't have context for "exciting things from manufacturers for THP members".

No tips from us just yet, but dig around a bit and you will see a community where we give closer access to the industry and equipment than any place on the internet.

No tips from us just yet, but dig around a bit and you will see a community where we give closer access to the industry and equipment than any place on the internet.

Ah, sounds good. I'm on it! :eek:k:

That's awesome! I actually switched to my irons from a set of Mizuno JPX 900 Forged irons(saw your signature). What made you get these? Are you sticking to 6-GW for irons or replacing some of the hybrids in your bag right now?
I actually got rid of those mizunos many moons ago. Currently playing a set of raw Vega VC-03 irons that I oil quenched. I have a thing for raw irons, so when I see a set, I get them.

I'd personally be interested in getting a side by side comparison for Edel's OL irons vs Cobra's. It would be interesting to see if there is a different approach or two sides of the same coin.

I have a classic Edel putter - notched blade with variable weights and a removable face for 0,1,2 degrees.

I also have an Edel E-1 mallet - regripping it now to see if I will take it for a spin.

Have 3 wedges but have not used them in a while. Pretty fresh.

Last edited:
If @JB says exciting it will be exciting.

That's pretty cool about some possibilities with Edel and THP. I've become interested in some of these smaller brands since being afforded the opportunity to play some KZG irons. Looking forward to this one!

This is good to hear. When I lived in Austin I was fortunate enough to be involved with some good people in the golf community. One of those connections partnered me with a round at Barton Creek with one of Edel's big boys - he was a great guy and I've always looked at Edel in a positive way since. I'm hoping he's involved here - if so I'll reach out. They're a great golf company with an even greater outlook on the game. Their offerings are second to none and I hope they get the exposure they should.

I got fit for an Edel putter many years ago (think it is under the thread Ultimate putting or something) and it was a big change from what I had been using and I saw immediate improvement. Used it without thinking about changing anything (it performed fantastically) until I was lucky enough to get into a THP experience with another OEM.

Used several of their models for about a year and in the last month grabbed the Edel when moving things around in the house and through it back in the round. Had my best putting round in quite a while and decided to put it back in the bag. Don't see it coming out anytime soon.

I actually got rid of those mizunos many moons ago. Currently playing a set of raw Vega VC-03 irons that I oil quenched. I have a thing for raw irons, so when I see a set, I get them.

Show us some pictures when they get here!

I have a classic Edel putter - notched blade with variable weights and a removable face for 0,1,2 degrees.

I also have an Edel E-1 mallet - regripping it now to see if I will take it for a spin.

Have 3 wedges but have not used them in a while. Pretty fresh.

That classic sounds like 🔥! Do you have a picture? Would love to see it.

What is in your daily bag instead of those wedges? I love their wedges.

This is good to hear. When I lived in Austin I was fortunate enough to be involved with some good people in the golf community. One of those connections partnered me with a round at Barton Creek with one of Edel's big boys - he was a great guy and I've always looked at Edel in a positive way since. I'm hoping he's involved here - if so I'll reach out. They're a great golf company with an even greater outlook on the game. Their offerings are second to none and I hope they get the exposure they should.

Was it Neil by any chance? He is so great.

I'd personally be interested in getting a side by side comparison for Edel's OL irons vs Cobra's. It would be interesting to see if there is a different approach or two sides of the same coin.

I tried both and they are pretty different. I don’t know if I’m qualified to give a concise breakdown, but I know Jon from SpargoGolf in RI is more than happy to geek out on that. Hit them up on Instagram or send them an email! The Paderson shaft and Edel heads are just a match made in heaven - obviously that’s intentional. It just feels very very different from the Forged Tec one length irons I tried, which felt more like a traditional iron but shorter. That was still great, but the Edel was just in a league and feel of it’s own. This all sounds so subjective and borderline drinking the kool-aid because of my lack of technical articulation, so I’ll leave it at this

I tried both and they are pretty different. I don’t know if I’m qualified to give a concise breakdown, but I know Jon from SpargoGolf in RI is more than happy to geek out on that. Hit them up on Instagram or send them an email! The Paderson shaft and Edel heads are just a match made in heaven - obviously that’s intentional. It just feels very very different from the Forged Tec one length irons I tried, which felt more like a traditional iron but shorter. That was still great, but the Edel was just in a league and feel of it’s own. This all sounds so subjective and borderline drinking the kool-aid because of my lack of technical articulation, so I’ll leave it at this
That is super interesting because generally speaking the Edel heads don’t differ all that much head to head compared to the Cobra lineup where some big changes were made internally to create proper weighting.

I’ll go a step further and say if I was a betting man, I don’t think Edel will continue to update OL sets. Yagley and team at Cobra have really taken it to the next level and that is hard to compete with.

That is super interesting because generally speaking the Edel heads don’t differ all that much head to head compared to the Cobra lineup where some big changes were made internally to create proper weighting.

I’ll go a step further and say if I was a betting man, I don’t think Edel will continue to update OL sets. Yagley and team at Cobra have really taken it to the next level and that is hard to compete with.

Yeah they are doing some solid work over there at Cobra. I know the approach is very different through. The edel heads don’t differ a lot by design - David Edel talks about this in this video:

Yeah they are doing some solid work over there at Cobra. I know e approach is very different through. The edel heads don’t differ a lot by design - David Edel talks about this in this video:

Seen it a few times and talked with them about it.
No issue with the design, but it does not appear to be keeping up with what we have learned about OL over the last few years.
Glad they work well for some people, that is the most important part.

With that said, I stand by my personal opinion above.

Back