Ooooo look at you in here! I know none of this will mean anything to you but I'm still excited that you're in here lol

Top 5 is
1. Dragon Ball Z
2. Attack on Titan
3. Yu Yu Hakusho
4. Demon Slayer
5. My Hero Academia
What? I know every one of those.

I don’t, but will learn

What? I know every one of those.

I don’t, but will learn
Dragon Ball Z is the one that "almost" everyone who doesn't know anime, at least would recognize a character from it. It's like Pikachu...everyone knows Pikachu :ROFLMAO:

Ooooo look at you in here! I know none of this will mean anything to you but I'm still excited that you're in here lol

Top 5 is
1. Dragon Ball Z
2. Attack on Titan
3. Yu Yu Hakusho
4. Demon Slayer
5. My Hero Academia
DBZ #1? Is there a nostalgia angle there? It's just too repetitive to be that high on a list for me.

DBZ #1? Is there a nostalgia angle there? It's just too repetitive to be that high on a list for me.
First anime that I ever watched and got all the way through. It's what got me in to anime in the first place. May be repetitive, but I don't think I'll ever drop it from my #1. I've had way more emotional investment in other animes and had more fun with others. But what DBZ has done for me and anime, it gets my top spot

First anime that I ever watched and got all the way through. It's what got me in to anime in the first place. May be repetitive, but I don't think I'll ever drop it from my #1. I've had way more emotional investment in other animes and had more fun with others. But what DBZ has done for me and anime, it gets my top spot
Yup, makes sense. I figured it was about more than just the show. (y)

I can't remember...Have you watched Bleach, Naruto, Naruto: Shippuden?

Dragon Ball Z is the one that "almost" everyone who doesn't know anime, at least would recognize a character from it. It's like Pikachu...everyone knows Pikachu :ROFLMAO:
I watched Battle of the Planets when I was younger. That was aneem before aneem

Yup, makes sense. I figured it was about more than just the show. (y)

I can't remember...Have you watched Bleach, Naruto, Naruto: Shippuden?
I haven't watched Bleach. Want to. And I've seen Naruto plenty back in the day when it was on like DBZ was on Toonami. But I have never committed to watching it in order. I want to but it's so daunting. I tried to start One Piece and it was the same thing. Got in to it and then just stopped because of the sheer size and time commitment

Top 5 is
1. Dragon Ball Z
2. Attack on Titan
3. Yu Yu Hakusho
4. Demon Slayer
5. My Hero Academia
1: thirty episodes later we finally get a good fight scene

2-5: no idea.

I watched Battle of the Planets when I was younger. That was aneem before aneem
See...you like aneem.

Also reading about it, it looks like it was based on anime already so you've been a part of this way longer than you realized

The beginning of DBZ is bad. Agreed lol

I'm shocked you're in here too

The beginning of DBZ is bad. Agreed lol

I'm shocked you're in here too
And this one isn't even counted in the chrome tabs.

Cartoon Network: Toonami block.

I haven't watched Bleach. Want to. And I've seen Naruto plenty back in the day when it was on like DBZ was on Toonami. But I have never committed to watching it in order. I want to but it's so daunting. I tried to start One Piece and it was the same thing. Got in to it and then just stopped because of the sheer size and time commitment
One Piece is a whole 'nother level hahaha ... my niece started watching it and she's like "tío Shane, guess what episode I'm on" every time we see her. She in the 300s now I think but it seems like she only started a couple months ago.

One Piece is a whole 'nother level hahaha ... my niece started watching it and she's like "tío Shane, guess what episode I'm on" every time we see her. She in the 300s now I think but it seems like she only started a couple months ago.
I got to 40 and gave up for awhile. I start different shows all the time. I got locked in to Hunter x Hunter and then stopped that too. Though I feel like I'll get back to that here soon

hey, it takes 20 episodes to charge up a spirit bomb! :ROFLMAO:

See...you like aneem.

Also reading about it, it looks like it was based on anime already so you've been a part of this way longer than you realized
I’m basically an expert now

I’m basically an expert now
It's 100% more than what you were before you posted about Battle of the Planets. So I'm on board with that

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I think that's why I like Hunter x Hunter so much too. Is it really good or are my glasses too rose tinted? I have no idea.

All the other major mainstream anime are too long for me to start. Although I do remember watching Toonami at night when I'd go to my grandma's house twice a year who had cable and watching the most random episode in the middle of a season of different anime and loving them many years before I ever really got into anime and watched HxH. Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, DBZ, The Big O, Ghost in the Shell, and Naruto all come to mind. I can't tell you about their plots but I can tell you almost too clearly about a specific episode or two of each :ROFLMAO:

I think that's why I like Hunter x Hunter so much too. Is it really good or are my glasses too rose tinted? I have no idea.

All the other major mainstream anime are too long for me to start. Although I do remember watching Toonami at night when I'd go to my grandma's house twice a year who had cable and watching the most random episode in the middle of a season of different anime and loving them many years before I ever really got into anime and watched HxH. Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, DBZ, The Big O, Ghost in the Shell, and Naruto all come to mind. I can't tell you about their plots but I can tell you almost too clearly about a specific episode or two of each :ROFLMAO:
Gundam was the coolest show where I still have no idea what was going on 😂

Gundam was the coolest show where I still have no idea what was going on 😂
I didn't really realize how deep and dark Neon Genesis Evangelion was until years later when I watched it. I thought it was just really similar to Gundam when I was 12 and naive.

I didn't really realize how deep and dark Neon Genesis Evangelion was until years later when I watched it. I thought it was just really similar to Gundam when I was 12 and naive.
that’s one I’ve never heard of but I bet would like after looking it up

that’s one I’ve never heard of but I bet would like after looking it up
From what I've read, it's one of the most divisive anime ever. Many will say it's the best anime of all time, some will say they don't understand the love for it. Kind of like A Space Odyssey 2001.

It's mecha, but very ambiguous and cryptic, with messaging around anxiety, depression, and spirituality. It's interesting reading about what the creator and Japan was going through in the 90's as he was making it, but I had to deep dive into reddit to understand what happened - especially the ending.

From what I've read, it's one of the most divisive anime ever. Many will say it's the best anime of all time, some will say they don't understand the love for it. Kind of like A Space Odyssey 2001.

It's mecha, but very ambiguous and cryptic, with messaging around anxiety, depression, and spirituality. It's interesting reading about what the creator and Japan was going through in the 90's as he was making it, but I had to deep dive into reddit to understand what happened - especially the ending.
It’s kinda crazy, bizarre and overrated. Not necessarily not worth watching but there are a bunch of shows I’d recommend over it

It’s kinda crazy, bizarre and overrated. Not necessarily not worth watching but there are a bunch of shows I’d recommend over it
I do think there were a lot of teens wrestling with the same themes the main character wrestled with (depression, isolation, loneliness, negative self talk, avoidance, etc.) when they watched it, so I understand why they put it on that pedestal. I, however, agree with you.

Back