That sounds awesome. Maybe we can have a big meetup in Tucson while summer rates still are in effect? I will find a room if we want to do a round Saturday and Sunday :) I am trying to get my buddy to join THP and will make that a requirement for him to play with us. Let’s look at end of July or sometime in August!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a plan! Keep me updated, brother.

I know it's short notice, but anyone interested in joining me tomorrow at Boulders? I don't have a tee time yet and open to playing any time after 9am.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I booked a tee time at Legacy for Thursday at 11:00 if any THPers want to join me. I know the tee time isn't ideal (especially with the heat) but it's the only chance I'll get to golf this week with work obligations.

PSA: the tee time was only $20.00 for the 11:00 time slot on golfnow.com

I wish I could because I enjoy Legacy. Be safe out there, Wednesday and Thursday heat advisories have already been announced.

I wish I could because I enjoy Legacy. Be safe out there, Wednesday and Thursday heat advisories have already been announced.

Yeah, I saw that. I'll bring plenty of water and if I have to tap out before my round is done, I'm O.K. with it, I'm only paying $20.00, so it's all good.

Alright all my AZ guys, where you playing on Saturday?

I am in Vegas and not playing this weekend. Next weekend, I have two round in the Albuquerque area (July 12 & 14)

Any Phoenix area THPers play at Stonecreek? Since I’m getting back to to the game I felt their players club deal will give me ample practice time. Hopefully the crucible of afternoon rounds will bake some competency into my swing.

Any Phoenix area THPers play at Stonecreek? Since I’m getting back to to the game I felt their players club deal will give me ample practice time. Hopefully the crucible of afternoon rounds will bake some competency into my swing.

I have heard good things, but never played there.

Arizona Locals

If anyone is interested, there is a 6 week “Spark Golf” league that plays Wednesday at 5pm at Springfield executive course in Chandler that starts August 21st. Two-person teams and it is best ball. Your cap will be based on what you shoot in league. $117 was the fee. I have a partner, but you can register as a single or duo. There are only 4 teams registered right now. Just message me if interested and I can send you info.

Arizona Locals

I would advise against this league at Springfield. I think we are going to cancel after playing it today. The course is in very rough shape.

I live on the west side now in Surprise. I found a pretty good group that plays monthly. They are called Uhack, mainly older guys but some younger ones are joining. Cost is usually 55 to 70 dollars, just depends on the course. Money pays for course fees and all games for the day. They have a one time hole in one pot. Has not hit in 3 years until last week, and that guy won 700 bucks. I joined because they play all over the valley and it gives me an option to play courses I probably would have never played.

Also if no one has played Verrado yet your missing out. The Founders course is fun, but the new one is amazing.

http://www.kapsite.info/uhack.htm

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I played AZ Grand on sunday. They just held a tournament. The starter warned us by saying that the pin locations are in the absolute toughest locations possible. He wasn't kidding. They seemed to always be tucked in the tightest most protected portion of the green with hidden breaks. One of the par threes has a multilevel green, the pin was 3/4 ths of the way up that ~3 foot transition slope. I had to eat a 4 putt on that one, tough pill when this hacker actually hits the green with my tee shot.

That said the course seemed in good condition considering the tournament. I even managed to reduce my total putts by 6 over my previous round.

Thinking about coming to Scottsdale in February for a few days with my wife. Plan to do some Vision54 work at Talking Stick, and possibly some other golf and site seeing. Any lodging, food, golf, etc recommendations from locals.

Thinking about coming to Scottsdale in February for a few days with my wife. Plan to do some Vision54 work at Talking Stick, and possibly some other golf and site seeing. Any lodging, food, golf, etc recommendations from locals.

February is a great time to be in AZ. You might get to witness the rare sight of snow capped peaks surrounding the valley. If you're into craft beer I can create you a great list of must try locations. food...sky's the limit there are so many great options. I'd avoid staying right in old-town scottsdale. You're in the action, over priced and hordes of party kids late night.

Golf, do you want top shelf, fun and playable, or best of muni-tracks? I've not played the courses at Talking Stick. They can be in good shape, but are flat and I've been told not as intersting as others around the valley.

February is a great time to be in AZ. You might get to witness the rare sight of snow capped peaks surrounding the valley. If you're into craft beer I can create you a great list of must try locations. food...sky's the limit there are so many great options. I'd avoid staying right in old-town scottsdale. You're in the action, over priced and hordes of party kids late night.

Golf, do you want top shelf, fun and playable, or best of muni-tracks? I've not played the courses at Talking Stick. They can be in good shape, but are flat and I've been told not as intersting as others around the valley.

Thanks for the info! The only reason I’m at Talking Stick is for a golf clinic. I’m waiting to get their 2020 schedule before I make reservations. I’m looking forward to checking out the area for retirement (that’s coming soon!)

Thanks for the info! The only reason I’m at Talking Stick is for a golf clinic. I’m waiting to get their 2020 schedule before I make reservations. I’m looking forward to checking out the area for retirement (that’s coming soon!)

Great place to retire. Once I'm at that age, I'm hope I'll not have to move! As you get closer to the dates, I'm sure all of us locals can give you some detailed tips.

When it gets closer, let us know. I would look at Golfnow.com because there are a lot of good AZ courses on there. I love the book, “Be a Player” by the Vision 54 coaches.

When it gets closer, let us know. I would look at Golfnow.com because there are a lot of good AZ courses on there. I love the book, “Be a Player” by the Vision 54 coaches.

I’ve read all their books. Ive found their thoughts apply to golf and off the course as well.

I’ve read all their books. Ive found their thoughts apply to golf and off the course as well.

I never heard of them until this conversation. I'll have to look into the book and their teaching.

I never heard of them until this conversation. I'll have to look into the book and their teaching.

They work on the “human aspects of golf” rather then mechanics, attempting to make the game less “thought choking” and more fun - relying on “gut feelings” rather than “brain feelings” whenever possible. They also encouraging planning and committing to a shot, before you address the ball, THEN do it.

It’s definitely food for thought and has helped my game. Hopefully you’ll get benefit as well.

They work on the “human aspects of golf” rather then mechanics, attempting to make the game less “thought choking” and more fun - relying on “gut feelings” rather than “brain feelings” whenever possible. They also encouraging planning and committing to a shot, before you address the ball, THEN do it.

It’s definitely food for thought and has helped my game. Hopefully you’ll get benefit as well.
I feel this is similar to how I play. So it resonates with me.

Anyone in the Phoenix area want to play Saturday?

Anyone in the Phoenix area want to play Saturday?

I’m in Ohio visiting my parents and sister for Xmas. Otherwise I’d say yes. I’m hoping to get a round in on the 27th after I get back.

I can’t play this weekend. I am shooting for the 26th or 27th at Orange Tree if we want to get a foursome together? (I have a rain check I need to use this month). I have a minor medical procedure on 31st and not sure how long I will be down for that (hopefully only a week or so).

Back