Are you bothered by a large ball mark?

I personally don't like to use one that is too big but it doesn't bother me if others do.

I got used to larger markers when the poker chip phase started but anything much larger than that is a little much.

I prefer something smaller. Not tiny by any means but smaller then a poker chip. Doesn’t really bother me what anyone uses and I have used larger markers before but it’s not my preference.

I sometimes use a poker chip for my mark, but I have no problem in changing it if it bothers my playing partners.
As far as a large marker bothering me, nope. If it's not on my line, I don't even see it.

Doesn't bother me, if it looks like it could come into play with my line then I just ask them to remark.

It doesn't bother me, but I swear some people use a manhole cover to mark.

Not an issue... I don't care if they dropped a beach umbrella down.

No problems with most ball markers.

With people posting pictures of their ball marks and size it got me thinking about them. I'm not bothered by a large ball mark, I typically use one that's large. If a playing partner is distracted by it I will switch it out to a smaller one at their request but it's not something that bothers me. If others have them they will just move it over so it's not in my line but I don't find them distracting. What say you? Are you bothered by a large ball marker? A tee as a ball marker? Do shiny objects distract you?
I really don't care what other people use. If it's on my line I might ask you to move it.
I have used a tee on the first how when I forgot my coin.

I always use a large ballmarker. But I usually carry one of those push in plastic ones and will use it when asked to.

I use smaller metal ones but have no issue with anyone using whatever they want. as long as it's not in my line, use whatever is comfortable for you

Last edited:
Anything bigger than a quarter is a bit much so really not a fan of the poker chip markers.

It doesn't matter to me at all.

Nope not at all!!!

Doesn't bother me at all. Even if it's in my line, I likely won't hit it anyway.

If the large marker is near the hole it can be a little distracting, but most knowledgeable golfers have a separate mark for that reason.
I have always been a quarter guy.

A bigger ball mark doesn't bother me, and if it's in my way I just ask it to be marked.

Personally I always try to carry two marks, one bigger than I want to use, and one smaller in case I'm inside someone and I don't want to bother them.

Not bothered by them.

Nope, don't care as long as it's not in my way.

Honestly pay very little attention to other marks. If it's in my perceived line, I'll have them move it, but other than that I don't even notice them.
This is exactly how I feel. I so rarely notice other people's marks on the green.

They annoy me a little bit but it's not something I get upset about.

Not bothered by it on the green.

I am however bothered with the larger/heavier markers if carrying them in a pocket (picture the Callaway coins). Having to backtrack after it fell out of my pocket riding a cart was not a good time.

Unless it starts flashing lights, I don’t care what other people use; if it’s in my way I’ll ask them to move. I prefer a dime or nickel size myself.

I don’t care at all about what ball marker people use. Never even considered asking someone to change out markers for a smaller one.

Back