Ask Me Anything about THP

After the first quote, I was going to ask if you still read every post here, but you answered that.

So, what are the some of the craziest popular search terms over the years?

Last year we had "Amanda Balionis Nude" in the top 10 for some reason over the course of the whole year.
For a number of years "Holly Sonders naked" was top 5, but thankfully that has fizzled out.

@JB Thanks for answering. I definitely don’t think anything is “fixed.” I know personally after I was picked for my first event, I was a little worried that I would be paired with a crazy, axe murderer or something and my wife was more worried than I was when I told her I was entering an event. You are dealing with random people on the internet after all.

I have my own theories as to why we get so many good people in the forum, and as a result, into events. My first teammate at an experience was great and if he had an axe, he never got it out. @MagicSpell

I have a small saying at THP Experiences. If you look around the room and dont see the weirdo, find a mirror, because you are the weirdo.

I love the golden ticket idea! When did that first start and has the concept changed at all since that first golden ticket?

I love the golden ticket idea! When did that first start and has the concept changed at all since that first golden ticket?
Ya know, I honestly dont remember. I think it was Holiday Cheer years ago, maybe 5 or so.
It was something I wanted to do for years though.

If there was 1 event that isn't done anymore or you tried to line up but it didn't happen what would it be?

If there was 1 event that isn't done anymore or you tried to line up but it didn't happen what would it be?
Scroll through the thread early on. I listed one that had a MI/WI tie in and a boat.

But as someone that has read just about every post on THP
Even being a small part of it, there is so much pride from what you've said about the 2021 Grandaddy. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing that.

But getting to my quote, how the hell do you do it :LOL:

I feel like I spend a lot of time on here and I know you're WAY busier than I am. So my question is what is your process for how you keep up with everything? It seems like such an impossible task with all the conversation that happens here.

When do you think companies will let you come back to see them at their offices. I enjoyed the feedback from those trips.

Would you consider giving balls their own forum. Seems like there is a lot of stuff going on in that category all the time.

Even being a small part of it, there is so much pride from what you've said about the 2021 Grandaddy. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing that.

But getting to my quote, how the hell do you do it :LOL:

I feel like I spend a lot of time on here and I know you're WAY busier than I am. So my question is what is your process for how you keep up with everything? It seems like such an impossible task with all the conversation that happens here.
Everything here is from the heart. Its the truth and it did way more than I can ever type.

I think its a task. It used to be every single one. Now its every thread, but some slip through the cracks.

When do you think companies will let you come back to see them at their offices. I enjoyed the feedback from those trips.

I can do that now.

Would you consider giving balls their own forum. Seems like there is a lot of stuff going on in that category all the time.

Not currently.

I would say maybe? haha.
Some that in my head I think are going to be amazing, fall flat and others that are just quick hitters go nuts.

Surprised? Probably the 2021 Grandaddy thread. It came at a time I was pretty down on myself and certain aspects of the business and I was working WAY too hard, like 14-15 hour days getting ready for 2022 and then BAM, 5 straight days of some of the best I have ever seen on this forum. Im not saying that because you were part of it, because I have said it privately to a number of people that we work with.

But as someone that has read just about every post on THP, I have actually read that thread from start to finish 4 times and probably will again.

We had a blast making the 2021 Grandaddy thread pop for the whole time. I think the forum needed something like that to close out the year and show how we support each other.

One question, you have THP members across the country, have you ever given the thought of THP'ers who are local, covering PGA Tour events early in the week to get content on clubs in play, interviews with players or OEM reps?

For the team events like the MC, do you do a pure random draw or do to try get teams kinda equal based on handicaps?

For the website articles -

I try to rate all of them when I read them. I have had a couple of instances where I fat fingered and rated it 1 when I meant to rate it a 5. I haven't been able to find a way to correct this.

How much of an impact does that have on the writer, and does it impact THP as far as the sponsors go?
Either this question sucked, or you didn't see it
:LOL:

One question, you have THP members across the country, have you ever given the thought of THP'ers who are local, covering PGA Tour events early in the week to get content on clubs in play, interviews with players or OEM reps?

Yes. And gone as far as talking to the PGA Tour about it. It hasn't happened as of yet, not sure it will, but it has been discussed.

For the team events like the MC, do you do a pure random draw or do to try get teams kinda equal based on handicaps?

Handicaps make it equal, right? Isn't that what they are used for? :D

Either this question sucked, or you didn't see it
:LOL:

I am sorry I missed it.
I can't speak for them, but I know it can happen. I have done it myself haha. Unfortunately the system doesnt have a way to edit, but we did learn you can vote from both phone and computer if one chooses to at least even it out. :ROFLMAO:

It is really only bragging rights on the forum to win the competitions. What is the worst sandbagging handicap you saw in an event? No names need to be mentioned.

Scroll through the thread early on. I listed one that had a MI/WI tie in and a boat.
Ahh yes I did see that.

It is really only bragging rights on the forum to win the competitions. What is the worst sandbagging handicap you saw in an event? No names need to be mentioned.

Hmmm. That is tough. We had a person go to an event as an 18 and was WAY better than that. Upon being asked to investigate, they even posted their scores in the what did you shoot today and had about 19 nine hole rounds in a row right around 40.

Hmmm. That is tough. We had a person go to an event as an 18 and was WAY better than that. Upon being asked to investigate, they even posted their scores in the what did you shoot today and had about 19 nine hole rounds in a row right around 40.
Wow not even slick about it.

What is the hardest part about planning a THP experience from brainstorming and initial discussions with the sponsor to selecting THPers and coordinating and execution go the event?

What are the top 2-3 funniest things that have ever happened at an experience?

What is the hardest part about planning a THP experience from brainstorming and initial discussions with the sponsor to selecting THPers and coordinating and execution go the event?

Depends on the event. With a good spot, the execution isn't the hardest. For some though, its 19 different departments to talk to. To give an example. I recently planned one and food was one person. Room rental for food was another person. Rooms was another person. Golf was another person. Tee times was another person.

AND NONE OF THEM TALKED TO EACH OTHER.

Back