Amazon beats Netflix to offline movie and TV show streaming

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
My data plan is thankful.

Hopefully netflix jumps on board

I never realized it wasn't an option because I've been able to do it on my HDX tablet since I've owned it. But yeah, that's great news.

Amazon beats Netflix to offline movie and TV show streaming

As a guy who spends a ton of time in hotels with crappy wifi, I can't wait for Netflix to get on board with this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With an upcoming flight or two in the next week, I'm very happy about this one.

That is huge for traveling by myself or with the kids. Would love to see Netflix follow.

Amazon already does it with their music service and it's great. This could be a huge blow if Netflix doesn't get on board too.

My wife has been doing this for a while, it has been a great thing for flights with our daughter as well.

Amazon Prime is an awesome service that happens to come with a great video plan. The video plan just got even better.

Netflix has stated repeatedly that offline viewing isnt going to happen.

I just wish I could get amazon on my apple TV, but I guess I just need to upgrade my after market devices on all my TVs!

Hmm, never really thought to complain about this since I rarely travel these days. I know I'm able to do this with my digital HDX movies, so I just assumed other vendors allowed this. Well good for Amazon. It's a pretty big deal considering free wifi is always terribly slow and will not stream videos/movies well.

Interesting read. I'm wondering if Netflix adamantly denying its going this route combined with the fact it is losing some movie offerings and relying more on its own generated content will drive it into becoming like a "channel" while Amazon moves more into the leader of the space Netflix was before these decisions were made. Amazon doesn't create content at this point does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back