Azinger out at NBC!

I didn’t mind him. I can’t imagine trying to narrate every swing. Maybe Gary McCord can come back, he was a hoot.

Maybe they can talk Peyton Manning into coming over to the golf side, he'd be entertaining in the booth. :LOL:

Ok.. who is going to replace him?? That is the question..

As long as they don’t replace him with Chamblee….

Sorry for anyone losing a job. Still, golf on tv needs a younger voice. It’s so stall and boring. Hope they’ve made a good choice.

All of these "talking heads" think their opinions are more important than the golf itself and can't shut up, ever! Whoever replaces him will be no different.
I especially like: "He hit that one groove too high." Or, "If he has the speed and line, this putt could go in."

I never had an issue with Azinger. But I also didn't mind Faldo, Miller, or McCord, either. Heck, I don't even mind Chamblee. I find him entertaining in his doofus jester sort of way.

I guess the commentary and talking heads just don't matter very much to me.

I watch with the sound off, that way I don't hear the BS.

No tears from me. He was the worst IMO.

Sad news for me, I was a huge Azinger fan when he was a player & enjoyed what he brought to the telecast as an announcer.

Somebody has to say it, bring in Phil

YES!!!!!

He added nothing insightful to the broadcasts, repeated his small set of platiutudes ad nauseum, and everything he said was going to happen, three seconds later the opposite happened. What I can't figure out is how he stayed around for so long?

Now if we can only find away to get rid of Dan Hicks, who hasn't figured out that at some point, a sentence has to come to an end.

I didn't mind 'Zinger, they could do worse. I wouldn't hate it if they brought in Paige Mackenzie or Morgan Pressel to fill the chair, I enjoy listening to both of them.
You're right they could do worse. They could bring in Morgan Pressel. The word "vapid" was invented to describe her announcing.

Azinger isn't horrible and I'd much rather listen to former golf pros assessment of the golf rather than the announcers especially when the announcers (with little golf experience) criticize the pros for decisions or shots they played. But not fond of Azinger's "artist or engineer" analogy. 😂

You're right they could do worse. They could bring in Morgan Pressel. The word "vapid" was invented to describe her announcing.
Doesn't sound like you're a fan of much of anybody. Perfect candidate for the "Mute" button on the remote. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I’m not sure if this is a good thing or not. It all depends on who replaces him.

It’s not like they have a great broadcast formula and he was the only problem.

Maybe they can bring in Morgan Pressel......to continue the downward trend.
I'm convinced that golfers are unpleaseable when in comes to TV commentators
Heck, 50% hated Johnny Miller, same for Faldo.
Let’s not even contemplate that unless forced.

I want McCord and Feherty.

I liked Azinger, A LOT better than Miller.

As did I. They can’t all be great in the booth all the time, but when you have to compete against… Dan Hicks… I mean the bar is only so high to begin with.
I like Dan Hicks!

Back