Anyone watch Speedgolfrob?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
I have no doubt there will be many who say they can’t stand the yelling, and I get that, but when you get past that, marooch, you get some of the most fundamental teaching out there.

For those that don’t know Rob, he is a two time speed golf world champion and an instructor. He is wild. Loud. Bold. Not to mention simply out of left field with his visuals, while always having things rooted in sound instruction.

I quite enjoy the simplicity of guys like Rob and Jake Hutt who are bringing things in small doses, focused on fundamentals. But, as I said, Rob is LOUD.

Anyone watch any of his stuff?

I have no doubt there will be many who say they can’t stand the yelling, and I get that, but when you get past that, marooch, you get some of the most fundamental teaching out there.

For those that don’t know Rob, he is a two time speed golf world champion and an instructor. He is wild. Loud. Bold. Not to mention simply out of left field with his visuals, while always having things rooted in sound instruction.

I quite enjoy the simplicity of guys like Rob and Jake Hutt who are bringing things in small doses, focused on fundamentals. But, as I said, Rob is LOUD.

Anyone watch any of his stuff?
I was just watching a bunch of his videos! His methods are annoying but if you filter past it the message is good!

• Staff
I was just watching a bunch of his videos! His methods are annoying but if you filter past it the message is good!
He’s SO LOUD MAROOCH! 🤣

But it’s all SO sound. He’s also lauded by other instructors which is pretty cool.

• Staff
I’m also pretty sure what’s more crazy to me is he’s a golfing machine guy, but doesn’t let people get stuck in the muck and mire of the complexity that can come with.

He’s SO LOUD MAROOCH! 🤣

But it’s all SO sound. He’s also lauded by other instructors which is pretty cool.
I mean he makes more solid swings in fishing slicks and Wellies than I don’t completely unencumbered..

• Staff
I mean he makes more solid swings in fishing slicks and Wellies than I don’t completely unencumbered..
Fact. I too feel this. Hahaha

Give that guy a Ping G425Max and he might give the Hammer X driver guy a run for his money! 😂

Fact. I too feel this. Hahaha
He is another version of Jake Hutt. Unique method of teaching sound principles. I like it.

• Staff
He is another version of Jake Hutt. Unique method of teaching sound principles. I like it.
My two favorites, them and AMG, and I’m set.

AMG is SUPER technical.
Not really imo. They’re super straight forward and real about what actually happens in the swing, like simply lowering the arms in the downswing.

He’s so much fun to watch, and amidst the yelling and ambient noise is usually some gems of advice.

He’s so much fun to watch, and amidst the yelling and ambient noise is usually some gems of advice.
SO many good lessons.

Not really imo. They’re super straight forward and real about what actually happens in the swing, like simply lowering the arms in the downswing.
I see that as technical. It’s not feel, it’s reality. Plus all the anatomical breakdown

I see that as technical. It’s not feel, it’s reality. Plus all the anatomical breakdown
They’re not throwing P-whatever’s out there, and for the anatomical aspect it’s simply visuals showing that the thing we feel, aren’t real.

They’re not throwing P-whatever’s out there, and for the anatomical aspect it’s simply visuals showing that the thing we feel, aren’t real.
Yeah. I like it. Maybe what I consider technical is just more reality vs feels.

Yeah. I like it. Maybe what I consider technical is just more reality vs feels.
For me technical is all the crazy get the P5 wangdoodle into the P7 snozzdangle and such 🤣

For me is all the crazy get the P5 wangdoodle into the P7 snozzdangle and such 🤣
Yeah. That gets out. I am not a golf machine fan.

Yeah. That gets out. I am not a golf machine fan.
The funny thing is, that’s why I like Rob. He is a big golf machine guy, but he doesn’t confuse you with that stuff.

Yes Marooooch!
Love his stuff.

Loud? Abrasive? Easy to understand? Yes to all!

Why not find a good swing coach to work with in person.Instead of finding YouTube shorts that may help or could hurt your swing

Why not find a good swing coach to work with in person.Instead of finding YouTube shorts that may help or could hurt your swing
Why not both? You know it doesn’t have to be one or the other, right? Can get instruction, and still enjoy that there are some AMAZING instructors also putting out great content for those who don’t have access or can’t afford it.

Most of the time I can barely hear him through the 60mph winds his videos are usually filmed in. It’s hilarious to me. But yes solid advice when I can understand lol

Insert stop trying to make 'fetch' happen gif.
WTH is a marooch

Getting past the boldness, I do like his stone throwing videos getting inside.

I cannot relax and obsess over my swing with all that noise.

Back