Any "preppers" here?

Bought enough to stay well fed if there’s any kind of quarantine. No need to freak out and buy 12 dozen rolls of TP

A little prepper of sorts. Just bought some extra food and supplies to cover my family. I certainly don't have a bunker or anything.

Not a prepper but I will say I'm prepared to do what's necessary to keep my family safe. 👿

I could go for over a year with what I have.

Not a full on "bunker prepper" but we will be alright for a while.

Went into Wally today and there was an underlying sense of concern. All the TP was sold out. If anarchy broke out in America the last thing I'd be concerned about is TP. I get they're preparing for stores shutting for while, but still.

I’m all in!

I wonder how many people now realize how little control they have over this shutdown.

A real prepper never tells.

K-fGvOHJS_Qrq6wGmtNVTONpeQj7p79XG42S7U4PnOk.jpg

Not a prepper but I did buy a case(500 shells) of 12 gauge ammunition last week.

I deleted the quoted post to this response - GolferGal

Dumbest thing I've read in weeks, and that's saying something. Congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a prepper but I did buy a case(500 shells) of 12 gauge ammunition last week.
Same here but .556 and 9mm spam cans.
I also got 6 rolls of TP so I'm good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My cousin and I are close friends and since all his kids have left ship he's alone on acres up in Northern MN, and his Internet has been slow lately. I relayed to him mine down here in the Cities is acting real goofy now too.

He responded "all the ventilators in the world won't help when the electricity goes out".

I think it's certainly possible this virus is bio-terrorism. Not stating definitively one way or the other, but I wouldn't rule it out. Could have been some disgruntled incel in a lab that really wanted to "exact his revenge" for all we know. A brutal regime that jails dissidents, throws minorities in concentration camps, harvests body parts and just had its president crown himself King for life is no one to trust.

That said, imagine if the right virus was released in America and a half dozen EMPs went off...madness.

That said, imagine if the right virus was released in America and a half dozen EMPs went off...madness.

All I got to say is, I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four wheel drive.

All I got to say is, I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four wheel drive.

Hopefully a carburetor, too! (y)

My cars definitely don't have a carb, so I'll be sitting in my bunker here smackdab in the middle of the Twin Cities if all hell were to break loose. Unless figure out some way to get up to the border.

While the deaths will be a heavy toll, I believe the economic destruction from this will far outweigh it. 30+% unemployment will be catastrophic.

Hopefully a carburetor, too! (y)

My cars definitely don't have a carb, so I'll be sitting in my bunker here smackdab in the middle of the Twin Cities if all hell were to break loose. Unless figure out some way to get up to the border.

While the deaths will be a heavy toll, I believe the economic destruction from this will far outweigh it. 30+% unemployment will be catastrophic.

Good point. I may need to seek out an old Jeep Commanche.

I am not but I have a father-in-law who is has a couple homes on 250 acres in a very secluded part of Montana. Two planes, airstrip, generators and solar with batteries, 3 years worth of food, trout stream on property, 700 long guns, fuel tanks, and 30,000 rounds of ammunition included. The trick would be getting to Montana. He’s a marine vet who flew F4’s for 3 tours in Vietnam and the right kind of guy to hang out with if WWIII ever happens, heaven forbid.

If I could make it 130 miles north we have a whole home generator and another small generator. We are on well water there, have 2,000 rounds of ammo and soon , because of the crazy Covid reactions by many, at least a few months worth of food supplies. As long as the natural gas supply kept up for the generator we have electricity and could get by for quite some time with all the fish in the lake. My family is currently and mostly hanging out up there until this thing improve and the shelter at home ends. It’s safer with only 29,000 people in the county( 1 Covid case that has already recovered) and only about 4 people currently living within a mile of us. It’s also a nice change of scenery. Sauna, a run, some board games, and lots of games of pool with my son and daughters on deck for today. Can’t wait for the ice to break up which should be in 10 days or less. My current view:

Attachments

• F4D40559-6C2A-4591-91C1-991305DDC106.jpeg
    F4D40559-6C2A-4591-91C1-991305DDC106.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 2
Moderately jarring to go in to grociery store the other day and see empty meat bins. Nver seen anything like thst i can recall in my life. How easily it all disapeared. :(

Moderately jarring to go in to grociery store the other day and see empty meat bins. Nver seen anything like thst i can recall in my life. How easily it all disapeared. :(
It was like that here at the beginning of this crap. It was just starting to get back to normal, but I fear it's going back the other way.

Back