Any "preppers" here?

Exactly. The second people get wind that you have stockpiled supplies, you're toast. Having a lot of ammo is all well and good, but if there is an armed mob staring down your door, you're probably not going to make it out alive.

Obviously having some supplies on hand is important, as well as a way of protecting yourself and your family, but to me, mobility is just as critical.

Still hoping Canada will show up though. Don't care if it's by moose, grizzly, or flock of loon.

That's why you have a diversified inventory. Don't put all your eggs in the handgun basket.

That's why you have a diversified inventory. Don't put all your eggs in the handgun basket.
Unfortunately, miniguns aren't an option here in Cali. :bulgy-eyes:

I guess I could make do with Foo Gas. It's fun and would definitely make the hoard question their motivation.

One man with ten guns probably isn't a match for ten men each with their own gun. It's simple math.

Not a scenario I hope anyone ever has to test out.

When it comes to the point that you have to drink your own urine, I am out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have too much golf to play to be wasting my time in prepping...… FORE !!

The vulnerability of our grid is nothing new. Why this hasn't been addressed as a national security issue is beyond me.

Today, our power was out for about half the day. We all lived.

Today, our power was out for about half the day. We all lived.

Yeah, but it was probably touch and go there at the end, right?

One of these days (obviously not sure when)..the overlords are going to wipe out the entire stock market and even fiat money might not be worth much. You can just feel it.

I do have family with land up by the Canadian border, which is probably the harshest climate in (lower 48) America, so that would be the place to be.

I just hope I can get out of the IRAs I'm in at the right time and have a property (or two) and a significant amount of stocked up "prep" for whatever possible calamity might be our way.

I survived Y2K, I think I'll be okay with this.

We are not preppers but as avid outdoorsmen, backpackers, shooting sports enthusiasts, etc, we'd be better off than most.

It’d have to get damn near apocalyptic before we’d notice anything was different here in Appalachia.

Nope, I'd be effed.

If this kind of apocalyptic scenario were to happen, I wonder if I'd have time to walk on as a single at Augusta.

A stream runs through my backyard and I can always boil water with fire.

That is the extent of my preparedness.

A lot of fun being poked her on this topic. I totally understand. What are the odds something like this could actually occur? Who really knows? But actually the odds are at least as high that a solar storm could happen as nukes. But the reality is that most preppers will be no better off than folks totally unprepared. Why? They can't store enough food to last for years and years. They better be able to grow and raise food!! To do this a single family really can't do all the tasks necessary. They will need a small community of friends.

I hope I'm ready for some short-term, likely events like hurricanes, super cold weather, etc.

A lot of fun being poked her on this topic. I totally understand. What are the odds something like this could actually occur? Who really knows? But actually the odds are at least as high that a solar storm could happen as nukes. But the reality is that most preppers will be no better off than folks totally unprepared. Why? They can't store enough food to last for years and years. They better be able to grow and raise food!! To do this a single family really can't do all the tasks necessary. They will need a small community of friends.

I hope I'm ready for some short-term, likely events like hurricanes, super cold weather, etc.

For me it would mean eating lots of fish out of the lake/rivers and shooting lots of mammals large and small. There are over 12,000 lakes here in Minnesota!:act-up:

For some strange reason, people are all of a sudden "prepping" in North America. Ammunition sales have went up quite a bit here lately, to say nothing of daily essentials. :rolleyes:

I was wondering how long it would take to bring this thread back to life :cool:

Can't say I'm a prepper, but I was raised by a guy who grew up in the depression. He always had the basics stocked at the house to support life as we know it for much more than a week at a time. I've followed suit in my own household. Stock when things are on sale and have a good understanding of current weather and or events to be ready to hunker down. I was in a grocery store this week and was entertained by the people who were shopping scared. That and the young woman in front of me who asked the cashier "why is the store so busy?" yup keep up on snap chat honey.

Should American government ever really be trusted with our lives? American government sold us on bringing China into the WTO - doing so wiped out countless small American towns.

Now China produces 97% of the world's pharmaceuticals. The same China has internment camps today for religious/racial minorities.

Back