Review Arccos Caddie Link Review

Attempted to play a round yesterday with the Link on my belt and covered by a 1/4 zip. Only shot it was picking up was driver so I had to move it to the outside of my left pants pocket. A little annoying considering phone works in a pants pocket. Speaking of that has anyone tried it in a pocket? 🤔

Attempted to play a round yesterday with the Link on my belt and covered by a 1/4 zip. Only shot it was picking up was driver so I had to move it to the outside of my left pants pocket. A little annoying considering phone works in a pants pocket. Speaking of that has anyone tried it in a pocket? 🤔
I have, yeah. The link is good through some 1/4 zips and not through more thick ones. The same goes for pants. The worst performance came from rain gear.

I have, yeah. The link is good through some 1/4 zips and not through more thick ones. The same goes for pants. The worst performance came from rain gear.
I don’t play much in rain but didn’t even think of that. I wonder if phone works in that situation? Overall I’ve been pretty happy with the performance though.

I don’t play much in rain but didn’t even think of that. I wonder if phone works in that situation? Overall I’ve been pretty happy with the performance though.
It does because it isn’t under that thick, noisy material.

Phone works in rain gear

@Molten I just charged mine for the first time since the firmware update a few days ago, and guess what? It turned off when I unplugged it

@Molten I just charged mine for the first time since the firmware update a few days ago, and guess what? It turned off when I unplugged it
Best thing in the world!

How long does the firmware update take? I just received the link today and am trying to figure out how to update it or verify that it is on the latest firmware. It is on a solid red light which should equate to a updating firmware.

How long does the firmware update take? I just received the link today and am trying to figure out how to update it or verify that it is on the latest firmware. It is on a solid red light which should equate to a updating firmware.
The firmware progress is trackable in the app I think. It’s pretty quick, maybe a few minutes?

The firmware progress is trackable in the app I think. It’s pretty quick, maybe a few minutes?
Thanks. I tried looking on their website, but didn't find anything informative. The only article involving firmware was how to proceed from a failed update. I am looking forward to not having to play with my phone in my pocket.

Just got my link in the mail Friday. Taking it out for it's maiden journey.
IMG_20201107_085434.jpg

Last edited:
My last two rounds the link was not registering shots. I ended the round and restarted and it worked fine. Anyone else experience this? (I'm on an Android phone)

I am missing shots each round. I had a hard time getting the link to work today with heavy cloud cover. I am missing shots when it is clipped in my pocket or clipped to my belt.

I am missing shots each round. I had a hard time getting the link to work today with heavy cloud cover. I am missing shots when it is clipped in my pocket or clipped to my belt.
Is it the same clubs? Or type of shot?

Is it the same clubs? Or type of shot?

It is a mix of tee shots and approach shots. It did the same thing today and it was clear out no clouds.

It is a mix of tee shots and approach shots. It did the same thing today and it was clear out no clouds.
That’s real strange - I definitely haven’t seen that problem when the device isn’t covered. I still see a lot of incorrect number of putts and some extra wedges when I drop them around the green but almost never full shots.

That’s real strange - I definitely haven’t seen that problem when the device isn’t covered. I still see a lot of incorrect number of putts and some extra wedges when I drop them around the green but almost never full shots.

I kept it clipped on my pocket today also. Maybe I need to see if it needing an update. I do have a habit of holding my hand on the end of the grip I wonder it the sensor doesn't pick up when i am ready to hit?

So, for all of you who have used the Link, do you feel it is worth the price, at full price? It never has bothered me to have a phone in my pocket and I like the screen size when looking at the GPS features, such as hazard carry.

So, for all of you who have used the Link, do you feel it is worth the price, at full price? It never has bothered me to have a phone in my pocket and I like the screen size when looking at the GPS features, such as hazard carry.
Ummmmmm, no probably not in the instance you describe. It’s as effective as the phone and your only benefit would be the better battery life and the button to mark the pin.

Quick review

I've got 2 rounds with the Link under my belt now and already have some thoughts on it.

On the pro side, its definitely more handy than having the phone in my pocket, which is exactly what I wanted it for. While like @Tenputt, I didn't mind the phone in my pocket, for some reason I had a habit of dialing emergency services while play. And by habit, I mean it happened to me 4 times this year. I am not sure why but for some reason my phone seems to think a good solid drive is something to be alarmed about and called the authorities. Frankly, I think my phone is just being a bit of a dick because lets face it, calling out when I hit a solid drive as a "what the f' just happened, call a firetruck" moment is a dick move.

I do like the ability to keep the phone in the cart or in my push cart to leave it charged if I need to. I still get to use it if I want any GPS features which is nice but when I am ready to swing, I don't want to have to deal with it. And this fits it to a tee. Not to mention, I was tired of my leg vibrating like a chipmunk in heat in the middle of my downswing which happened far more times than I care to admit. Or worse, when my phone would ring and it would be the cops calling me back after my dick of a phone decided to spill the beans ( see above ).

While using my phone, I would miss some shots probably because of sound muffling which is another reason why I wanted the link. Something lighter that I could clip on was right up the alley. For that, the link was great. I don't think I missed any non putt shots ( more on the putting in a second ).

Now on to the things I don't like, and there are really only 2:

First, I seem to have traded missed fairway/tee shots for missed putts. Any putt less than 3 feet it seemed to miss. I am not sure if because I was on courses with fast greens and I was just barely tapping the ball or if it was because I wasn't providing much motion in my putts but something was causing it to miss the tap ins which, frankly, I had far to many of in the last 2 rounds.

Second, and this is probably more me than the link. For the love of all things holy, I cannot remember to click the button to identify the hole position. And when I did, it had a 50% record of actually working. I need to read up more and for full disclosure, I might be doing something wrong but after all it is just a frigin button right? I'll do a bit of research and see if I can figure out 1) That I know how it works and 2) find a way to remember to hit the damn thing.

Overall I am happy with it. The two issues aren't that big and aren't that different from having the phone in my pocket but it gets me a lighter weight solution that free's up the phone for other things. Like being a dick to me.

Based on my limited experience (2 rounds), it seems to work well as long as I’m not wearing a jacket. I’m guessing the extra noise doesn’t bode well.

Quick review

I've got 2 rounds with the Link under my belt now and already have some thoughts on it.

On the pro side, its definitely more handy than having the phone in my pocket, which is exactly what I wanted it for. While like @Tenputt, I didn't mind the phone in my pocket, for some reason I had a habit of dialing emergency services while play. And by habit, I mean it happened to me 4 times this year. I am not sure why but for some reason my phone seems to think a good solid drive is something to be alarmed about and called the authorities. Frankly, I think my phone is just being a bit of a dick because lets face it, calling out when I hit a solid drive as a "what the f' just happened, call a firetruck" moment is a dick move.

I do like the ability to keep the phone in the cart or in my push cart to leave it charged if I need to. I still get to use it if I want any GPS features which is nice but when I am ready to swing, I don't want to have to deal with it. And this fits it to a tee. Not to mention, I was tired of my leg vibrating like a chipmunk in heat in the middle of my downswing which happened far more times than I care to admit. Or worse, when my phone would ring and it would be the cops calling me back after my dick of a phone decided to spill the beans ( see above ).

While using my phone, I would miss some shots probably because of sound muffling which is another reason why I wanted the link. Something lighter that I could clip on was right up the alley. For that, the link was great. I don't think I missed any non putt shots ( more on the putting in a second ).

Now on to the things I don't like, and there are really only 2:

First, I seem to have traded missed fairway/tee shots for missed putts. Any putt less than 3 feet it seemed to miss. I am not sure if because I was on courses with fast greens and I was just barely tapping the ball or if it was because I wasn't providing much motion in my putts but something was causing it to miss the tap ins which, frankly, I had far to many of in the last 2 rounds.

Second, and this is probably more me than the link. For the love of all things holy, I cannot remember to click the button to identify the hole position. And when I did, it had a 50% record of actually working. I need to read up more and for full disclosure, I might be doing something wrong but after all it is just a frigin button right? I'll do a bit of research and see if I can figure out 1) That I know how it works and 2) find a way to remember to hit the damn thing.

Overall I am happy with it. The two issues aren't that big and aren't that different from having the phone in my pocket but it gets me a lighter weight solution that free's up the phone for other things. Like being a dick to me.
I had a lot worse experience with putts at first, and also missed normal shots occasionally (which never occurred with the phone). I found the Link is more sensitive to placement than the phone, I would guess the microphone is not as sensitive. For me, clipped on my left pocket opening was bad, but moving it to the left side of my belt fixed all my issues. I have heard a couple people that are the opposite. I think it is probably related to body proportions, and how it affects the relative position of the Link to the club sensors.

All that to say, try moving it around and see if it fixes the putts

Oh and about the button, you kinda gotta press it really hard. I've had trouble with that too

At full price no I would just use the phone. I do like leaving the phone in the cart though.

With the glitches I've seen I'm still happy at the pre-order price but not sure I would buy at the full price. I do like the simplicity of marking flags and the ability to use my phone for playing MP3s but not sure that's enough to warrant the full price

Back