Are you an early AM crack of dawn type of player?

Last weekend I had a 6:08am tee time. I got there a little early, the twosome I was supposed to be playing with hadn't checked in yet, and the starter let me go off as a single. I was right behind the two guys who tee off in the dark and pay when they're done with their round. I never caught them (they play *fast*) but was done with my round by 8:30am. I'll be doing more of that for sure.

Early tee times for me. Living in the desert means it's best to play as early as possible especially in the summer months. My tee times are usually about 6AM.

Early tee times...

Pros:
Done by Noon
1st off means no waiting; not 1st off means you can read the breaks in the dew from players in front
In Summer, you beat the heat
In Winter, you beat the darkness
Time for an E-9 or another whole round
Usually less wind in the AM

Cons:
I hate dew on the greens
I like drinking while I play, but can't get into a drinking mood that early - ditto my cigars
I'm tight as a Nun for at least the first 9 holes

I guess I've listed more Pro's than Con's, but I'll take a late morning or early afternoon tee time any day.

Yea we like to get out around 10:15ish to get our rounds started. We were starting at 11:00 during the colder months but moved it to the earlier tee time to beat the heat.

I'm a morning player but have a hard time finding people that like to hit the dawn patrol. It stems from my waterski/wakeboard background, around here if you aren't in the water waiting for the sun to peek out you aren't getting good water.

During the summer time I play most of my golf in the afternoons after work. Walk a quick 18 is the best way to wrap up the day!

No but I should be, Golfday Eve and Golfday Morning I am about as focused on work or whatever as a 1st grader would be at Christmas time. Unfortunately I have back issues and just getting moving with any kind of mobility takes till noonish each day.

love teeing off early and being done before 10 am. have the whole day ahead, and theres always possibility of 36!

I typically tee off at 5:30am and am done before 8:30am. Get home by 9:00am just after the kiddos have had breakfast and are ready to start the day.

I'm a morning player but have a hard time finding people that like to hit the dawn patrol. It stems from my waterski/wakeboard background, around here if you aren't in the water waiting for the sun to peek out you aren't getting good water.

During the summer time I play most of my golf in the afternoons after work. Walk a quick 18 is the best way to wrap up the day!

I find it very hard to get in 18 after work. Most courses are so slow due to league play, it can get a bit frustrating.

Tuesdays it's usually 7-8 am. Ugh. If I'm on my own or with a more sensible group.... 10 am. I prefer around 1:00 pm. the prices go down and no one is on the course.

I did something I have never done in my whole golf career yesterday. I hit a bucket of balls at 5:15 am, that is a first for me. Had the whole range to myself / and course if i had time to play . Was hard for my body to adjust to doing a physical activity that early. I'm convinced I'm a 9 am type of guy, screw that dawn patrol for me
That is the case all summer here between noon and 5 pm. When you are the only guy on the range, if you pass out from the heat, it could be a while before you are found.

Early bird here... I have trouble sleeping past about 5:00 am even on my days off. I like the early morning air and sunlight and I like playing while the wife and kids are asleep.

. It stems from my waterski/wakeboard background, around here if you aren't in the water waiting for the sun to peek out you aren't getting good water.
!

Yea, just too bad at about that same time is when sharks feel the same way :(

Nah, early tee times are too expensive ... I play mid day on weekends because that's when the golfnow.com hot deals are. I play so much, I'm a total golf bottomfeeder ...

Last edited:
Teeing off at 7 AM tomorrow. It might already be past my bedtime, in that case.

I'm willing to do it in the hopes of getting done before 11:00, but I know my body won't like it that much.

6:30 tee time tomorrow at Torrey North. About 30-45 min after my normal weekly playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not prefer the crack of dawn tee times ... and I live on the surface of the sun these days.

I hate early morning tee times especially in the winter months, its like 3 holes before I can even get the ball out of the tee box on the first swing ... I am a 9 am guy.

Being a Native Texan, the little later start, also gives me time to drive through WhataBurger for a jalapeno burger :laugh:

Going off at 9:04 this morning which is the earliest for me in several years.

On the range now before Father's Day festivities at noon. It is a complete mud pit, standing water everywhere. This is early and I'm heading home :(

Early for me is by far the recommended tee time for me. Prevents any chance of having a 5 hour round.

My scores don't show it but life says if I want to play on the weekends that's when I have to play . I'm usually 2-3 strokes better as the day goes on

I have kids that are involved in various weekend activities so definitely early for me. I prefer first off if I can get it as nothing throws me off more than waiting at T boxes which is just a fact of life at most muni golf courses.

Earlier the better for me play is faster and I still get time at home to get things done and spend with the wifey

I like being the first golfer on the course in the morning. And I usually am.

Because I work shift work I play alone during the week most of the time.

Nothing quite like being alone on the course, cutting tracks in the dew and enjoying the serenity of the world waking up in the morning

Sometimes, I tee off when I can not even see my ball land on my first shot. I love it.

Back