what type are you brewing?
Today we’re going with whatever was left in my house... gonna be a APA I’ve pretty much brewed before.

Something balanced, not to bitter and not too strong maybe 5.5% ABV. Maybe a bit less

Today we’re going with whatever was left in my house... gonna be a APA I’ve pretty much brewed before.

Something balanced, not to bitter and not too strong maybe 5.5% ABV. Maybe a bit less
If you ever want to trade some recipe notes, let me know. Now that I am almost done with my outdoor home renovations, I think I am going to hop back into making a few beers this winter.

If you ever want to trade some recipe notes, let me know. Now that I am almost done with my outdoor home renovations, I think I am going to hop back into making a few beers this winter.
Absolutely, I'm not much of a recipe snob. I generally do different beers each time but I do have one peanut butter porter that's freaking legit.

Here was my 10 gallon setup. I brewed about 200 gallons of all-grain beer a year for 15 years and then went pro. What a great hobby!

Attachments

• 86DE4674-722D-4919-B58A-CD3EFA2155CD.jpeg
    86DE4674-722D-4919-B58A-CD3EFA2155CD.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 6
I tried homebrew once, but didn't swallow.

Just for legal clarification I am referring to going through with the homebrew and not the still LMAO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
makes one wonder about regulations....If you make something for your own consumption, should not be a problem. I guess that's why they call them "Revenuers". IRS gots to get their taxes. Same for cigarettes and gasoline, some agency gots their paws into it. We are lucky they don't tax home made ice cream or sody pop.

Here was my 10 gallon setup. I brewed about 200 gallons of all-grain beer a year for 15 years and then went pro. What a great hobby!
200 GAL a year is a pretty damn serious hobby. Glad you went pro!

I've been doing BIAB full grain for last few years and have enjoyed it. I've never brewed with a more traditional 3 vessel setup. Have you ever tried a BIAB set up, what differences did you notice? I get decent mash efficiency and I like simplicity of it.

I home brew although the past few years mostly for holidays and family get together a. I did 3 beers for my best friends wedding reception a couple years ago that were epic. Great hobby.

Disappointed there is not some sort of eggplant in it :ROFLMAO:👊

I made wine and moonshine this year. Does that count?

200 GAL a year is a pretty damn serious hobby. Glad you went pro!

I've been doing BIAB full grain for last few years and have enjoyed it. I've never brewed with a more traditional 3 vessel setup. Have you ever tried a BIAB set up, what differences did you notice? I get decent mash efficiency and I like simplicity of it.

After my first extract-only brews I started steeping grain, which is basically biab. I bought larger bags until I knew (for me)it was time to go all-grain. I built one of those zappap mash tuns by drilling about a thousand holes in the bottom of a 5 gallon plastic bucket. I should’ve drilled it in the garage because it took me days to get those little curly plastic pieces out of the carpet!

I used the bucket once, sold it for $5, passed on the converted beer cooler mash tun system, and built the gravity system in my pic. What an easy and great system.

I never worried about efficiency back then. If I didn’t hit my gravity I just put in a little more grain next time.

All that said, there is nothing wrong with biab. If it works for you, great!

That looks like a ton of fun. You going the brew in a bag route?
Yeah I've been doing full grain BIAB for a few years now. I'm pretty lazy so this is a good balance of ease and quality. I don't think I lose much mash efficiency over 3 kettle option.

I also home brew using the BIAB method. I started about 12 years ago using extracts but "graduated" to all grain about 5 years ago. I usually do a 7 gallon batch because that's how much my conical will hold. Summer beer is a clone of the Brew Dog Hazy Jane and winter we like their Cocoa Psycho (chocolate coffee stout).

Back