Are you an early AM crack of dawn type of player?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
obviously there may be any number of different reasons why one must play when their time and obligations allow. Then we also have pace concerns as the day grows older especially on weekends as another reason one may prefer early AM times. Also hot weather comes into the equation and etc...other things too.

While many factors may dictate when you play there still may be a preference even if those factors didn't exist.

For me, I like being up early, love the morning air and feeling of a new day. I even love it when on vacation and whether at home or away I love still having the rest of the day ahead of me after whatever I may be doing that morning is done even if its not golf.

But loving the morning don't necessarily mean I need to be the first one on the course either and doesn't mean I want to wake up at 4:30 or 5 to do so. To me somewhere between 7 and 8 am is a perfect tee time. That means I perhaps woke up about 6. But I would rather tee off at 6am vs 10am. Once a tee time hits 9am or later I just feel its cutting too much into the day and also starts imo to lose that morning air and feeling. But that's just me:)

How about you? are you an early riser and prefer early golf? or whats your deal/

I prefer to play in the middle of the afternoon when it is warmest (in all seasons) primarily because it is less crowded at that time and better for walking. Also, I love the heat and despise the cold, or even chiily.

I refuse to wake up early. Unless it's for a tee time

The earlier the better in the summer, and 10 or later in the winter. Doesn't matter the rest of the year. But really anytime someone wants to play is pretty much OK with me.

If I play on the weekend, which is becoming rarer it's crack of dawn so that I can get back to family time. During the week when I play it's typically mid afternoon when we have daylight or 11 to 12 when daylight is limited. My preference is an afternoon round, my back is generally loosened up, the Venti Bold's are out of my system and I've generally accomplished something already so I'm less distracted on the course.

Earlier the better.

Love being home by noon after playing 18.

Of course, I also wake up by 4AM daily.

I am an early morning person. It's my favorite time of the day, even on the weekends I can't seem to sleep pass 6 am. To me there is not a better time to tee it up, from watching a sunrise to the dew rooster tailing off a well rolled putt , It's hard to beat being up early and playing golf .

I prefer having a 10 - 12 tee time myself. Bring retired I have all day to play so why rush it? I have to walk my dog and such first thing in the morning so later is better for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im usually up very early and I do really enjoy the early morning with a pot of coffee and internet reading.....I like teeing off early but not the first groups.... my tee times generally are around 7:30-8:30 during the summer

Earlier the better. Love getting home before lunch

if need be yes, But i prefer late morning or later

My wife and I play the first thing in the morning. We are usually first or second off and can play 18 in 2 1/2 hours.

If it's a resort course, I prefer the first tee time of the day so I don't have to be held up by slower golfers. On our annual golf trip to Brainerd, Minnesota we always get the first two tee times for 7 consecutive days. We are back to enjoy the boating and family by 11:00 and all the wives are happy. At my home course it doesn't really matter because a round rarely takes more than 3:50, but I do enjoy going off first as a single in the the summer for my 90 minute round and being back home for coffee by 8:30.

If I play weekend skins, we start at 8 am but outside of that, most of my rounds are later in the day or evening.

I like the 7-8am tee times but my wife likes the 11ish, but I also found friday nite twilight golf to be great, only hardcore golfers out there so 3-3.5hr round walking

I am an early morning person. It's my favorite time of the day, even on the weekends I can't seem to sleep pass 6 am. To me there is not a better time to tee it up, from watching a sunrise to the dew rooster tailing off a well rolled putt , It's hard to beat being up early and playing golf .

yea I tend to lean a bit more towards that side vs the other but the only problem with the dew when combined with a low sun is that it sometimes can put out a real bad glare only to be mirrored and magnified against the wet fairway and then becomes difficult to see and track the balls.

7am on the weekends to beat the "old stable ford group" is my usual time. If I'm bringing my kids I wait until after 2pm so it's a little slower and we don't hold as many people up. My kids are twin 8 year olds who are just learning so a lot of re tees and 5 puts. They refuse to use the forward tees and want to play the blues with me.

I love getting out before 7. Usually can be done by 10-1030 and you have your full day left.

Pudge and I got out at 650 last week, it led to a great round.

I love an early morning round. Going off first in the summer, nobody in front of you, the sun coming up...ahh, much goodness right there.

I love being out at the course super early. Being on the course at daybreak (or close to) is just gorgeous. I love how empty the course is.

I would take a 6am tee time for every Saturday if I could. Sadly the people I play with prefer late morning tee times. I shy away from afternoon times, as they tend to take up more time than I would like. Nothing beats a 3 hour round in the morning. But I will always shy around a 6-7 hr round in the afternoons.

I love sleep and sleeping in. So no I hate morning golf :)

I'll play whenever the people I like to play with want to play. Right now my favorite golfing buddy works PT so we play about 1:30 a couple times a week. Otherwise I'd probably prefer 9-11 AM depending on the season.

I prefer to play in the middle of the afternoon when it is warmest (in all seasons) primarily because it is less crowded at that time and better for walking. Also, I love the heat and despise the cold, or even chiily.
This word for word is exactly me. Nailed it Sox Fan

yea I tend to lean a bit more towards that side vs the other but the only problem with the dew when combined with a low sun is that it sometimes can put out a real bad glare only to be mirrored and magnified against the wet fairway and then becomes difficult to see and track the balls.

Yes the sun can be a pain , but it's only for a couple holes and with us being Internet golfers our tee shots only go to the 150 yd. marker right down the middle everytime makes it to where I don't have a problem finding my ball.:fingers-crossed:

I'm a night owl, so I prefer no earlier than 10:30, but golf is one of the few things that will get me out of bed early. I've been known to get up at 4 am for a tee time.

Back