And we have a new player in the DTC market

I see many familiar faces in their lineup. Is this a legit golf company or is it more like one of those Internet t-shirt/skin cream/health drink companies that source a generic product then spin a boutique marketing story about why their generic product is more eco-friendly and sassy than the one sold at Costco?

To be honest I started thinking they'd stolen Takomo's idea but more I looked at the hollow body irons they look so close to the first Sub 70 HB
All the companies order their blanks from the same places.

To be honest I started thinking they'd stolen Takomo's idea but more I looked at the hollow body irons they look so close to the first Sub 70 HB
Sub70 didnt design those irons.

Sub70 didnt design those irons.
It aaaaaaaaaalways fascinates me that there are so many out there that just assume they did.

I’m gonna stick to the brands I know and I'm sure totally exist for irons

Those are very utilitarian looking. I'm sure they might fit some folks needs, but I honestly don't see the point.

This looks like a company a couple college kids created as a school project. Pretty much drop shipping clubs from a blanks distributor with a X and their name lasered onto the clubs.

Those are very utilitarian looking. I'm sure they might fit some folks needs, but I honestly don't see the point.

Because buying golf clubs is too expensive and too complicated.:LOL: Caley solves that with their minimalist design approach. I read that on their website. ;)

I need to know these places, maybe I can start a line........
They're most likely made by Xiamen Jasde Sports Equipment Co. They're a huge player in the golf club market, and make heads for a few well known brands. I was working with them on wedges, before deciding to go with Endo in Japan.

A few grand will get you started with 50 sets or so - custom logos and all.

Because buying golf clubs is too expensive and too complicated.:LOL: Caley solves that with their minimalist design approach. I read that on their website. ;)

You spent more time on their site than I did! I looked at the designs, went "meh", and closed the tab.

You spent more time on their site than I did! I looked at the designs, went "meh", and closed the tab.

I clicked on the Our Story just to see what it said.

I clicked on the Our Story just to see what it said.
It reads as if chatgpt wrote it all for them ha. Throw in a couple generic golf prompts and it spit that out.

Hey guys. Ryan, founder of Caley, here. Happy to see folk coming across Caley for the first time but we have actually been going since late 2018 - around the same time as Sub70. Yes, there are similarities between the DTC golf brands which you have mentioned (as there are with the bigger OEMs too) but the accusation that we are simply slapping our logo on blanks is false. We own all of our own toolings/molds and they are 100% unique to us. Each to their own in regards to whether you like the aesthetic of the clubs and the way we are positioning ourselves as a brand but I would have thought that as golf enthusiasts you would welcome a company which is trying to make high quality golf equipment a bit more affordable - especially during a time when money is tight!

Hey guys. Ryan, founder of Caley, here. Happy to see folk coming across Caley for the first time but we have actually been going since late 2018 - around the same time as Sub70. Yes, there are similarities between the DTC golf brands which you have mentioned (as there are with the bigger OEMs too) but the accusation that we are simply slapping our logo on blanks is false. We own all of our own toolings/molds and they are 100% unique to us. Each to their own in regards to whether you like the aesthetic of the clubs and the way we are positioning ourselves as a brand but I would have thought that as golf enthusiasts you would welcome a company which is trying to make high quality golf equipment a bit more affordable - especially during a time when money is tight!
You are stating that these are all 100% original from CAD and not near net forgings?
Interesting. Now I need to dive in a bit deeper.

To the last part, its easy for golfers that see every single aspect of club design on a community like this, spend time with R&D teams and learn about design to think otherwise when another DTC appears with designs that look similar.

Yes, 100% designed in CAD, toolings made, $$$$$s spent!
View attachment 9182949

To be fair, all clubs are designed by CAD generally speaking. I am specifically asking if they were designed in house. Meaning not from factory or outsourcing.
Fascinating. Diving in deeper now.

To be fair, all clubs are designed by CAD generally speaking. I am specifically asking if they were designed in house. Meaning not from factory or outsourcing.
Fascinating. Diving in deeper now.

It's a collaborative approach between us and our manufacturer's R&D team who have decades of experience and expertise.

As the owner stated to each his own opinion, not my cup of tea as to the looks.

I could see these as a starter set or a child’s set you get them.

It's a collaborative approach between us and our manufacturer's R&D team who have decades of experience and expertise.
Thank you. I had a feeling I was correct with the near net. Makes a ton of sense for any small business to use what is available.
It's why it caught me by surprise with that first post.

Back