Anyone up for golf in Orlando n Jan 21 or 22?

chewie69

Reaction score
Handicap
I will be at a Podiatry conference in Orlando Jan 18-22. I should be done on Sat the 21st about 2pm if anyone wants to get together for 9 holes and drinks. I would also be up for playing 18 Sunday morning, then head back to Atlanta afterwards.

I'm up for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good. I will let you decide where and when since you live there. Looking forward to it!

Count me in

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Sounds good. I will let you decide where and when since you live there. Looking forward to it!

I live across the state, but am always up for a trip over to Orlando for a round.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

If we play on saturday afternoon I would reccomend playing somewhere off the beaten path, playing at 2 will put you right on the edge of finishing your round, if its backed up at all, you wont' get it done.

Sunday morning I'm open for anything

If we play on saturday afternoon I would reccomend playing somewhere off the beaten path, playing at 2 will put you right on the edge of finishing your round, if its backed up at all, you wont' get it done.

Sunday morning I'm open for anything

Ditto to this.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I am up for both, but will probably not know if I can cut out early on sat until Friday afternoon. I will try to get out by noon. Otherwise, we will do what we can, and I will let you guys pick the courses, especially or Sunday.

I'm in.

Nervous, any input on where you want to play

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Ok, I was searching the Internet a little and here are a few suggestions, without knowing what everyone's budget is. I am open to anything, since I know we will have a blast no matter where we play, just trying to help.

Southern dunes

Championsgate

Harmony golf preserve

As for a Saturday 9, I open to anything after 1 or 2. Is there anything in the area that has lights, so it doesn't matter what time it is.

I wouldn't mind playing Grand Cypress. I assume chewie's conference is down near the convention center, and GC is pretty close to there.
http://www.grandcypress.com/

Also Grand Pines is in the area ... a course I haven't played before
http://www.marriottgolf.com/leisure/golf-courses/grande-pines-golf-club

I heard Orange County National is in good shape but its a bit on the west side of Orlando
http://www.ocngolf.com

I am definitely up for Grand Cypress, since I will be going there for demo days in May. I would love to play the new course if we could.

Chewie ... we must have been writing at the same time ... I wouldn't mind any of the courses you posted either. I've played all over the city and am just as comfortable at a dirt track or at Ritz Carlton.

I just figure if I am down there I would like to play something where we would all have a blast. For sat afternoon, I don't care where we go as I will not have swung a club in a week, due to conferences.

Grand Cypress is always good ... even when I'm not.

Ok, I was searching the Internet a little and here are a few suggestions, without knowing what everyone's budget is. I am open to anything, since I know we will have a blast no matter where we play, just trying to help.

Southern dunes

Championsgate

Harmony golf preserve

As for a Saturday 9, I open to anything after 1 or 2. Is there anything in the area that has lights, so it doesn't matter what time it is.

Southern dunes is 45mins from Orlando. Harmony is also 45 mins on the southern end of Orlando. Championsgate is 15 from disney and 25 from convention center

Grand Cypress is always a great choice. I like Championsgate, but they ask too much imo. Not as nice when I played it as GC, but charges as much during the winter I believe. I like Southern Dunes, but like Tadashi said its probably the opposite direction you want to be headed. Another option would be MIssion Inn, I've never played there but have heard great things, and their rates are really reasonable for this time of the year. It is northwest of Orlando, near the Turnpike, so you could just jump on the turnpike when you leave and head home. I've never played OCN, but it is near the top of my list of places I need to get to. If their range is a fair representation of the course then wow.

I am sure whatever you Florida guys decide will be awesome. Just let me know, and I look forward to meeting you guys.

Hey guys. Well, thanks to so scheduling and corporte dropping the ball, I will now not be having to come to Orlando. Originally I neede to come because they were adding North Florida to my GA territory, but now they are sending there in house foot an ankle guy to the conference, because they have been dragging their feet on some things. The good news is, I still get North Florida and all the leads generated from the conference, I just have to be elsewhere, and I do not have to expense the trip now. The worst part is that I was really loking forward to golfing with you guys, and hopefully this does not mess up anyone's plans. I will probably still have to come to Florida for a couple days in the next few months, so hopefully we can get together then. Again, Sorry.

Thought I would resurrect this thread given that there are a few Floridians posted on it. I am heading to Orlando for the first 2 weeks in April and looking for local advice on the best deals/courses, we are staying in Universal Boulevard right next to Shingle Creek.

Cheers

Back