Any "preppers" here?

My wife watches that show, but I just can't, so many holes. I'm going to go into this boarded up building with a gun with no sights, without back up and no overwatch. They can't start a lawnmower with old gas from the previous fall and they've got motor homes running around all over the place? Then that stupid kid with that stupid hat. They should have killed him off years ago.
https://youtu.be/Q9aM9Ch97U8

If the electrical grid goes down it is predicted that 90% of US population will die within the
first year and here is why.

Americans are the worst prepared disaster folks in the world
With all vehicle computers knocked out the grid lock of cars and trucks and RV's will not permit any movement anywhere.
Cell phone systems knock out even those in faraday sheds/metal garbage cans still useless
All pumps gas,toilet, water, sanitation, wells, dams, heat pumps, nuclear plant pumps etc. knocked out
NO showers ( unless gravity solar) No flushing toilets ( unless rain water or tube full for a while) No running anything
( unless a fuelless generator with solar and a full tank of gas to generatate power to generator ( a crank type also may help)
In high rises no elevator , Waste will be thrown out broken windows and pile on sidewalks and cars below ( thousands of pounds of poop)
NO food available unless bardered . No delivery systems including FEMA and RED Cross. (Some chopper drops but few) no planes. except vintage aircraft without computer assisted controls., but no towers no lights once generators ( gas are empty) on runways.
No money exchange No banks No ATMs No operational public restrooms. No laundry, No garbage pick up . No body removal
(OH! don' go in their!!! (Mass cremation or pits ,but bulldozer help or front end loaders to bury millions)
Hospitals, Nursing homes unstaffed and patients dying quickly. No means of care including homecare , medications and most
facilities of care locked down. Most ventilator patients including neonates will die quickly as no bulk gas will be depleated and back up manifolds
of Htanksand E tanks will be empty with zero hope of replacement. Anoneonlife support , renal dialysis , overdoses will die .
Need to protect whatever food or supplies including pet food with many rounds of ammo 9mm pistols hollow points and shotguns recommended or looters will kill you without warning and desperation.
You will not get assistance from anyone unless you formed a network of prepper neighbors as suggested by FEMA.

The grid is vunerable even worldwide via a sun flare ,but if a enemy source can enter the Gulf undetected under a false flag
they could fire two warheads in an atmospheric blast to mimic a EMP one over lets say Kanas and one over Nevada.
The answer to survival rests in preparation ,but that is not going to happen and America will be a waste land for take over
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]by foreign powers because we are complacent, albeit too affluent.[/FONT]

I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive.

I have a solar charger for my phone - I'm good to go :beauty:

If the world goes to poo tomorrow, I will be fine. I know how to hunt, fish, trap, filter my own water and build a shelter. Im also proficient with a firearm, as well as being more than proficient at Akido and Judo.
Im all for being a prepper but no matter how much food or water you stockpile, you still will run out of it eventually and those who dont have survival skills will be screwed anyways.
IMO, prepping is kind of a waste of time because theres a million things that could go wrong that would make your prepping pretty much worthless. To each their own though...

a few thousand rounds in stock, bring it!

I am proud to say that if we get into a situation where preppers will survive, then I'm happy I'll be dead early. First, I don't want to live though such a situation and second, I'm playing the odds that nothing that severe will happen in my lifetime or my children's lifetime.

Some people may not know this about me, but I’m immortal so I’m not worried.

IMO, prepping is kind of a waste of time because theres a million things that could go wrong that would make your prepping pretty much worthless. To each their own though...
Exactly. The second people get wind that you have stockpiled supplies, you're toast. Having a lot of ammo is all well and good, but if there is an armed mob staring down your door, you're probably not going to make it out alive.

Obviously having some supplies on hand is important, as well as a way of protecting yourself and your family, but to me, mobility is just as critical.

Still hoping Canada will show up though. Don't care if it's by moose, grizzly, or flock of loon.

Technology Kills

I guess getting a tee time won’t be too hard.

but... you won't be able to call ahead... :bulgy-eyes:

I was just going to show up. Probably have to use a push mower on the Greens.

youll be ok. Nobody ever gets mad at you folks up North.

I was just going to show up. Probably have to use a push mower on the Greens.

youll be ok. Nobody ever gets mad at you folks up North.

I'm not worried, I live in the forest and have a wood stove, I'll manage for a while

85% of Canada lives within 100 miles of the U.S. border. EMP that is detonated (if not several) will probably cripple them, as well.

Just gotta get on them terrorists to come up with several non nuclear EMP devices.. since that’s a thing that doesn’t really exist at the moment.

85% of Canada lives within 100 miles of the U.S. border. EMP that is detonated (if not several) will probably cripple them, as well.
Doubtful. High altitude EMP discharges will have the greatest coverage range, but the chances of terrorists having access to a functional ICBM are slim to none. And no way will China and/or Russia, or any other nuclear capable nation, launch at us. Land-based detonations will more than likely have a very short EMP range.

At which point, it's cheaper and easier, to conventionally attack power stations to knock the grid offline. A stick of dynamite is cheaper and easier to obtain than a nuclear weapon.

I have a few prepper supplies but not alot. I would have to try to barter golf clubs/golf balls for food, water or other supplies I needed.

If I die like this, I am going to be pissed.

I have a new set of clubs and like 200 golf balls, so I will be good for a while. I know plenty of courses that don't grow grass worth a damn anyway. Guess I will just have to eat leaves and poop in the woods.

I have a new set of clubs and like 200 golf balls, so I will be good for a while. I know plenty of courses that don't grow grass worth a damn anyway. Guess I will just have to eat leaves and poop in the woods.

Change your mind about Valvegas, and we can get some prep in. Well, I mean, I'll use the facilities inside and eat steak and tater tots, but you know, you can poop in the woods and eat leaves if you want.

Everyone should have some level of prep. Think natural disaster. We've lost power for 4 days twice in two years due to ice storms. Changed my mind a bit. I now have enough wood to keep us warm for months, water source and woods and water know how. I also have neighbors I trust and who are as armed as I am.

Everyone should have some level of prep. Think natural disaster. We've lost power for 4 days twice in two years due to ice storms. Changed my mind a bit. I now have enough wood to keep us warm for months, water source and woods and water know how. I also have neighbors I trust and who are as armed as I am.

We lost power for about 4 days in one of the ice storms, and almost 11 in the big one a few years back. That was not fun - we always have extra in the way of bottled water/canned goods/etc in the winter time for that reason. I wouldn't say anything extreme, but enough to get through a week if need be. Family/neighbors in the area have generators, so we have places to go.

We put a 14kw natural gas generator in our new home that we just completed. Not for prepper reasons but because it's a rural area and it's not uncommon for an electrical storm or and ice storm to take power out for a few days or longer. No power means no water since we are on a well. The generator starts automatically once a week and runs for 15 minutes to ensure proper operation. It already kicked in for about 7 hours this summer when the power went out after some high winds did some damage. We had 15 overnight guests at the time so it was damn nice to have electricity!

Back