Love it!

I was nervous about Alt shot my first time trying it but it was a blast. I've played the format a couple times with friends and we always seem to have fun but the pressure is real

We do this sometimes for 9 holes in our 2 day MGA tournaments and did it one year on the back 9 for our "hell" side for our Heaven and Hell Tournament. It can be a lot of fun or quite frustrating. My buddy and I have had one in our MGA where we both hit it pretty good and didn't put the other in too much trouble. When we did we made the smart play to just get one in play with a chance to salvage the hole which we did. The other time in the heaven and hell he caught the dreaded S****s. It wasn't very fun watching him hit one from the middle of the fairway and then using our mulligan and proceeding to hit an even worse one. We laugh about it now though.

Only time I've ever played it was at the MC last year. It was a lot of fun. I'd love to try it again, especially if my game was better.

Loved it in the 2013 Morgan Cup. Not something I play a lot of though because generally people want to hit their own ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never played it but I'm game for anything!:cool:

Hmm, thinking back, those exact words have preceded some crazy experiences in my life! 🤣

I love it… And I’m disappointed anytime it is left off of an THP Competition format.

Playing team golf, IMO, is greater than playing for myself. With that said, this is me least favorite format for team golf.
Why? Wouldn’t you say it’s the ultimate team format?

Definitely a fan. We have an alternate shot tournament at my club and it is a lot of fun. Plus we played one of our matches as the first group out and got around in right around 3 hours. It was a lot of fun. It is a different challenge but I enjoyed it. The key is never feeling that you have to apologize to your partner (or have them apologize to you). Nobody is looking to hit bad shots but they happen. Accept it and move on.

yup, it is a fun challenge

I have only played it once and me and my partner @vdubtx played well. Unfortunately, we were up against the unstoppable force of @maxw72 and @Master Yagley

very fun format for nine holes.

Standard Father/Son's in State Championships are alt shot....Have played about 20 of those.

I don't hate it or anything. I have only played it once. I honestly prefer modified alternate shot, especially when playing.

Love it! Especially when you can ham and egg it! It does suck when you don't set your partner up off the tee... @BlueHen2006 knows all about me giving him some tough 2nd shots hahaha, but we figured it out and I got it together, at least I think:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

yea I think we did quite well, especially in our first match ;) #teambluecliff

Yes, I think alternate shot is a great format.

On a side note, I was watching the D1 golf championship a few years ago, and one of the announcers said that, I think it was Alabama, did some warm-up playing a "worst ball". Teams of two, but they had to play the worst shot, not the best.

Back