Any Wii users here?

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
We had picked one up for my oldest stepdaughter for christmas, she was supposed to come up with our grandson today. Anyways she got caught in a ******** lie & didn't show up, my wife was extremely upset because she loves our grandson & wanted to see him. So I said screw it, unwrapped the Wii & will keep it for ourselves.

I was playing a little bit of the bowling & golf, it seems like fun. What the heck is the nunchuk used for? What games do enjoy? I know a few guys at work say Mario Kart is fun. And for your info this is the 1st time I have ever looked at a Wii much less played it.

My wife and I have a Wii and enjoy several games. We recently picked up Wii Sports Resort which is pretty fun. A good family game. A nunchuk is only needed for certain games. For example in the Wii Sports Resort, there is Jet Ski racing which uses the nunchuk, as well as archery. I think on Wii Sports, which it sounds like you've been playing bowling and golf from, there is a boxing game that requires the nunchuk. I also have Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 which is especially handy now during the winter months. Another inexpensive game that I enjoy is Game Party. It has simple bar type games like darts, skee ball, etc. The darts game is particularly fun with a group of players.

My wife and I have a Wii and enjoy several games. We recently picked up Wii Sports Resort which is pretty fun. A good family game. A nunchuk is only needed for certain games. For example in the Wii Sports Resort, there is Jet Ski racing which uses the nunchuk, as well as archery. I think on Wii Sports, which it sounds like you've been playing bowling and golf from, there is a boxing game that requires the nunchuk. I also have Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 which is especially handy now during the winter months. Another inexpensive game that I enjoy is Game Party. It has simple bar type games like darts, skee ball, etc. The darts game is particularly fun with a group of players.

Simple games like darts & skee ball sound like fun, I don't like games which require you to memorize 10 different functions to perform 1 move..ala Wrestling games.

Re: Any Wii users here?

wii bowling pwns all games. ever.

I don't think i've ever laughed that hard in my life. or shattered a tv screen.

We're considering getting a Wii for our house. We want the game that has the driving range a lot of people on here have been raving about.

Simple games like darts & skee ball sound like fun, I don't like games which require you to memorize 10 different functions to perform 1 move..ala Wrestling games.

+1. Darts is great. Pinball absolutely rocks. Exactly like the games I played in bars. We and Bocce and shuffleboard on one disc and they're really fun. We played Bocce for three hours on New Year's Eve. Look for discs that have a number of games on them from the olden days. Things you did/do at bbq's and in bars.

I stink at everything else, I rule on those. Again, pinball is amazing, Pinbot, Gorgon, Firepower, Black Knight, and some others. It's called Pinball Hall of Fame, The Williams collection.

Kevin

Re: Any Wii users here?

wii sports has golf, tennis, bowling,etc. it's hilarious.

I have a TW game too. I like TW on playstation better.

Wii is a great family console. I have that and a PS3 and I tend to play the Wii more just because it is much easier to pickup and play. Both Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort will keep you busy. TW10 is a new experience. If you've ever been to either Disney parks and rode on a ride called Toy Story Mania they have a game on the Wii that is the same exact replica (without rotating cart) as the one in the parks (and some extra levels too).

Wii is a great family console. I have that and a PS3 and I tend to play the Wii more just because it is much easier to pickup and play. Both Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort will keep you busy. TW10 is a new experience. If you've ever been to either Disney parks and rode on a ride called Toy Story Mania they have a game on the Wii that is the same exact replica (without rotating cart) as the one in the parks (and some extra levels too).

We have the same two game consoles, but my boys prefer the PS3 over the Wii. They only have a couple of games for the Wii (Guitar Hero, Wii Sports and Olympics), but quite a few PS3 games.

I don't play games very often, but will join them on Wii Sports when I'm bored.

We bought a Wii for our daughters last Christmas, the disc that comes with it is pretty fun. For a good workout pick up Outdoor Games, it comes with a pad you put on the ground, it has canoing, mountain climbing and a couple of running games on it.

I have a Wii and a XBOX360 console. I tend to play the XBOX360 more but the Wii is a great family console. games we play include Mario Cart Wii Sports Wii Fit Wii Fit + TW10. another good thing about the Wii is the game selection they have tons of games. enjoy it.

We've had a Wii for a while now, and it's really lots of fun for the family.

Dyna - you'll need the nunchuck for the boxing, on the original disc, and lots of other activities later on.

My favorites are the Resort, Rapala Fishing, Cabela's Hunting and TW Golf 09. The girls love just about anything, Twerpy likes to jump around, and do the wiggly games, Mrs Gummi likes the classics, we found her a copy of Super Mario Brothers and she's had so much fun with that.

Am I the only person left in the world who doesn't play video games?!?!

Mario Kart is where its at!

Mario Party is like a board game with a lot of simple mini games that can be fun on a rainy day.

Bowling rocks of course. But you probably know that by now.

We're considering getting a Wii for our house. We want the game that has the driving range a lot of people on here have been raving about.

Haven't seen that onem, will look it up.

We bought a Wii for our daughters last Christmas, the disc that comes with it is pretty fun. For a good workout pick up Outdoor Games, it comes with a pad you put on the ground, it has canoing, mountain climbing and a couple of running games on it.

Thanks for the recommendation on Outdoor sports

We've had a Wii for a while now, and it's really lots of fun for the family.

Dyna - you'll need the nunchuck for the boxing, on the original disc, and lots of other activities later on.

My favorites are the Resort, Rapala Fishing, Cabela's Hunting and TW Golf 09. The girls love just about anything, Twerpy likes to jump around, and do the wiggly games, Mrs Gummi likes the classics, we found her a copy of Super Mario Brothers and she's had so much fun with that.

Super Mario Brothers would be awesome. I recall paying $65 for the original version when it first came out, was practically impossible to find & when you did the price was up there. My 1st wife & I spent many many hrs playing that game.

What about anything like Need for Speed? Are those even available? I have 3-4 of those for my PS2 & enjoy them along with the Road Rasg series.

I have Need For Speed-Pro Street. Its cool because in the drag races you are shifting by pulling up on the controller, if you miss time it you're gonna lose.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

The new Super Mario Bros is pretty awesome. I don't really like playing video games, but this me takes me back to my youth a little. There are a lot of similarities to the original NES version, with the modern day touches of course. If we could only get through world 8. 1-7 were a breeze, 8 will take some time.

...this me takes me back to my youth a little. There are a lot of similarities to the original NES version, with the modern day touches of course.

At least we didn't have to blow on the CD to get it to work. :D

My parents bought a Wii shortly after X-Mas and its pretty cool. The golf and bowling are fun, but my fav is the tennis.
Ive seriously considered buying NHL 2K10 and playing it when Im at my parents' place...LOL. If noting else it would be an excuse for me to visit more often.

Haven't seen that onem, will look it up.

Thanks for the recommendation on Outdoor sports

Super Mario Brothers would be awesome. I recall paying $65 for the original version when it first came out, was practically impossible to find & when you did the price was up there. My 1st wife & I spent many many hrs playing that game.

What about anything like Need for Speed? Are those even available? I have 3-4 of those for my PS2 & enjoy them along with the Road Rasg series.

I have a PS3 and a Wii. Super Mario Brothers Wii is a great game. It is almost identicle to the original on Nintendo but with better graphics and has a "newer" feel to it. Need for speed is great too. If you liked them on the PS2 you will love it on the PS3 or Wii. It is harder on the Wii though. All the Game Party games are very similiar. Be careful when you buy those because out the of 12-15 games on them, usually 8-9 are the same thing. You can end up having three games that only feature a couple different games each. We got the Wii Fit for Christmas. It will work your tail off if you do it correctly and its fun at the same time. I hate treadmills and stair step machines so working out and enjoying it while trying to beat my fiance in a game is great. You made a good decision...the kids can always play when they come over...

I have Need For Speed-Pro Street. Its cool because in the drag races you are shifting by pulling up on the controller, if you miss time it you're gonna lose.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I have Pro Street, Undercover, Carbon, and now Shift...Love the Need for Speed series. Shift is absolutely awesome in my opinion...

I have Pro Street, Undercover, Carbon, and now Shift...Love the Need for Speed series. Shift is absolutely awesome in my opinion...

I would not have thought a person with the screen name Stroker Ace would be interested in driving/racing games.

Kevin

Back