Anyone trying different wedge set up in 2024?

I'm always trying new things that are a little different. Not loft really. I keep that pretty much the same. Last year started with Jaws Raw 54/10S and 60/08Z. Then RTX6 Raw 54/Mid and 60/Low. Then Snakebites 54 & 60 Versatile. Have MG4 54/11 and 60/08 in the bag right now.

About to put together these though

1000053333.jpg

so I'll be 50, 54, 58 for a bit. Which will be a little different. And they have kind of a wide S grind so he has some room to custom grind them. That'll be a little different too.

I am.

Moving away from my 50/54/58 that I have rolled with for years and going 52/56.

The gapping will work better with my set wedges, and the grinds are going to offer me more versatility.

New grinds & offset, TEE Wingman wedges came late in last season so hopefully adding a 60 to 50 & 54 S/D grind

I am.

Moving away from my 50/54/58 that I have rolled with for years and going 52/56.

The gapping will work better with my set wedges, and the grinds are going to offer me more versatility.
That is what I’m thinking. I never need 58, it spins too much and 52 would give better gapping. Thanks

50/54/58, dropping the 60°. More bounce in the 58, and different grinds in the 50/54.

43, 50, 54, 60 -> 42, 46, 54, 58

That is what I’m thinking. I never need 58, it spins too much and 52 would give better gapping. Thanks
Im excited to move back to it. I went 52/56 for so long, and loved it, so glad to get back to it.

I need to nail down my irons for the year so I can set my wedges. If I keep the Forged Tec X in the bag this year (highly unlikely) then I will be going Edison 46/52/58 wedges

Possibly going back to a 58º from 60º.

I stuck with my 54° / 58° setup for this year, I'm comfortable with it and it's working well enough for me.

I would benefit from a refresh of my wedges, but also adjusting the lofts to have better gapping from PW to GW. Not sure if I will though.

I would benefit from a refresh of my wedges, but also adjusting the lofts to have better gapping from PW to GW. Not sure if I will though.
That's exactly what I am doing.

Gapping off my set wedges to my traditional wedges. Im excited about it.

My Artisan Wedges do everything I want.

Custom grinds in 50, 55, 59

No change here.

Last edited:
I guess you could say that! I'm going with a set GW (11i) this year and dropping my 52. Will be the first time I've EVER used a set wedge but it's always been for a full swing. So with the Apex CBs being 11i instead of GW, I thought no better time!

I guess you could say that! I'm going with a set GW (11i) this year and dropping my 52. Will be the first time I've EVER used a set wedge but it's always been for a full swing. So with the Apex CBs being 11i instead of GW, I thought no better time!
11i FTW!

I need some 10 and 11 irons!

That's exactly what I am doing.

Gapping off my set wedges to my traditional wedges. Im excited about it.
Right now I have a 20 yard gap that I need to solve for according to my Shot Scope stats. Everything is pretty closely in line.

Last year I went 43,48,52,56. This year I'm dropping a wedge and going 46,52,58. I usually play a full grind with mid bounce in my PW,GW, and SW and a low bounce in the LW as I like to manipulate the face on my LW and like the leading edge to sit tight to the turf.

I'm finding as I age I need more help at the top of the bag rather than the bottom hence dropping a wedge and adding a headcover!

I will have a 50-54-58 in the bag now. A slight adjustment from the 52-55-58.

Im going back to 54/58 for the first time in a looooooong time. With working on Grieve’s short game technique, those lofts make way more sense in their versatility for me.

Sticking with 54 and 58. It works for me.

I only carry 13 clubs tho so I am thinking of putting a low bounce wedge in the bag.

I've pretty consistently been either 54°/58° or 52°/56°/60° based on the rest of my bag and if the 4H or 5W or both are in the bag. However, for a couple of rounds here in late December, I went 54°/60° and I think I am going to stick with that setup.

Nothing substantial. I may strengthen my 50 to 48 or 49 to get the gapping a bit better. If I did that I would move my 54 to 53. Small changes but the couple of yards can make a difference. The other thing I may do is try some graphite shafts in my 54 and 58. I have graphite in everything else. I don't have any issues really with the shafts but am interested in trying it out.

In terms of lofts or grinds ? I’m thinking of different set up.
The desert won a few too many matches against my wedges. Its time for something new, which probably means some different grinds. Not sure what yet.

Back