Anthony Taranto Custom Club Work

I really wish a company would try and replicate what AT is doing. I think it would be something a decent amount of amateurs would be interested in. I am not confident enough to try and stamp my wedges, let alone buy the stuff to make designs in the clubs.

I bet a "silhouette" machine would work. My wife has one for crafts and it can cut intricate designs with the corresponding software.

I've been doing some research and I think the best way for us mere mortals to get this done is using the 3M tape and using a die cut machine to cut designs in the tape. Like you said, you can place any design you want and the software will cut it out for you. I looked at a machine called a CriCut and its relatively inexpensive ($300 or so). The tape can also be stenciled by hand, for less intricate designs.

Note to self, get my wife really into crafts so she wants one of those machines...

I've been doing some research and I think the best way for us mere mortals to get this done is using the 3M tape and using a die cut machine to cut designs in the tape. Like you said, you can place any design you want and the software will cut it out for you. I looked at a machine called a CriCut and its relatively inexpensive ($300 or so). The tape can also be stenciled by hand, for less intricate designs.

Note to self, get my wife really into crafts so she wants one of those machines...

The Silhouette is similar to a CriCut, but more flexible and around the same price. You just load the paper into the machine like a printer, open the file in the software, and tell it to cut. Any of the designs on the AT wedges could be created this way.

You can also get an inexpensive blasting cabinet from Harbor Freight ($200 - more if you need a compressor).

While I'm thinking about it, rather than blasting the wedge, you could create a stencil with a die cut machine and stick the reverse part of the sticker on the wedge and paint the design on.

Silhouette also makes an etching kit. So you'd make your template in vinyl, use the reverse portion of the vinyl sticker, and then apply their chemical to the item and it eats away a little of the material to leave behind your desired image. I'd have to see what the chemical is as I'm not sure if/how well it would work on metal. It does stuff to glass like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

And back to our regularly scheduled AT awesomeness, man this guy is talented and creative!!!
CiOfuy3U4AUHbrh.jpg

You can hit it with a lighter for just a second or two and softener it up.

Not to take away from the AT awesomeness, but just for a second...have you taken a lighter to it? Was it a piece of cake to do? I am not a fan of the green holes.

Not to take away from the AT awesomeness, but just for a second...have you taken a lighter to it? Was it a piece of cake to do? I am not a fan of the green holes.

I've never done it on a wedge but it appears he used a 2 part epoxy which softened when heated. You should then be able to pull it out with a pick or something similar. I did that a lot when I was building fishing rods.

Plus, it's a golf club what's the worst that can happen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really wish a company would try and replicate what AT is doing. I think it would be something a decent amount of amateurs would be interested in. I am not confident enough to try and stamp my wedges, let alone buy the stuff to make designs in the clubs.

People have asked on his instagram and twitter several times about buying his designs, and he has recently been saying that they are working on something that we can buy...that's pretty much the complete answer, nothing about who or how they'd get built/created, but there is hope!

I don't know how he does it but the pro at my course does a few wedges. Next time I'm up there, I'll try to remember to grab a few pics.

I've done it to all of mine. Sometime sharp to get the top layer off and then a little acetone or paint remover and they come right out. Just use a q-tip, it fits in perfectly and swirl it around a bunch. keep using new q-tips until it comes out clean.

There is a little reflective piece under them though, so take that out after the paint comes out and clean under that too.

But to not clutter this thread with that, there has been a lot of discussion in here:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Paint-Fill-Tools/page202&highlight=paint+fill

hmmm so my wife has a silhouette machine that we use for our small side-business making childrens t-shirts. Im fairly certain we've got some vinyl/decal material that could probably hold up to media blasting. i've got some VR forged wedges and a vokey that i think i'll be playing around with here in the near future. Got some ping glides coming in, but not really sure if the design of those leaves much for customization

Oh my...!!!

Can't stop, won't stop

I saw those. That's unreal.

Can't stop, won't stop

Those look punishing :wink:

In all seriousness though, that's just a MEAN look!

Oh my...!!!

That lucky dog.....got the 125's in black??!! Wow. Now that is right up my alley.

That lucky dog.....got the 125's in black??!! Wow. Now that is right up my alley.
JRod was playing the blacks with black recoils they are stunning in person.

All of these finishes look amazing!

Can't stop, won't stop

Oh my.

Very US Open themed, but I'm sure there are a few cowboys fans on here that would also be a fan of the design!

USA, USA, USA!!!
13532782_10208446025821576_950911346637062571_n.jpg

Superman!!!

Met the man himself today, and have a beautiful piece coming.
f19df31b905ae485369b72b22187eaf3.jpg

ed067ce5e082cfe26c4aba5dcd60853d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lucky you!!! That is incredibly awesome, chpar4!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back